Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Bauza could try playing without Messi, it worked for Portugal tbh.

Classic breakout game from youth or scrub against Uruguay... it's happened SO many times... will never forget when that blondie Racing (forgot his name) scored 2ice on us after coming from the U20...
    Messi?

My Team
    France
    Post Count

lol any European nation debating they have a classic with more history and tension than an Argentina - Uruguay

you must be true... we can feel the tension going on

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    Bauza could try playing without Messi, it worked for Portugal tbh.

Messi?
    No. It was a blonde **** originally from Rosario Central and/or River. He did end his career in Rosario Central...

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    you must be true... we can feel the tension going on
    Keep drinking Mate with Griezmann ...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    No. It was a blonde **** originally from Rosario Central and/or River. He did end his career in Rosario Central...
    The only blonde scrub I can remember scoring against Uruguay is Bolatti, but he didn't play in River nor Rosario Central.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    The only blonde scrub I can remember scoring against Uruguay is Bolatti, but he didn't play in River nor Rosario Central.
    Luciano Figueroa...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Luciano Figueroa...
    And why did you say Racing?

From what I see that scored two braces in 3 months against you (one for qualifiers and the other one in a Copa America).

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    And why did you say Racing?

From what I see that scored two braces in 3 months against you (one for qualifiers and the other one in a Copa America).
    Argie one hit wonder scrubs always end up feasting against us TBH

I said Racing because I couldn't remember... I even said River because of the blonde rich boy looks of his... he rang with Bosta?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Argie one hit wonder scrubs always end up feasting against us TBH

I said Racing because I couldn't remember... I even said River because of the blonde rich boy looks of his... he rang with Bosta?
    Yeah, he also scored 5 goals against them when he was a youngster in Central

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Kind of quiet in here... three days left for the oldest and TRUE classic in world futbol...

lol any European nation debating they have a classic with more history and tension than an Argentina - Uruguay

Some random data in preparation for the classic:

- Uruguay never got a single point in WC qualifiers while in ARG soil
    - Argentina leads the all time match ups in vitories
    - Uruguay has won (twice defeating the host nation) last two Copa America's hosted in Argentina while both times they had the best player in the world and one of them the same roster that rang in 86.

Argentina 3-1 with Messi ballin' TBH
    Only chance we get a point it's in a 0-0 bore unless some sort of extra motivational rubs Suarez the wrong way but he won't beast on God's turf TBH...

germany-italy
    france-italy
    germany-france
    these superclassicos started a thousand years before your continent was even discovered son. Instead of griezmann scoring with class it was grenzemann scoring with a decapitated head or a pig's upper in a game of free for all footbat played between cities or guilds.

for all you history lovers out there here is the very soul of English football:
    "Bruised muscles and broken bones
    Discordant strife and futile blows
    Lamed in old age, then cripled withal
    These are the beauties of football"
    - some toothless english hick.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

germany-italy
    france-italy
    germany-france
    these superclassicos started a thousand years before your continent was even discovered son.
    what?

Argentina Federation: Founded 1893
    Italian Federation: Founded 1898
    German Federation: Founded 1900
    Uruguay Federation: Founded 1900
    French Federation: Founded 1919

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Also Argentina and Uruguay are older than Germany and Italy tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    All I care about is that Messi will be playing, been watching almost all of his games nonstop for a few years now, even his national team games.

will also be watching that Dybala guy who everyone is going crazy for the first time

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    what?

but...but...everything euros do must be better, greater, tenser, smoother, older, etc.
    Last edited by DAF86; 08-31-2016 at 01:53 PM.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    but...but...everything euros do must be better, greater, tenser, smoother, older, etc.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count

germany-italy
    france-italy
    germany-france
    these superclassicos started a thousand years before your continent was even discovered son. Instead of griezmann scoring with class it was grenzemann scoring with a decapitated head or a pig's upper in a game of free for all footbat played between cities or guilds.

for all you history lovers out there here is the very soul of English football:
    "Bruised muscles and broken bones
    Discordant strife and futile blows
    Lamed in old age, then cripled withal
    These are the beauties of football"
    - some toothless english hick.
    Don't post again dude. Your only argument about Germany- Italy (the other ones dont deserve even to be mentioned) is the amount of rings of either...

At the beginning of the century as y'all were killing each other and flocking south to us we were already playing some of the most epic futbol battles in the world... you'll NEVER witness more closeted hatred or big daddy secret love affair among MANY other complexes in a soccer match that only a Uruguay - Argentina provide. Seen soccer in Europe... you have no idea what you're talking about if you've never seen a match in Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay (especially in Argentina)

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Don't post again dude. Your only argument about Germany- Italy (the other ones dont deserve even to be mentioned) is the amount of rings of either...

At the beginning of the century as y'all were killing each other and flocking south to us we were already playing some of the most epic futbol battles in the world... you'll NEVER witness more closeted hatred or big daddy secret love affair among MANY other complexes in a soccer match that only a Uruguay - Argentina provide. Seen soccer in Europe... you have no idea what you're talking about if you've never seen a match in Argentina, Brazil or Uruguay (especially in Argentina)
    son I was talking about a true rivalry and what a classic really is, two contenders playing at the highest level in world cup high stakes games, throughout years of history not 100 years ago. That's my definition of classic. I won't argue that uruguay-argentina isn't a great rivalry, i'm saying that from a football level standpoint you get more in terms of football with any germany-italy-france pair. Classic = highest quality, contested, history filled matches. You can't argue this tbh.

I can't say there is real hate between the NT teams on the pitch (except battiston level or highly political games like england-germany in '66 or soviet union-germany in the 60s) and up here we hate each other for millenia of wars, economic oppression, genocide .. you know, worth hating for ... football isn't really hate level here, more trolling than hating. If you want to talk about real hate not cheap south american bravado then serbia-croatia trumps anything you can imagine down there with people constantly getting killed at matches, matches played on empty stadions, genocide chants, minorities hiding during match time and uefa handing bans to both players and federations like candy. Both are wc-level teams too with plenty of talent.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    you sound butthurt tbh
    no son, it ain't always sunnier up here, ing raining right now.

Also Argentina and Uruguay are older than Germany and Italy tbh.
    what?
    high quality trolling sons, appreciate the skill

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    son I was talking about a true rivalry and what a classic really is, two contenders playing at the highest level in world cup high stakes games, throughout years of history not 100 years ago. That's my definition of classic. I won't argue that uruguay-argentina isn't a great rivalry, i'm saying that from a football level standpoint you get more in terms of football with any germany-italy-france pair. Classic = highest quality, contested, history filled matches. You can't argue this tbh.

I can't say there is real hate between the NT teams on the pitch (except battiston level or highly political games like england-germany in '66 or soviet union-germany in the 60s) and up here we hate each other for millenia of wars, economic oppression, genocide .. you know, worth hating for ... football isn't really hate level here, more trolling than hating. If you want to talk about real hate not cheap south american bravado then serbia-croatia trumps anything you can imagine down there with people constantly getting killed at matches, matches played on empty stadions, genocide chants, minorities hiding during match time and uefa handing bans to both players and federations like candy. Both are wc-level teams too with plenty of talent.
    all good and yeah, have seen some videos from Croatia- Serbia which are very VERY bad I agree with your post.

now on to the Futbol facts that we could use to determine rivalry and sorry, France has the one WC and some Euros so they don't qualify to this consideration...

How Many WC Finals have Italy - Germany played? 0
    How Many WC Finals have Argentina - Uruguay played? 1
    How Many Eurocup Finals have Italy - Germany Played? 0
    How Many Copa America Finals have Argentina - Uruguay played? 10
    How Many times have either team won a Eurocup/Copa America in the other country's turf? (I don't want to bring 06 into this because I can't even imagine the pain if Italy is indeed your classic rival) Uruguay (2) on Argentina

So now tell me again how an Italy- Germany is a bigger classic than Argentina - Uruguay?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    high quality trolling sons, appreciate the skill
    Just showing the facts fwiw.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    all good and yeah, have seen some videos from Croatia- Serbia which are very VERY bad I agree with your post.

now on to the Futbol facts that we could use to determine rivalry and sorry, France has the one WC and some Euros so they don't qualify to this consideration...

How Many times have either team won a Eurocup/Copa America in the other country's turf? (I don't want to bring 06 into this because I can't even imagine the pain if Italy is indeed your classic rival) Uruguay (2) on Argentina

So now tell me again how an Italy- Germany is a bigger classic than Argentina - Uruguay?
    smh

Before finals there are a lot of decisive games... if you take France - Germany, the two games people are talking about is 82, one of the greatest WC game ever... Germany coming back from 2 goals down in extra time, first game going to penalty and the Batiston incident.. crazy. Then you have 86, France just won the Euro, Platini in his prime, we defeated Italy and Brazil of Socrates, Germany was in Semi Finals after defeating Morocco and Mexico with a very pedestrian team and yet they defeated us 2/0... beginning of a long inferiority complex... A whole generation hated Germany after 82.... If you consider the numbers of wars, the Millions of French killed by German and Millions of German killed by French... (still remember my grand father (ww2 veteran) crying in front of its TV when Germany had been invited to parade in Paris in Champs Elysee for the July 14th in 94) it is quite incredible to see the friendship and cooperation between those two countries.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Then Argentina v Brazil is the daddy of all. Either way, you lose.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    then again saying Arg / Uru greatest classico is kind of dumb... A classico per definition matters for those who are involved like a PSG / Marseille or a Bastia / Ajaccio (crazy one btw) but rarely others give two about...

Few are the classico interesting most of people worlwide and Arg / Uru is not one of those.. nobody gives a outside those two countries... Nowadays you have the: Brazil / Argentina, Real / Barça, Germany / Italy, River / Boca and maybe a few others but thats about it. So yeah maybe 100 years ago it mattered, today... not

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    then again saying Arg / Uru greatest classico is kind of dumb... A classico per definition matters for those who are involved like a PSG / Marseille or a Bastia / Ajaccio (crazy one btw) but rarely others give two about...

Few are the classico interesting most of people worlwide and Arg / Uru is not one of those.. nobody gives a outside those two countries... Nowadays you have the: Brazil / Argentina, Real / Barça, Germany / Italy, River / Boca and maybe a few others but thats about it. So yeah maybe 100 years ago it mattered, today... not
    it hurts doesn't it? Not knowing enough about soccer to understand the most historic rivalry EVER even before Europe became relevant on the sport they created, even before Brazil was any good at it. Cry my a ing river. Check the facts I already showed you, France has no place in the teams that may have something to say about true NT team classics but don't feel bad, neither does Spain.

My Team
    Uruguay
    Post Count
    When it's all said and done:

Thread Information