Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Avante fapping

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I counted 20.78 strides.

The formula is adding .24 to make the adjustment from hand times to electro.

Renaldo Nehemiah ran a HT 4.1 for the Niners.

The big deal is the surface, this is a biggie. A 4.1 on grass is totally different than a 4.1 on a track. And we have different track surfaces. Then we have to take the wind reading into account. Obviously an adding wind totally different than a head wind. And, mass vs wind is also a factor,

The very first black speedster we see in pro football was the tiny (also) Buddy Young all 5-4 170 of him. He was an NCAA/AAU 100 champ.

The thing about the 40 is that here SE doesn't matter, something that is huge at 100m. all the world class sprinters possess SE in abundance, that is why they are world class.

A guy like Usain Bolt spent years training for the 400/200 before ever running a compe ive 100m, so when he finally did start competing in the shorter sprint his 6-5 stride and his special degree of SE overwelmed the compe ion.

Texas Tech not known for speed, they have never had a sub10.00 sprinter among the alumni.

The roots to the tree.

TCU... NCCA 4x1 record and 7 sub10.00 sprinters among the alum, no other school remotely close (Ronnie Baker just won the NCAA indoor 60 and will become the Horn Frogs next sub10.00, and they also have the nations fastest footballer Kolbey Listenbee 10.03)
    Houston
    UTEP
    Texas Southern

...the speed schools in Texas.

Baylor in the 400m.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast 40's at pro days are legendaruy for being.... Let's see how close Grant comes to that when he runs at the combine. I do see a 4.33ish.
    Last edited by Avante; 03-16-2016 at 08:36 PM.

When it comes to 5-6 160 pounders the NFL has had....

Howard Stevens
    Lionel "Little Train" James
    Mini Max Anderson
    Mac Herron
    Nolan "Super Gnat" Smith...great kck returner
    And..... Buddy Young.

While short both Maurice Jones Drew and Ray Rice were a lot bigger than those guys.

The first Houston Oilers first 1000 yd rusher was the 5-6 Charley Tolar but he a 210 pounder.

Speaking of fast 40's.

Walter Dix is the current NCAA (FSU) 200m record holder, and was one of the fastest sprinters in the world.

World Ranking

1.......................... Yohan Blake (Jamaica)2..............................Usain Bolt (Jamaica)3......................... Asafa Powell (Jamaica)4.......................................W alter Dix (US)******5............... Christophe Lemaitre (France)6............................. Kim Collins (St Kitts)7.......................... Nesta Carter (Jamaica)8.......................... Daniel Bailey (Antigua)9................................. Mike Rodgers (US)
    10..................... Michael Frater (Jamaica
    Last edited by Avante; 03-17-2016 at 12:50 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    lol 7 months later bump

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    lol 7 months later bump
    Because the NFL isn't on in the spring and summer.

Sad effort. Lol utsa.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    The seconds in that video are broken into 25 segments, not 100. According to that, he ran a 4.48. Doesn't seem all that fast.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    The seconds in that video are broken into 25 segments, not 100. According to that, he ran a 4.48. Doesn't seem all that fast.
    Your logic doesn't make any sense.

It's cool tho because NFL has him officially at 4.34

1 thing about this. ......why the is he running in his boxer briefs and the camera man has it super slo mo. Lol seriously wtttff
    Last edited by Blake; 10-15-2016 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Your logic doesn't make any sense.
    It's not really logic, it's math. At 25 frames per second, 12/25 =.48 seconds.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's not really logic, it's math. At 25 frames per second, 12/25 =.48 seconds.
    Whatever you're doing doesn't make sense. It's okay tho because I really don't care enough to discuss further

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Whatever you're doing doesn't make sense. It's okay tho because I really don't care enough to discuss further
    Well, sorry for causing you such confusion with simple math. The guy isn't that fast. At least we all agree.

Well, sorry for causing you such confusion with simple math. The guy isn't that fast. At least we all agree.
    Wrong~

Anything sub 4.40 is FAST....ok rookie? Keep in mind this is football, ok?

Pay attention

Track sprinters train at 300m, and over distance, ok? The reason being they run the 100m, not the 40. The 100m is all about speed endurance, as you don't know nobody can run all out further than 60ish, after that it's now about maintaining/sustaining a high % of max velocity, or....decellerate the slowest. THAT....is not football speed.

Any sub 4.40 footballer could hang with the world class sprinters for that 40, then that 300m training would start to take over for sprinters vs footballers. Not that TONS of NFL weren't sprinters also.

No less than 19 Olympic sprinters have played pro football.

Stone Johnson Grambling/Chiefs
    Ollie Matson USF/Rams
    Henry Carr ASU/Giants
    Bob Hayes FAMU/Cowboys
    Frank Budd Villanova/Eagles
    Trenton Jackson Illinois/Eagles
    Ray Norton SJS/Niners
    Jim Hines TSU/Dolphins
    Tommie Smith SJS/Bengals
    Johnny Jones Texas/Jets
    Larry Burton Purdue/Saints
    Gerald Tinker Kent St/Falcons
    Ron Brown ASU/Rams
    Michael Bates Arizona/Seahawks
    Sam Graddy Tenn/Raiders
    Willie Gault Tenn/Bears
    James Jett WV/Raiders
    Jeff Demps Fla/Pats

Those at sub 10.10 which is Olympic speed.

Darrell Green, Trindon Holiday, Jacoby Ford, Alvis Whitted.

Right now in 2016 the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill, who as a HS kid ran a 20.14 200, the record was 2013. He is also a Big12 60 champ and the fastest man in the NFL today.

Last edited by Avante; 10-16-2016 at 11:28 AM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Well no, the NFL network disagrees with you. I disagree with you. The old fat even disagrees with you.

You're on your own on this one.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Wrong~

Anything sub 4.40 is FAST....ok rookie? Keep in mind this is football, ok?

Pay attention

Track sprinters train at 300m, and over distance, ok? The reason being they run the 100m, not the 40. The 100m is all about speed endurance, as you don't know nobody can run all out further than 60ish, after that it's now about maintaining/sustaining a high % of max velocity, or....decellerate the slowest. THAT....is not football speed.

Any sub 4.40 footballer could hang with the world class sprinters for that 40, then that 300m training would start to take over for sprinters vs footballers. Not that TONS of NFL weren't sprinters also.

No less than 19 Olympic sprinters have played pro football.

Stone Johnson Grambling/Chiefs
    Ollie Matson USF/Rams
    Henry Carr ASU/Giants
    Bob Hayes FAMU/Cowboys
    Frank Budd Villanova/Eagles
    Trenton Jackson Illinois/Eagles
    Ray Norton SJS/Niners
    Jim Hines TSU/Dolphins
    Tommie Smith SJS/Bengals
    Johnny Jones Texas/Jets
    Larry Burton Purdue/Saints
    Gerald Tinker Kent St/Falcons
    Ron Brown ASU/Rams
    Michael Bates Arizona/Seahawks
    Sam Graddy Tenn/Raiders
    Willie Gault Tenn/Bears
    James Jett WV/Raiders
    Jeff Demps Fla/Pats

Those at sub 10.10 which is Olympic speed.

Darrell Green, Trindon Holiday, Jacoby Ford, Alvis Whitted.

Right now in 2016 the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill, who as a HS kid ran a 20.14 200, the record was 2013. He is also a Big12 60 champ and the fastest man in the NFL today.

Didn't read any of that . Did he run a 4.1? If not, then he's not as fast as the video states.

My Team
    Houston Cougars
    Post Count
    Well no, the NFL network disagrees with you. I disagree with you. The old fat even disagrees with you.

You're on your own on this one.
    Your reading comprehension is as poor as your math skills. He's not as fast as the video states. Not even close, as it turns out.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Your reading comprehension is as poor as your math skills. He's not as fast as the video states. Not even close, as it turns out.
    Well no, your writing skills suck, tbh.

Didn't read any of that . Did he run a 4.1? If not, then he's not as fast as the video states.
    the video ya stupid , if ya knew anything dumbo you'd know what a sub4.4 tells us.

The only 4.1 was ran by who, yep.....DUH~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Information