Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know ElNono was big into MAME since they don't have new games in Mexico. That's probably the GOAT emulator of all time. What other do you guys like to run? ePSXe seems unbeatable for PS1 since you have all kinds of crazy shaders you can apply, e.g., playing games cell shaded for example. And rendering in 1080p really cleans edges up a lot. PCSX2 is pretty great for PS2 if you have a strong CPU. Damn the PS2 games really look a lot better rendered at 1080p, stuff like God of War II looks somewhat modern at that resolution.

Any hidden gems to check out? One game I had never heard of that turns out to be pretty badass is Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast (running nullDC).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Psychonauts is a game I've never played before, and it's pretty great, tbh... there's a Steam version too, so no emu needed. Another emu that I've heard good stuff about is PPSSPP, good compatibility and also have 1080p upscaling for PSP games...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, let me blow my own horn here, if you have a PS4, we're doing something special with some of the PS2 games on PS4 ports... not just adding trophies, but for select games we're actually adding widescreen support, fixing bugs in the original games, and some more stuff that I can't talk publicly at the moment... I know they're a bit pricey for a port, but we are putting a lot of work in them, including fixes, updates, and 1080p/60hz support out of the box...

For example, we fixed bugs on Jedi StarFighter and Racer Revenge (another excellent game, BTW) that caused crashes in the original PS2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Psychonauts is a game I've never played before, and it's pretty great, tbh... there's a Steam version too, so no emu needed. Another emu that I've heard good stuff about is PPSSPP, good compatibility and also have 1080p upscaling for PSP games...
    I had a PSP, and I thought the games were so ty I rooted it and put an NES emulator on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had a PSP, and I thought the games were so ty I rooted it and put an NES emulator on it.
    Patapon, Lumines 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus are pretty decent, tbh... also Daxter and MGS: Peace Walker...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The neat thing with emus is that they let you discover games you might have never played before... besides playing old classics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patapon, Lumines 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus are pretty decent, tbh... also Daxter and MGS: Peace Walker...
    Dammit, most of those came out after I gave my PSP away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man if you want to waste time like crazy, I recommend Drastic DS emulator for the android and then look for DS roms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    zSNES, PSCX2, ePSXe, MAME, Chankast

theisozone.com has pretty much every PS2 game you need, American or Jap too FYI..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, let me blow my own horn here, if you have a PS4, we're doing something special with some of the PS2 games on PS4 ports... not just adding trophies, but for select games we're actually adding widescreen support, fixing bugs in the original games, and some more stuff that I can't talk publicly at the moment... I know they're a bit pricey for a port, but we are putting a lot of work in them, including fixes, updates, and 1080p/60hz support out of the box...

For example, we fixed bugs on Jedi StarFighter and Racer Revenge (another excellent game, BTW) that caused crashes in the original PS2...
    Anyway, you can tell us what games your working on? I have some childhood favourites that i wouldnt mind seeing on ps4 classics lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have SNES and Genesis emulators on my Android phone

I should probably try them on my tablet

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I should fire up my C64 so I can play this again:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/earth-orbit-stations

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know ElNono was big into MAME since they don't have new games in Mexico. That's probably the GOAT emulator of all time. What other do you guys like to run? ePSXe seems unbeatable for PS1 since you have all kinds of crazy shaders you can apply, e.g., playing games cell shaded for example. And rendering in 1080p really cleans edges up a lot. PCSX2 is pretty great for PS2 if you have a strong CPU. Damn the PS2 games really look a lot better rendered at 1080p, stuff like God of War II looks somewhat modern at that resolution.

Any hidden gems to check out? One game I had never heard of that turns out to be pretty badass is Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast (running nullDC).
    We used to play virtua tennis all ing day between bong rips lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway, you can tell us what games your working on? I have some childhood favourites that i wouldnt mind seeing on ps4 classics lol
    I can't, but if you have some in mind, let me know, and I'll see about trumpeting them upstream... frankly, it's not about just picking games.. rights holder have to be contacted, they gotta want to publish, contracts signed, etc... it's a process.

But, if you have a shortlist, post them here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't, but if you have some in mind, let me know, and I'll see about trumpeting them upstream... frankly, it's not about just picking games.. rights holder have to be contacted, they gotta want to publish, contracts signed, etc... it's a process.

But, if you have a shortlist, post them here...
    I used to play this game called Suikoden for the Ps2...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to play these game called Suikoden for the Ps2...
    Suikoden III, IV or V? The original Suikoden was PS1, IIRC....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suikoden III, IV or V? The original Suikoden was PS1, IIRC....
    I played them all..but both 1 and 2 are on the store but not 3 to 5.

That series had a lot of aregntininans fans for som reason. Probably one of the top 3 biggest suiko communities. The 05 forums was full of them.

That game reminds me of the dragon age series. Dont think iv played it for over 10 years though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazon Fire + Bluetooth controller + emulators = portable fun, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are emulators compatible with Chromecast?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are emulators compatible with Chromecast?
    Probably...assuming you can relay it through a pair of Beats Studio Maxs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The in progress PS3 emulator looks promising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-nes-e...d-347508.phtml

I just saw this on my news feed. Apparently this emulator makes NES games look 3D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Id give six years before it can start running most ps3 games smoothly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.destructoid.com/new-nes-e...d-347508.phtml

I just saw this on my news feed. Apparently this emulator makes NES games look 3D

Yeah I seent that too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Only a handful of games work smoothly atm but it's coming along a lot faster than previous generations tbh

Thread Information