San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-4
    Weight: 185 lbs
    Birthday: 11/26/1996
    School: Florida State

DraftExpress
    nbadraft
    Last edited by Chinook; 06-13-2016 at 12:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's currently being mocked to the Spurs at 29. Didn't see much I didn't like about this kid. Dude his a good offensive player with athleticism and intangibles. If he can become a plus defender, he seems like a great guy to put between Anderson and Mills. He has some things he needs to work on, especially when it comes to play-making. But as a guy who sits on the bench or plays in Austin for a season, he seems like a great choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just looking through some mock drafts and I really like this guy. Good shooter, good athlete, can run on the break. He has the frame and athletic ability to be a decent defender. If he can get that down I really like him at the end of the first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like this kids game. Based off everything I've seen I don't understand how they have him falling to the Spurs.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Consensus Ver 5.0
    By Basketball Insiders on June 8, 2016

1 of 4 Joel Brigham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like he's going to be like Rashad Vaughn in that he's going to be mocked in the late 20s but go about 10 picks earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like he's going to be like Rashad Vaughn in that he's going to be mocked in the late 20s but go about 10 picks earlier.
    Didn't they only draft him because of some agent connection? Bobby Portis would have fit their team so much better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beasley is scoring at a historically efficient rate uncommon among players his age in the ACC (stats from the DraftExpress Database):

• Since 1992, only two ACC guards have averaged more than 17 points per game while posting a true shooting percentage over 60 percent: Kyrie Irving (11 games played) and Malik Beasley.

• Since 2000, only nine ACC guards under the age of 20 have averaged more 17 points per game. Of those nine, only three shot over 50 percent from 2-point range and 40 percent from 3-point range: Irving, Beasley and Rashad McCants.

• Beasley is the only freshman guard in the country scoring more than 20 points per 40 minutes while shooting over 55 percent from 2-point range and 40 percent from 3-point range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My NBA Draft: 2016 NBA Mock Draft
    2016 mock draft updated on June 7th.

Malik Beasley
    Ht/Wt: 6' 5"/196 lbs
    Position: SG
    Team: Florida St.
    Class: Freshman

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would get rid of Green for this guy. The Spurs really needed a slasher at the 2. Danny is too predictable on offense, but I am quite sure his D will be missed. That being said, the scoring droughts were ridiculous because Green was a non factor on offense. This guy might remedy that. It is worth getting him because the defense can get stops, but if you can't score, you can't come back from being down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would get rid of Green for this guy. The Spurs really needed a slasher at the 2. Danny is too predictable on offense, but I am quite sure his D will be missed. That being said, the scoring droughts were ridiculous because Green was a non factor on offense. This guy might remedy that. It is worth getting him because the defense can get stops, but if you can't score, you can't come back from being down.
    Are you crazy??? You need to add guys like this to the bench in addition to having guys like Green. Despite the "droughts" Spurs won 67 games. 67. It didn't really hurt SA that much. They lost in the playoffs to a really talented team and a few bounces had them beating that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you crazy??? You need to add guys like this to the bench in addition to having guys like Green. Despite the "droughts" Spurs won 67 games. 67. It didn't really hurt SA that much. They lost in the playoffs to a really talented team and a few bounces had them beating that team.
    I am throwing the record out the window man. You should do the same. This team will not be the same next year. If you can replace Green with a kid who is efficient, you do it. You can't run pnr with Danny either nor can he do anything when his defender is switched. You can hide players on him too. There is just too much to gain. Plus his shot is streaky lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I"m good

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net @nbadraftnet

Another medical red flag is Malik Beasley's rod in leg. Not sure how far it drops him. But it could.
    7h

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this guy but No way i take beasley or another rookie by trading Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can ______________, you do it. .
    This is literally my least favorite type of sentence. People use it to try to support silly ideas all the time. This is no exception. Love Beasley. He and Bembry are my top two choices for 29. But damn if the team trading their third-best player for a rookie makes any sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmm. I hadn't looked at this kid bc I thought he was out of our range. After reading the comments here, he still likely is. Just too young, efficient and talented to slip to 29. If he does, I'd love him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida State’s Malik Beasley was also a name that’s been mentioned since the Combine as having medical concerns. His name has come up a few times, and he had surgery at the end of FSU’s season for a stress fracture in his right leg. Because of this, he isn’t participating in workouts (although our Alex Kennedy reported that he may be shutting down his workouts due to a promise).
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...n-his-way-out/ hmmm he has a promise maybe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am throwing the record out the window man. You should do the same. This team will not be the same next year. If you can replace Green with a kid who is efficient, you do it. You can't run pnr with Danny either nor can he do anything when his defender is switched. You can hide players on him too. There is just too much to gain. Plus his shot is streaky lately.
    I agree. Danny Green may be the only 2 guard in the NBA that can't take advantage of a big when switched on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My hope would be to land Beasley or McCaw. I'm not sure SA will have a shot at Beasley unless they move up some, but he's my stretch hope for now. I would be very happy with McCaw as well but not sure if even he is realistic at 29.

The bench needs youth, athleticism and scoring and Beasley can score. McCaw can at least shoot the 3 (seemingly) already as well. If they just have potential on defense with some good scoring already, I'm in which is why I like those two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had no idea about this steel rod in his Tibia. Is this like Willie Anderson? His career was over as soon as that surgery(ies) took place. This kid seems confident though, even saying he wants his nickname to be Iron Man. Anyone know the success rate on these procedures? I haven't heard of too many of these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is literally my least favorite type of sentence. People use it to try to support silly ideas all the time. This is no exception. Love Beasley. He and Bembry are my top two choices for 29. But damn if the team trading their third-best player for a rookie makes any sense.
    If Green is the third best player, then the Spurs are in some serious trouble. I love Green and his defense, but his offense is atrocious, predictable and easily defended. He can't take advantage of switches nor operate in the pick and roll as he is a 1 trick pony offensively. He can only make his presence felt on the defensive side of the ball now. His bread and butter 3 ball isn't going to be as easy as it was going forward (and as we saw last season). Green needs to develop a bit of a slashing game, but at this point in his career, I doubt he will.

The best I have seen Green play was in the 2014 finals. He was slashing and actually finishing for once throwing the defense off balance. I was under the impression that he might be able to continue that trend. I haven't seen any effective reason to think that he can EVER duplicate those abilities. In short, it was a fluke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't green shoot 50% from 3 this playoff?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports Illustrated: 2016 NBA Big Board 4.0: Final ranking of top 60 draft prospects
    Jeremy Woo
    Posted: Tue Jun. 21, 2016

Note, a Big Board not a Mock

Malik Beasley, Florida State

6'5", 190 | guard | Fr.

LAST BIG BOARD: 35

An athletic slasher with a nose for the basket, Beasley demonstrated the ability to score at all three levels in his one season at FSU, and improved as the year went on. He can shoot it, has a great frame and brings notably strong intangibles in terms of makeup and compe iveness. He has a metal rod in his leg after a stress fracture injury that will concern teams.

Thread Information