My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A student implicated in a case at Texas A&M University where racial slurs were allegedly used against a group of black high school students touring the campus is "no longer associated" with the university, the school said on Wednesday.

Texas A&M would offer no further details about the student due to privacy rules. It added no criminal charges would be brought in the February incident that raised questions about pockets of intolerance at one of the state's biggest universities.

University President Michael Young, who has described the incident as heartbreaking and intolerable, called on the university community to renew its respect for inclusion and diversity.

"We are launching our students into a world where they will need to work with everyone to be successful in addressing the great societal challenges that we, as a country, face," he said in a statement.

Initial reports said more than one university student was suspected of making the racially charged comments but the university on Wednesday did not make clear how many students may have been involved.

"One of the many students interviewed is no longer associated with Texas A&M University," Young said.The university has been investigating reports that at least one student directed racially charged remarks at a group of students from Uplift Hampton Preparatory in Dallas, a charter school with a student body mainly compromised of racial minorities.

Last year, 94 percent of its graduating class went to college and nearly every one of those students was the first person in his or her family to go to college, according to the school.

African-Americans comprise less than 4 percent of the student body at Texas A&M, university data shows. African-Americans made up 12.5 percent of the Texas population in 2014, U.S. Census data showed.

University police interviewed those involved in the incident and has concluded its investigation, police said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-m-studen...232510035.html

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    My favorite part is the city where the story is reportedly from

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    yeah, there are a bunch of neophyte redneck racists at a&m. ran into my fair share that's for sure. as i did in grad school at UT. it's texas. there are racist factions on every major campus in this ass backward state.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I saw more racist in New York City then I've ever seen in Texas. We have our fair share, but for all their hollier-than-thou mentality they are worse than most places.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I saw more racist in New York City then I've ever seen in Texas. We have our fair share, but for all their hollier-than-thou mentality they are worse than most places.
    very good point. new yorkers are f'ing racists. bostonians and philadelphians too.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Northern cities are defacto segregated and always have been. Most of the race riots happened in northern cities after the Great Migration. Mix actual ignorance about other ethnic groups with a liberal superiority complex and you will get a lot of nasty ing people.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    that explains why those aggys were yelling the n-word at visiting high school students
    I don't remember reading where the N-word was used, I saw the part about go back to where you came from and the girl with the confederate ear rings but if there is an article that says they were shouting the N-word I didn't see it.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't remember reading where the N-word was used, I saw the part about go back to where you came from and the girl with the confederate ear rings but if there is an article that says they were shouting the N-word I didn't see it.
    What are some other racial slurs towards blacks do you think they used?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I can think of all kinds of racial slurs you can use without dropping an N bomb.

I keep a reference list of racial slurs in my phone for every race and religion just in case I need to use one.

If you give me your race and religion I can give you plenty of examples

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I can think of all kinds of racial slurs you can use without dropping an N bomb.

I keep a reference list of racial slurs in my phone for every race and religion just in case I need to use one.

If you give me your race and religion I can give you plenty of examples
    As long as the slur isn't the N bomb, then it's ok

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As long as the slur isn't the N bomb, then it's ok
    Exactly, there are lines you shouldn't cross.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I see you are old enough to remember the Richard Pryor Chevy Chase skit from SNL back in the 70's.

Last edited by Vito Corleone; 03-12-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Thread Information