My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exact function does this perform?

Why would one want / not want this on and working properly?

Mine has "Encountered a technical issue" and no further explanation is given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtual Private Network..

Hide your iden y online, access sites restricted by location. Perverts like Avante use it for illegal activities.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perverts like Avante use it for illegal activities.
    No, that's TOR tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Virtual Private Network..

Hide your iden y online, access sites restricted by location. Perverts like Avante use it for illegal activities.
    So when HP Support tech dork from India call center calls it "an antivirus system" he is full of chit?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when HP Support tech dork from India call center calls it "an antivirus system" he is full of chit?
    Avast is the antivirus and internet security suite guy, Secureline VPN is just an additional option to go with it. I like it because it doesn't need any additional tweaking to download using uTorrent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the vpn progam is it set up at the device to protect that device, or its set up from the router/model protected all users connected to that router? i prefer the later option, so whats the vpn u guys using?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the vpn progam is it set up at the device to protect that device, or its set up from the router/model protected all users connected to that router? i prefer the later option, so whats the vpn u guys using?
    I use TORguard VPN. Got a year for $25.

For the layman, typically when you connect to a website, the connection goes something like this: Your computer > Your router > Your ISP > The website (yes there are usually other hops involved but this is simple). The website and your computer then talk to each other.

This is your connection via a VPN: Your computer > Router > ISP > A local or international "swarm" > The website (again very simplified)

The "swarm" is a cluster of anonymous connections that are designed to basically fold your connection into a masking net of thousands of other users simultaneously. The website "talks" to the swarm which then exchanges information with your computer.

It's a much more secure way to browse the net anonymously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i got a android base system that im trying to connect to a server within a commie ry that looks like it has blocked access from the outside world to update whatever horse , but any resident within the ry has no problem downloading/updating from that server....can a vpn bypass that international blocked?

Thread Information