My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Windows 10 Now Showing Full Screen Ads On Lock Screen

Several media outlets are reporting that Windows 10 has now started showing full screen ads on users' lock screens. They can be turned off, but how many people will actually bother with this? "Tips site How-To Geek discovered that Windows Spotlight, which normally rotates between a selection of photographs, was being used to display an ad for Square Enix's Rise of the Tomb Raider. Understandably, most people probably don't want to be hit in the face with a full-screen ad for a video game before they even unlock their computer. If you want to make sure you're not hit with these ads, follow these steps to disable Windows Spotlight: Open the Start Menu and search for "Lock Screen Settings."; Under "Background," select either Picture or Slideshow, instead of Windows Spotlight.; Scroll down to "Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen" and this toggle."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't happened to me yet.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Windows 10 Now Showing Full Screen Ads On Lock Screen

Several media outlets are reporting that Windows 10 has now started showing full screen ads on users' lock screens. They can be turned off, but how many people will actually bother with this? "Tips site How-To Geek discovered that Windows Spotlight, which normally rotates between a selection of photographs, was being used to display an ad for Square Enix's Rise of the Tomb Raider. Understandably, most people probably don't want to be hit in the face with a full-screen ad for a video game before they even unlock their computer. If you want to make sure you're not hit with these ads, follow these steps to disable Windows Spotlight: Open the Start Menu and search for "Lock Screen Settings."; Under "Background," select either Picture or Slideshow, instead of Windows Spotlight.; Scroll down to "Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen" and this toggle."
    OMG...

Even before this, just when I think I'll put 10 on my win 7 tower, there are still too many things distasteful about 10.

WTF is wrong with MicroCrap?

There are still things about their update process I don't care for. I still can't stand the lag before it does things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't happened to me yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG...

Even before this, just when I think I'll put 10 on my win 7 tower, there are still too many things distasteful about 10.

WTF is wrong with MicroCrap?

There are still things about their update process I don't care for. I still can't stand the lag before it does things.
    Do you actually spend any time on a locked screen?

I've never used that feature. Ever.

This computer is either turned on or in sleep mode.

Thread Information