San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future Centerpiece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Future Centerpiece.
    He's a different player compared to the original Centerpiece. Brogdon actually won Defensive Player of the Year accolades, has effectively guarded quick guys like Cat Barber to long ones like Brandon Ingram, and his playmaking mirrors that of Andre Miller (see http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/side...ay-1-takeaways).

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigThreeSports: NBA Mock Draft and Big Board 1.0
    June 1, 2016

29 Spurs Malcolm Brogden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Analyzing Riskiest Prospects and 1st-Round Predictions
    By Rob Goldberg , Featured Columnist Jun 9, 2016

29 San Antonio Spurs Malcolm Brogdon SF Virginia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan. He lacks speed and athleticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan. He lacks speed and athleticism.
    I hope all the other teams think the same way despite Brogdon recording the fastest shuttle run time and a 35.5" max vert in the NBA Draft Combine.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't all the vert numbers too suspect to take seriously after the shenanigans with the standing reach measurements?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ceiling is centerpiece Keith Bogans or Udoka.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogdon’s ‘Spur’ game

Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon is smart enough not to dismiss a pro projection of him fitting the Spurs or not take the chance to embrace where he was working out Friday.

“They play a great brand a basketball,” Brogdon said of the Spurs. “I think that’s definitely a compliment. I’d like to be a Suns or Spur. Whoever will give me an opportunity, I’d love to play for them.

There is a reason Brogdon has such a mature, refined approach. He turned 23 in December on the way to becoming Virginia’s first ACC Player of the Year since Ralph Sampson in 1983.

At 6-6 and 223 pounds, Brogdon averaged 18.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 3.1 assists while improving his 3-point shooting to 39.1 percent this year. Since the season, he has worked on having a higher release point for his jump shot.

“In these workouts, I’m focusing on being compe ive and being the most compe ive on the floor and playing defense,” Brogdon said after Friday's draft workout in Phoenix. “I think that’s my calling card.”

Defense and shooting worked well for former Virginia teammate Justin Anderson, last year's No. 21 draft pick who played well at the end of last season for Dallas. Brogdon, also a sturdy off-guard, can defend either backcourt spot with nimble movement that he showed with the fastest shuttle run time at the NBA draft combine.

“Brogdon’s defense is pretty impressive,” Suns general manager Ryan McDonough said. “He moves his feet well. He’s really strong. He’s got good length. I think most importantly he’s got the defensive mentality where he doesn’t want to let his guys score. I mean one-on-one, he’s tough. He gets up into the ball-handler, using his hands and length. He contends every shot.”

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...raft/85060858/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chat Sports: 2016 NBA Mock Draft - Version 5.0
    By Brian Rauf June 23, 2016

Last sentence added in quote.

29) San Antonio Spurs - Malcolm Brogdon, Sr., SG, Virginia Cavaliers
    6'5", 215 lbs - 18.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.1 apg

Brogdon is the most Spurs-like prospect since Kawhi Leonard. That's not to say Brogdon has that kind of potential, but his elite basketball IQ and defensive ability, combined with an expansive offensive skill set, make him the perfect fit in San Antonio. The Spurs also need backcourt help with Tony Parker aging and Danny Green coming off a bad season, and Brogdon would provide them with immediate depth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congratulations on winning the Rookie of the Year award, Malcolm. I hope you'll remain a Spurs fan despite PATFO not wanting you.
    Last edited by Snaq O'Meal; 06-27-2017 at 05:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted Brogdon, but I prefer Murray at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditto, wanna see what we get from Murray at this point.

And I'm a UVA guy.

Thread Information