My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those real hoops teams would get obliterated today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those real hoops teams would get obliterated today
    While you might envision celebrating a win by having tofu and flavored water with the Moderns at a safe space near Kevin Durants, i can assure you Bird, McHale, Timmy Duncan etc and i would be throwing beers and shots after the modern gots got run 4-0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird wouldn’t even last one quarter if he played today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokić is a slower bird and he is dominating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokić is a slower bird and he is dominating.
    He is in much better shape than Bird has ever been
    He is also taller and stronger

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I'm sure Mo Malone and Robert Parish would cower when Donkey tried one of his nutt kicks.

The ambulance people would be scraping pieces of Donkey off the pavement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes blame injuries & the officiating.
    The refs hosed the Pistons in game 7 with that BS call in the closing moments. The injury bug hosed the Lakers against the Pistons the following year.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The refs hosed the Pistons in game 7 with that BS call in the closing moments. The injury bug hosed the Lakers against the Pistons the following year.
    I don't blame officiating, injuries, scheduling, any of it. Ever. It's my religion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is in much better shape than Bird has ever been
    He is also taller and stronger
    Taller and stronger, yes. In better shape? No way. Bird played heavy minutes every game and jokic gets gassed after 30+ mins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taller and stronger, yes. In better shape? No way. Bird played heavy minutes every game and jokic gets gassed after 30+ mins.
    Bird was reckless and KC Jones never developed a bench so he overplayed his stars; all that led to Bird having a short prime/career

Jokic will have a longer career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird was reckless and KC Jones never developed a bench so he overplayed his stars; all that led to Bird having a short prime/career

Jokic will have a longer career
    Not arguing with that. Bird was stupid the way he played and just wrecked his body. He'd be the unquestioned GOAT if he had 3 more years of his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never been on the receiving end of bad / rigged officiating thus parrots out the false bravado.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not arguing with that. Bird was stupid the way he played and just wrecked his body. He'd be the unquestioned GOAT if he had 3 more years of his prime.
    Rumors of Birds off court actions derailing his play 500Xs more then his on court wrecking ball.
    85 purported bar room argument with some Laker got and broke his hand over a glass. Birds shooting obviously wayy off.
    Working on his driveway doing cement work summer of 86 seriously jacked his back.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Where do these All Time Legit Champions place?
    How would they do vs each other?

Occasionally the NBA forum needs some legit Championship talk. You Laker posters can take a break and talk about hosiery on sale or some other Lakerworthy subject.
    Legit? Here's where I got these two teams all-time:

1) 1987 Lakers
    2) 2001 Lakers
    3) 2017 Dubs
    4) 2018 Dubs
    5) 1996 Bulls
    6) 2014 Spurs
    7) 1986 Celtics

I'm biased of course, but my '87 Lakers were LOADED. I'd take them in a 7-game series vs any team.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bird wouldn’t even last one quarter if he played today
    Bird is Kyle Korver with a green light in today's NBA

The athletes of today are better trained and more skilled, collectively than the players in the 80s. Better offensive and defensive schemes as well vs the antiquated stuff they ran back then.

I think Jordan would thrive in today's NBA, but wouldn't annihilate players athletically like he did back then. Many of today's NBA "scrubs" would do well in the 80s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The athletes of today are better trained and more skilled, collectively than the players in the 80s. Better offensive and defensive schemes as well vs the antiquated stuff they ran back then.

I think Jordan would thrive in today's NBA, but wouldn't annihilate players athletically like he did back then. Many of today's NBA "scrubs" would do well in the 80s.
    yeah people look at scoreboards and assume defenses were better in the 90s; that's not how it works.......
    They even say defense was better in the 80s even though you had games that would end up 150-149 in regulation and without the 3 pt shooting we have today, but it was still more defensive...lol moving goal posts
    "Better fudamuntals back in the days" watch the 84 Finals, defenses literally leaving DJ and Magic wide open at the FT line , and both Johnsons forcing entry passes to the post with their defenders sagging off to the big men, almost forcing interceptions, instead of shooting.

Also :

https://twitter.com/TonyCMKE/status/...bBjoek0QBctwHg
    Last edited by lefty; 04-20-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumors of Birds off court actions derailing his play 500Xs more then his on court wrecking ball.
    85 purported bar room argument with some Laker got and broke his hand over a glass. Birds shooting obviously wayy off.
    Working on his driveway doing cement work summer of 86 seriously jacked his back.
    Was actually 83 when he hurt his back. Hard to imagine how he could have three MVP seasons in a row following that injury, Bird was a madman who didn't give a .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like in the Showtime book when Michael Cooper thought that and Bird lit him the up in their first meeting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like in the Showtime book when Michael Cooper thought that and Bird lit him the up in their first meeting.
    What was Coop thinking
    The Lakers player who actually bothered Bird the most on the defensive was Worthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was actually 83 when he hurt his back. Hard to imagine how he could have three MVP seasons in a row following that injury, Bird was a madman who didn't give a .
    During the 1985 NBA season, Larry sustained an injury to his back while shoveling crushed rock to create a driveway at his mother’s house.

Larry Bird [2022 Update]: Wife, Career, Net worth & Family (playersbio.com)

The beginning of the end arrived in 1985 when Bird headed back to French Lick, Indiana. His mother’s home needed a new driveway, and, for all his fame and fortune, Larry Legend wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty.

Larry Bird Ruined His $24 Million Career by Building a Driveway for His Mother: 'I Was Wondering if I Was Gonna Be in a Wheelchair' (sportscasting.com)

Thread Information