Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as a likely #2 seed this year, I'm liking what Manu said about Spurs will deal with Golden State if and when that time comes in the playoffs.

1999 #1
    2003 #1
    2005 #2
    2007 #3
    2014 #1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So as a likely #2 seed this year, I'm liking what Manu said about Spurs will deal with Golden State if and when that time comes in the playoffs.

1999 #1
    2003 #1
    2005 #2
    2007 #3
    2014 #1
    Agreed. Proper focus should be on getting better and the next team up on the schedule. Warriors don't matter until we meet in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just gotta beat who is in your way. You never know what will happen. The Mavs looked unbeatable in 2007 winning an insane 67 games but lost to the 8th seed Warriors who only won 42 games. The Warriors then lost to the Jazz and then the Spurs beat the Jazz easily 4-1.

Because of the mighty Dallas Mavericks getting knocked out in the first round the Suns were the only chance to knock us off but we prevailed 4-2 in the awesome WCSF then steamrolled the helpless Jazz and Cavs on the way to the le. Who knows what would have happened if the Mavs beat the Warriors that year. Who knows what would have happened if the Spurs beat the bloody 8th seeded Grizzlies in 2011. Number 1 seeds sometime fall in the first round, the Spurs know this all too well. Whose to say this years number 8 seed can't beat a 67-73 win number 1 seed Warriors? The Spurs and Mavs got ed up by 8th seeds after fantastic seasons, we'll see how the Warriors go with a massive target on their backs.

We've won as a 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed. It doesn't matter where you come from or how the other series go, you just gotta beat who gets in you way. And I believe we have the team to do it. GO Spurs GO!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Proper focus should be on getting better and the next team up on the schedule. Warriors don't matter until we meet in the playoffs.
    Let golden state play their key players heavy minutes chasing Chicago's wins record. I will be happy with a healthy Spurs team and the 2 seed. Hopefully an easy 1st round series and home court advantage in the 2nd round.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just gotta beat who is in your way. You never know what will happen. The Mavs looked unbeatable in 2007 winning an insane 67 games but lost to the 8th seed Warriors who only won 42 games. The Warriors then lost to the Jazz and then the Spurs beat the Jazz easily 4-1.

Because of the mighty Dallas Mavericks getting knocked out in the first round the Suns were the only chance to knock us off but we prevailed 4-2 in the awesome WCSF then steamrolled the helpless Jazz and Cavs on the way to the le. Who knows what would have happened if the Mavs beat the Warriors that year. Who knows what would have happened if the Spurs beat the bloody 8th seeded Grizzlies in 2011. Number 1 seeds sometime fall in the first round, the Spurs know this all too well. Whose to say this years number 8 seed can't beat a 67-73 win number 1 seed Warriors? The Spurs and Mavs got ed up by 8th seeds after fantastic seasons, we'll see how the Warriors go with a massive target on their backs.

We've won as a 1 seed, 2 seed and 3 seed. It doesn't matter where you come from or how the other series go, you just gotta beat who gets in you way. And I believe we have the team to do it. GO Spurs GO!
    I don't see the Warriors falling to an 8. But I would like to see a 8 put some heat on them, wear them down by taking a couple games. That Pels match-up was a gift last year; just like every match-up they had.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Warriors falling to an 8. But I would like to see a 8 put some heat on them, wear them down by taking a couple games. That Pels match-up was a gift last year; just like every match-up they had.
    I personally feel Spurs fans should be rooting for the Warriors to beat the 72 win record because the pressure will be insane for them to win the championship after accomplishing that, anything else would be an abject failure. So if we could get an early lead on them in a series, they may crater

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see that happening it either but I look at a possible second round match up with the Clippers being a tough series. You never know with the Clippers they are Jeckyl and Hyde team but in the two losses they suffered against the Warriors this season they blew leads in the fourth quarter. They have a chance in in pulling off the upset.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally feel Spurs fans should be rooting for the Warriors to beat the 72 win record because the pressure will be insane for them to win the championship after accomplishing that, anything else would be an abject failure. So if we could get an early lead on them in a series, they may crater
    It wouldn't be that much; because the Pats already choked by not winning a SB after 16-0. Even the Panthers just lost an SB after a 15-1 season. Maybe the 86 C's or 98 Bulls didn't choke (though, I thought the Jazz were better anyhow, tbh). But I'm not sure that there would be so much pressure given the history of 1 seeds falling and history making teams in other sports falling as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These playoffs are going to be fun and one for the ages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wouldn't be that much; because the Pats already choked by not winning a SB after 16-0. Even the Panthers just lost an SB after a 15-1 season. Maybe the 86 C's or 98 Bulls didn't choke (though, I thought the Jazz were better anyhow, tbh). But I'm not sure that there would be so much pressure given the history of 1 seeds falling and history making teams in other sports falling as well.
    Lol, no, they would feel unbelievable pressure, no doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It just may happen with Portland/Houston.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just may happen with Portland/Houston.
    Maybe Houston if they played with heart. Blazers would be another Pels, tbh.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, dubs would steamroll the lockets, guests or

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Houston if they played with heart. Blazers would be another Pels, tbh.
    Nah, Lillard and CJ will make Steph and Klay work.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Beverley tearing out Curry's knee

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even know CJ w/o looking. It'd be a sweep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2005 they finished the Rodeo Trip with 5-2 record, in 2007, 4-4. The RRT performance seems a myth but at least having a good record talks about the road isn't having a big impact on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These playoffs are going to be fun and one for the ages.
    Amen bro!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This and in all honestly, if anyone thinks the Warriors will roll through the playoffs, they wont. The Heat in 2013 seemed to have another gear all regular season, yet found problems in the postseason. Last season the Warriors were down 2-1 to teams that were not on their level. Its still a long way away, deal with them when the time comes.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let golden state play their key players heavy minutes chasing Chicago's wins record. I will be happy with a healthy Spurs team and the 2 seed. Hopefully an easy 1st round series and home court advantage in the 2nd round.
    Idk.. Draymond has the most playing time with 34 mins.
    Doesn't seem they're sacrificing bodies for the record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bumping the Championship seed history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Of course, twice when they went out in the first round they were the 1 seed and the 3 seed. And once they lost the last game of the season to fall from 2 to 5 seed. But anything can happen. Westbrook going down right before the playoffs changed that post-season drastically. And in '12, the Spurs "only" won 50 games, and then won the first two games of the WCF on the road. I'm sure the Spurs feel good about where they are right now.

I remember in '07 when they were the 3 seed and curb-stomped Phoenix who was the 1. I think Tim, Tony, and Manu averaged something like a combined 70 points per game in that season. I know the first two games in Phoenix they scored 80 and 78. This team is going to have to do it another way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Of course, twice when they went out in the first round they were the 1 seed and the 3 seed. And once they lost the last game of the season to fall from 2 to 5 seed. But anything can happen. Westbrook going down right before the playoffs changed that post-season drastically. And in '12, the Spurs "only" won 50 games, and then won the first two games of the WCF on the road. I'm sure the Spurs feel good about where they are right now.

I remember in '07 when they were the 3 seed and curb-stomped Phoenix who was the 1. I think Tim, Tony, and Manu averaged something like a combined 70 points per game in that season. I know the first two games in Phoenix they scored 80 and 78. This team is going to have to do it another way.
    It was all about Phoenix and Dallas. Though Dallas was the 1 seed that year (We Believe Warriors punked them) and Suns were 2. We owned them for so many years, it was great to watch.

It'll definitely have to be different this year tho. But anything's possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nice recap of that Phoenix series. They don't have 3 guys that together with Kawhi will average 70-80 points... You have a point. Anyways just random musing.

They have a committe based thing past options 1 and 2... If they click at the right time... teams like that are the toughest to deal with bc any given guy can score in double figures any random game... Spurs have that ceiling. Their floor can be lower though bc shooters can stream to a bad shooting night and they also have the potential to have aged players look ancient and young players look raw and not ready for the ocassion. They are unpredictable that way.

Still there's a chance. Lee, Pau, Mills have been consistent. Manu and Tony may have a vintage moment, Lamarcus can have a hot hand, etc. I will cheer no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bring back Horry for another hip check?

Thread Information