My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Report: Intel May Dump Nvidia, Turn To AMD For Radeon Graphics Licensing

Intel could dump Nvidia for a licensing deal with AMD as the chip giant tries to prop up its patent portfolio. Currently, Intel is under a $1.5 billion licensing agreement with Nvidia, which the two companies signed in 2011. At the time, the two companies had spent years fighting each other in courts over patent licensing, and the agreement put all that litigation to rest. Intel's Nvidia deal is set to expire on March 17, 2017, and a recent report by Bloomberg claimed that Intel is now looking to cut a deal with AMD instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting at a couple of levels... with AMD kinda struggling, makes sense for Intel to prop them up financially, otherwise they'll raise anti-trust issues on the x86 market... then again, AMD can't pull another Bulldozer...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Faildozer, worst cpus since Pentium 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe intel can come up with a chip that has integrated graphics as powerful as a gtx 960 ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe intel can come up with a chip that has integrated graphics as powerful as a gtx 960 ?
    They're a long way from there. Iris Pro 6200 on the Broadwell desktop chips is the best they have, and it's on par with about a GTX 460, which is enormously weaker than the GTX 960.

Thread Information