Texas Longhorns
    Is the earth a closed system?

Venus isn't

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The point being a hole in the ozone layer has little to no relevance when debating global warming.

Show me how it supports/disproves something having to do with climate change.
    I just spit that out there once. I said more about the CO2 levels. And those easily support climate change theories

I mentinoed holes in the ozone, and human impact in general, to get people to realize that we have totally impacted every square inch of land on this entire planet....why is it so far fetched for us to alter the atmosphere, or at least some levels of it?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons
    I don't want to believe it's true because the people who believe are damn annoying about it. If it's too hot, they point to global warming. If it's too cold, they point to global warming. Same ish for too much or too little rain. Whatever happens with the weather, they are quick to point to global warming.

Just STFU and go pray for an ice age so humans can globally warm the earth and cause it to melt again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    touchy touchy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Well, Venus has a different chemical compisition than the earth and happens to be a whole of a lot closer to the sun.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Is the climate changing? You bet. Does all the pavement and non-permeable cover have anything to do with it? You bet.

But never underestimate the ability of Mother Nature to correct herself. To think that humans are capable of completely altering the patterns and mechanisms of nature is pretty naive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Air Force Falcons

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well, Venus has a different chemical compisition than the earth and happens to be a whole of a lot closer to the sun.

If you compare distances from the sun and planet temperatures, the distance does not explain the higher temperature of venus alone, something else is contributing to its high temp's.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Here's the deal CBF...

I think Climate Change is undergoing. The tempature is rising, the oceans show far more CO2 than they should have (in fact they are turning very acidic which is probably a larger problem than a global mean tempature rise.), and there are signs virtually everywhere you look.

Very few dispute that the earth is warming up and will continue to do so.

What is VERY disputed, is the cause and just how much impact humans are having. We don't have enough information to know for sure one way or another. We just don't.

What I can't stand, is that with every hot day, or every intense hurricane, or every out of place weather event people want to point to global warming. It's the greatest non sequitor of all! There is nothing to tie the heat we've had recently with climate change, there is nothing to tie the recent hurricanes to climate change, and there is nothing to tie a lot of to global warming.

But no one wants to present the real facts, because they aren't appealing. It isn't even known if the effects of global warming have the chance to produce a better earth for humans! Thats right, the earth warming up may not be all bad! The you say!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    Can't we just look at prior year's temperatures in the Farmer's Almanac and compare them to current temperatures?

Seems pretty simple to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    If you compare distances from the sun and planet temperatures, the distance does not explain the higher temperature of venus alone, something else is contributing to its high temp's.
    Obviously Venus' atmosphere plays a huge role in that. But how does that help you prove Climate Change?

SW: Hot As Hell
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The real threat is not CO2 but DI-HYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

http://www.dhmo.org/

Environmental Impact of Dihydrogen Monoxide
    Due in part to its widespread use in industry, Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is involved in many environmental incidents each year. While most are unavoidable given current technology, there can be little doubt that the presence of DHMO in each significantly increases the negative impact to the environment.

Among the many commonly-sited DHMO-related environmental impacts are:

* DHMO contributes to global warming and the "Greenhouse Effect", and is one of the so-called "greenhouse gasses."

* DHMO is an "enabling component" of acid rain -- in the absence of sufficient quan ies of DHMO, acid rain is not a problem.

* DHMO is a causative agent in most instances of soil erosion -- sufficiently high levels of DHMO exacerbate the negative effects of soil erosion.

* DHMO is present in nearly every creek, stream, pond, river, lake and reservoir in the U.S. and around the world.

* Measurable levels of DHMO have been verified in ice samples taken from both the Arctic and Antarctic ice caps.

* Recent massive DHMO exposures have lead to the loss of life and destruction of property in California, the Mid-West, the Philippines, and a number of islands in the Caribbean, to name just a few.

Industrial DHMO Dumping
    In spite of the recent movement to ban unlawful dumping of hazardous chemicals into waterways in the U.S. and abroad, release of massive quan ies of DHMO continues. Industry cannot be held accountable entirely because lawmakers are reluctant to pass legislation to make most forms of dumping of DHMO illegal. Reasons for this could include pressures from corporate leaders, industry lobbyists, and even vested foreign governments. This governmental inaction leading to nearly unregulated dumping may be one of the most overlooked environmental impacts of DHMO.

Meanwhile, federal (EPA) regulations are in place to make illegal the disposal of DHMO in landfills, including those licensed for hazardous waste. Regulations also stipulate that any DHMO appearing in a landfill must be removed. Judging from these laws it appears that the U.S. government recognizes the inherent danger DHMO poses to the environment, at least in certain cir stances.

The U.S. government refuses to ban the production, distribution, and use of DHMO. This inaction may be due to pressures from private interests and corporate-sponsored economists, among many, who predict a DHMO ban could produce disastrous results. Claims include damage to public health and the well-being of the U.S. and world economies.

Fortunately, some industry and governmental leaders are taking the initiative to inform and educate their employees in spite of what the U.S. government's official policy may be. Major employers, such as Sandia National Laboratories, a national security laboratory operated by the Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Co., for the U.S. Department of Energy, have begun notifying their workers of the DHMO issue. With efforts such as those at Sandia, the profligation of DHMO may one day be minimized.

Equally encouraging is the support of environmental organizations, such as the Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand, an important force in the southern hemisphere promoting "ecological wisdom, social responsibility, appropriate decision-making and non-violence." Notably, a busy high-ranking Member of Parliament there supports a ban on DHMO. This welcome endorsement serves as a reminder to a pre-occupied world that fostering a widespread knowledge of DHMO is crucial.

Back to DMRD main page

URL: http://www.dhmo.org/environment.html
    Copyright © by Tom Way
    http://www.ogauge.co.uk/DHMO.html

BAN DI-HYDROGEN MONOXIDE!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is colourless, odourless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. As little as a tablespoonful can be fatal. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe - often irreversible - damage to body tissue. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide gas or liquid do not end there. DHMO is an essential component of a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulphuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen Monoxide:

* is also known as Hydroxyl Acid or Hydrogen Hydroxide, and is the major component of acid rain.
    * contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    * may cause severe burns which can be fatal, especially to children.
    * contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    * accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    * may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of motor vehicle brakes and other vital components.
    * has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Significant quan ies of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in Europe today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In England DHMO causes millions of pounds of damage to property each year, in virtually every part of the country. Remember - costly damage caused by DHMO could affect your house at any time without warning.

Despite the danger, Dihydrogen Monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    * in nuclear power stations.
    * in the production of styrofoam and other poisonous chemicals.
    * to accelerate the growth of genetically modified crops.
    * as a fire re ant.
    * in many forms of cruel animal research.
    * in the distribution of pesticides. Even after prolonged washing, food and produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    * as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other unhealthy food products.

Companies - more concerned with profits than the environment - dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

The Blair government, under pressure from powerful industrial lobbies backed by faceless and unaccountable multi-national corporations, has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, long after after the end of WW2, the Royal Navy and other military organizations are still conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-million pound devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Numerous secret military research facilities including nuclear submarine bases receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quan ies for later use.

It's Not Too Late!

Find out more about this dangerous chemical!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination!

Please support our fighting fund!

Send your donations, large or small, to:-

Home of 'O' Gauge, 528 Kingston Road, Raynes Park, LONDON SW20 8DT

Thank you!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Is the climate changing? You bet. Does all the pavement and non-permeable cover have anything to do with it? You bet.

But never underestimate the ability of Mother Nature to correct herself. To think that humans are capable of completely altering the patterns and mechanisms of nature is pretty naive.

I never said completely alter. And to think that humans should be confined to the same standards set by other species is even more naive. It's quite ridiculous actually

You realize the ecological footprint of the typical american is about 13 acres? Can you imagine, an exploding human population (like now) with billions of people approaching the american way of life (like now) do you seriously think there is enough resources to support a species that does this?

Humans change the rules, and there is evidence for humans altering mechanisms of nature, theres increased levels of elements in soils that werent there even 10 years ago, this effects all kinds of ecological processes, sure maybe it doesnt flip them upside down, but it does alter them

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Obviously Venus' atmosphere plays a huge role in that. But how does that help you prove Climate Change?

If you want me to prove climate change we both know i cant. But if that's all youre looking for, then we might as well never say Duncan is the greatest player in the world, because that can't be proven either.

The stuff i've been mentioning supports it, just like the CO2 levels, the correlation to temperature, etc. What facts have you told me that don't support Climate Change?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think Manny is telling you there is no PROOF that any of those findings can directly be related to human civilization.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    My beef isn't with Climate Change, it is with the way it is presented. I'll look some things up so I can show you what I mean.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

What I can't stand, is that with every hot day, or every intense hurricane, or every out of place weather event people want to point to global warming. It's the greatest non sequitor of all! There is nothing to tie the heat we've had recently with climate change, there is nothing to tie the recent hurricanes to climate change, and there is nothing to tie a lot of to global warming.
    I never used today as proof for climate change, i realize how stupid it is to use days to talk about climate change. All today did was stimulate me to talk about it, cuz i know in my memory it has not been this hot at this time of year last year or the year before. Thats all.

It isn't even known if the effects of global warming have the chance to produce a better earth for humans! Thats right, the earth warming up may not be all bad! The you say!
    pfff, well i guess it could improve the earth for the considerable population of human beings that dont live anywhere near any oceans or close to rivers that are prone to flooding.
    Surely you don't think that global warming (regardless of cause) will keep the polar ice caps frozen, do you?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think Manny is telling you there is no PROOF that any of those findings can directly be related to human civilization.

Dude I think I've been telling you that there has been proof we've increased CO2 levels considerably. That right there, i guess is PROOF. Beyond this is correlation. Noone in the entire history of the world will ever truely 'prove' anything, thats why it doesn't make sense to keep ignoring alot of correlations. Because most of what we've ever 'proved' about anything is based on correlation.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    What if global warming changes areas of this earth that do not provide agricultre very well such as the Sahara in places much more like the Great Plains? What if Siberia warms and that land is able to be used in a much better fashion?

There are a lot of what ifs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    What if global warming changes areas of this earth that do not provide agricultre very well such as the Sahara in places much more like the Great Plains? What if Siberia warms and that land is able to be used in a much better fashion?

There are a lot of what ifs.

No doubt, and I can refrain from saying 'bull ' outright when i hear something like that. But if we're on this track of brainstorming, then it will undoubtedly make alot of areas of human civilization tier, like those near the ocean

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I think we should declare war on the sun.

See you when it burns SWC Bonfire's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    CBF, do some research on the effect of the earth's wobbling on its axis and the resultant climate change on North Africa. 5000 years ago, the sahara desert once received somewhat regular rainfall, and the middle east was more hospitible to developing civilization.

I think that that cycle completes every 12,000 years or so.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Dude I think I've been telling you that there has been proof we've increased CO2 levels considerably. That right there, i guess is PROOF. Beyond this is correlation. Noone in the entire history of the world will ever truely 'prove' anything, thats why it doesn't make sense to keep ignoring alot of correlations. Because most of what we've ever 'proved' about anything is based on correlation.
    Your correlations don't proove that. There isn't even proof that CO2 is a major reason behind global warming, or that mankind is the sole reason for recent increases. You can take a look back at whole history of the earth's warming and cooling. Long before humans were here the earth cooled and warmed to and from both much colder and much hotter temperatures than what mankind has ever experienced. We may or may not be the sole cause for any recent changes, or we may be just riding changes that naturally occur and have no real say in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advicating pollution or burning down rainforests or anything. But I've not been convinced that we are going to all fry in the next 50 years.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think we should declare war on the sun.
    I would like to be the first to call for the pull out of heat from San Antonio.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your correlations don't proove that. There isn't even proof that CO2 is a major reason behind global warming, or that mankind is the sole reason for recent increases. You can take a look back at whole history of the earth's warming and cooling. Long before humans were here the earth cooled and warmed to and from both much colder and much hotter temperatures than what mankind has ever experienced. We may or may not be the sole cause for any recent changes, or we may be just riding changes that naturally occur and have no real say in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advicating pollution or burning down rainforests or anything. But I've not been convinced that we are going to all fry in the next 50 years.
    It won't be the sun that will be the cause of human life being "fried" it will be humans who destroy humanity.

Thread Information