In terms of surprises? Is that like say the jazz making it to the finals this year and winning it all. Ive been keeping watch of the standings the last 4 weeks because for some odd reason I am finding myself rooting for them. Looks like Tottenham is right on their heels though.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It would be like the Lakers winning 1 le within the next 10 years

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I would give you a comparison to the WNBA, but I don't watch the WNBA either, tbh

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    There's no comparison tbh. There's no team as good as GSW, SAS, or even OKC and CLE in the EPL.

Chelsea = Rockets
    Arsenal = Hawks
    Manchester United = Celtics
    City = Clippers

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    There's no comparison tbh. There's no team as good as GSW, SAS, or even OKC and CLE in the EPL.

Chelsea = Rockets
    Arsenal = Hawks
    Manchester United = Celtics
    City = Clippers

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I always thought United were more like the Lakers. Going through a rebuilding process, often changing managers, having a TOSB collecting checks (Rooney and Kirby), last won something more or less five years ago, the face of their respective leagues as much as we don't like them, bandwagoners galore, also easy to hate.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    I always thought United were more like the Lakers. Going through a rebuilding process, often changing managers, having a TOSB collecting checks (Rooney and Kirby), last won something more or less five years ago, the face of their respective leagues as much as we don't like them, bandwagoners galore, also easy to hate.
    I thought about Lakers but even Manure isn't that in the present day. Celtics are a historic club, will make Eastern Conference playoffs, but overall a non-factor tbh

Ok...so say lecistrr is an NBa team...who would they be? 15 Hawks?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    They would be like Tim Tebow back then on that Tebow mania season. that nobody expected to happen and that nobody can explain how it's happening.

My Team
    Valencia CF
    Post Count
    I don't think there's an NBA equivalent. They were in League One in 2009, then spent the next five years in Championship and then in 2014 were promoted to the Premier League,ultimately to be in position to win it in 2016?

That just doesn't happen in the big leagues in modern day football when you have teams with large payrolls.

It'll be like Wigan winning the PL in a couple of years

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    2004 Pistons

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Except the Pistons didnt have a clear cut MVP

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Except the Pistons didnt have a clear cut MVP
    You could make a case for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    You could make a case for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante
    Mahrez tbh , you can see the difference when he's not on the pitch; also leading the L in g+a total and is the only player with a double double
    Also, most goals on the road and most goals to points ratio (or something like that)

Kante's impact is very underrated, if he doesn't go...if he doesn't start in the next Euro, then Deschamps is a re tbh

Vardy I'm not convinced yet

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    @barcastuff

Official: Barcelona will play a pre-season friendly against Leicester City in Stockholm, Sweden, on Wednesday 3 August #fcblive

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Leicester*

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi*

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Coaching makes a lot of difference in football. When lacking in talent, the team has to park the bus in front of the goal and counter attack. Ranieri is great in that type of football, many Italian coaches do that well. With United, City and Chelsea currently struggling, the EPL is open to other teams.

My Team
    Wigan Athletic FC
    Post Count
    The City Clippers comparison is pretty accurate. Both went through absolute for a significant amount of time, with City even falling to the third division in 1999 (beat Wigan in the playoffs through a BS handball goal ). Now both are a world away from their relatively recent pasts.

It's difficult to make a comparison for Leicester simply because there's no promotion/relegation in major American sports leagues. We'll call them the Trail Blazers
    Last edited by Blizzardwizard; 03-27-2016 at 08:51 AM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    basically clinched the le

Even if they win 3, lose 3 of their last 6 (they've lost 3 all year), Tottenham would have to go undefeated (5 wins, 1 tie) to catch them.

Arsenal

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    basically clinched the le

Even if they win 3, lose 3 of their last 6 (they've lost 3 all year), Tottenham would have to go undefeated (5 wins, 1 tie) to catch them.

Arsenal
    https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/st...71205152014336

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Leicester has to play against Sunderland and Swansea. Teams facing relegation are the hardest.

Thread Information