Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Larga la pelota Banegas, la puta que te pario!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    A still prime Messi not in the WC would be a waste, ala no Zlatan in 14 WC.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Missi
    Sampalobby
    modern football
    Banegas
    Putin
    Russia
    FIFA ranking this team top 3
    the walking dead
    all a bunch of gots

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I have officially let go of Sampaoli's hand, tbh.

I like the high press, but that's about it. I hate the 3-4-2-1 system and I hate the pussy ass players he calls. Tonight we couldn't even just throw crosses to the box because he put a bunch of midgets on the pitch.

Btw, that change of players, 90% of the Argentinians asked for, was sure was the way to go. Tbh. Icardi Dybala

P/S: Calling Pastore in 2017 3 different coaches have already called him up and ended up not calling him anymore because he is a ing pussy.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    You gotta give the Icardis and Dybalas some time, if you gave Di Maria and Banegas 6+ years, tbh...

We wasted 30+ mins with Di Maria on the pitch... Acuña basically 20x the player he is right now...

Banegas needs to get Costa Rican nationality and go play there, tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Oh, and Benedetto????

Sampalobby more smoke and mirrors, tbh

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    There's no escaping this is Missi's team, tbh, a team he abandoned once already... if they don't make the World Cup it's going to be brutal on Leo...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    First Uruguay Victory at defensores del Chaco for qualifiers

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    First Uruguay Victory at defensores del Chaco for qualifiers

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    So we're heading to another epic Argentina-Perú at home like in 1970/1986/2010.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    So we're heading to another epic Argentina-Perú at home like in 1970/1986/2010.
    argentina really did this qualification group up tbh. just no excuses.
    even a coked obese up maradroga would've done better and we all know it.

Veteran
    Post Count
    I'd rather they not go at this point. It's tough to blame sampaoli given the cir stances, but his subs were terrible.

They actually had a decent amount of good chances this time, but the bottom line is this team doesn't know what it wants to do, struggles to create chances and is terrible at finishing them, Messi is a great player but he is part of the problem

Sidenote, how about best ever Chile possibly missing the wc? I joked about it in the confed cup thread but it's looking very possible after going 0/6 vs Paraguay and bolivia

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Armando Perez choosing Bau instead of RamGOD Diaz last year.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Armando Perez choosing Bau instead of RamGOD Diaz last year.
    This, tbh. We would be like Brazil right about now.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    You gotta give the Icardis and Dybalas some time, if you gave Di Maria and Banegas 6+ years, tbh...

We wasted 30+ mins with Di Maria on the pitch... Acuña basically 20x the player he is right now...

Banegas needs to get Costa Rican nationality and go play there, tbh
    Di María, Aguero and Higuaín at least made their presence felt the moment they got into the NT. Higuaín debuted in the exact same conditions than Dybala and Icardi did, and instead of doing this:

He did this:

"B...but they don't win the finals"

Well, at least they get there.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    So, nice little fact thrown on the Argie TV: Messi, Di María, Aguero and Higuaín played together only 5 games on these qualifiers. 4 wins and only 1 loss (vs Brazil in Brazil). Yeah, that was the problem.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Oh please, its not icardis fault. We are in the exact same position (tied 4th/5th, in 5th because of goal difference) before he was called up, he failed to capitalize on a couple chances last night but has barely touched the ball, what maybe 12-13 times over two games?

When will you admit that our attack is , both in terms of chances created and chances finished? Messi is our best player no question, but not even he can cover the pathetic Argentina attack. The only difference with before is that sabella's teams were better about avoiding mistakes. That said, all of sabella, higuain and Messi were there for our first ever loss to Venezuela; higuain was there for our first ever home loss to Paraguay. First ever loss to Chile, first home loss to Ecuador, first time we don't beat Venezuela at home are without higuain but with Messi, which just shows again the problem isn't who the 9 is but rather how the attack is set up. Paraguay and Venezuela have scored more goals than Argentina, only bolivia has less!

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Oh please, its not icardis fault. We are in the exact same position (tied 4th/5th, in 5th because of goal difference) before he was called up, he failed to capitalize on a couple chances last night but has barely touched the ball, what maybe 12-13 times over two games?

When will you admit that our attack is , both in terms of chances created and chances finished? Messi is our best player no question, but not even he can cover the pathetic Argentina attack. The only difference with before is that sabella's teams were better about avoiding mistakes. That said, all of sabella, higuain and Messi were there for our first ever loss to Venezuela; higuain was there for our first ever home loss to Paraguay. First ever loss to Chile, first home loss to Ecuador, first time we don't beat Venezuela at home are without higuain but with Messi, which just shows again the problem isn't who the 9 is but rather how the attack is set up. Paraguay and Venezuela have scored more goals than Argentina, only bolivia has less!
    Well duh! that was exactly the point I was making. I'm not blaming Icardi and Dybala, I'm just mocking the short sighted folks who said all the problems, including World hunger, would be solved by taking out Higuain, Aguero and Di María.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Di María, Aguero and Higuaín at least made their presence felt the moment they got into the NT. Higuaín debuted in the exact same conditions than Dybala and Icardi did, and instead of doing this:

He did this:

"B...but they don't win the finals"

Well, at least they get there.
    Fatguero was on the bench, but "modern football" subbed in Benedetto....

Again, it's easy to take it against the new guys that basically played a handful of games, but the reality is that guys like DiMentira, Masche, Biglia, Banegas have been around and are playing like ...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Fatguero was on the bench, but "modern football" subbed in Benedetto....

Again, it's easy to take it against the new guys that basically played a handful of games, but the reality is that guys like DiMentira, Masche, Biglia, Banegas have been around and are playing like ...
    you're onto something tbh son. from my pov I see argentina as a team with divided priorities ... the team lacks an iden y. So of course players, especially the older ones, play like because the strategy changes from game to game and there is no consistency. Now normally this situation would lead to a nice reset, where a generation of young players would be given the reigns, but with missi there this isn't an option because he wants to win now. So what is left is this bad situation, with no way out, where players see the writing on the wall and slowly stop giving a completely because the entire situation guarantees tactical/roster/long term inconsistency.

That's why all the talent rich euro countries have been shifting to the team above all model in the past 10 years, because they want quick resets from such bad situations, stars need to understand this or they are done.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Well duh! that was exactly the point I was making. I'm not blaming Icardi and Dybala, I'm just mocking the short sighted folks who said all the problems, including World hunger, would be solved by taking out Higuain, Aguero and Di María.
    Well you said we got to the Finals with them / won't with icardi / dybala and IMO that's not the point

When was the last time one of our forwards got a pass like the one from aimar to higuain in the clip you posted? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like it's been a long long time one of our forwards is through with space like that (not counting opponent mistakes like higuain in the Finals)

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    you're onto something tbh son. from my pov I see argentina as a team with divided priorities ... the team lacks an iden y. So of course players, especially the older ones, play like because the strategy changes from game to game and there is no consistency. Now normally this situation would lead to a nice reset, where a generation of young players would be given the reigns, but with missi there this isn't an option because he wants to win now. So what is left is this bad situation, with no way out, where players see the writing on the wall and slowly stop giving a completely because the entire situation guarantees tactical/roster/long term inconsistency.

That's why all the talent rich euro countries have been shifting to the team above all model in the past 10 years, because they want quick resets from such bad situations, stars need to understand this or they are done.
    It's stupid not to take advantage of Messi if he's on your team. The issue here is that his teammates are blinded by him. Last night, I counted 10 times when the winger Acosta just backed out waiting to pass to Messi instead of crossing the ball, which was the right play.

Take Brazil, they went from 'give the ball to Neymar and get out of the way' with Dunga, to a full team concept with e... Neymar is great, and he attracts a lot of attention, but everyone else is playing and also scoring. Argentina needs to get to that step.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Well you said we got to the Finals with them / won't with icardi / dybala and IMO that's not the point
    When did I say that?

When was the last time one of our forwards got a pass like the one from aimar to higuain in the clip you posted? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like it's been a long long time one of our forwards is through with space like that (not counting opponent mistakes like higuain in the Finals)
    Last night, when Mascherano left Icardi all alone.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    It's stupid not to take advantage of Messi if he's on your team. The issue here is that his teammates are blinded by him. Last night, I counted 10 times when the winger Acosta just backed out waiting to pass to Messi instead of crossing the ball, which was the right play.

Take Brazil, they went from 'give the ball to Neymar and get out of the way' with Dunga, to a full team concept with e... Neymar is great, and he attracts a lot of attention, but everyone else is playing and also scoring. Argentina needs to get to that step.
    brasil went that way because of the urgency in doing something with their NT after the WC fiasco. Argentina federations is just too corrupt and under too little pressure to do something about the NT tbh, they're taking the easy way of letting messi do whatever the he wants to do, retiring and coming back and emo like that tbh. If midget had a pair he'd say it loud and clear to his teammates and on tv, that he wants X as coach and Y/Z as starters. But he doesn't, because imo he likes being the center of it all ... just another aspect of football which shows you on field skills are not the be all end all. Other GOATs would put pressure on the situation (either back stage or publicly) tbh.

Messi is a scrub..

Also why does South America always play with the weakest confederation in the playoff? Australia or USA should be playing the 5th placed south american team....They should be playing either Asia (australia) or US ( CONCACAF)

Thread Information