Date of Birth: 11/28/1996
    Team: Denain

DraftExpress

NBADraft.net

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched some film on him very interesting. With Manu leaving I think the need for a SG is high and though no one will ever replace Manu I like what this kid could bring. He can shoot, dribble, and play defense. Also has the ability to be the second ball handler something we desperately need when Manu hangs it up.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports by Blayze by Jonathan Carrano, 19 April 2016

29 San Antonio Spurs
    You know the Spurs were going to get in on the Euro party. It might be a bit of a stretch to put Isaia Cordinier in the first round, but he can shoot, pass the ball and play both guard positions. That could intrigue San Antonio, who needs a young guard in their European farm system. He could eventually carve out a role as a backup combo guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems when we pick in late rounds we always get players who would be considered mid second round picks like Cory Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops Habit by Maxwell Ogden, 22 hour ago (AKA 1 May 2016)

29. San Antonio Spurs
    It may seem as though he’ll play forever, but San Antonio Spurs legend Manu Ginobili is 38 years old. Whether he retires after the 2015-16 season or keeps going, the Spurs must find a player who can replace Ginobili’s contributions, to some extent or another.

French shooting guard Isaia Cordinier is a desirable player to develop in such a capacity.

Cordinier, who has played quite well for French club Denain-Voltaire, is a 6’5″ off-guard with a solid 6’8″ wingspan and a lethal jump shot. He need to cut down on turnovers, but is a capable facilitator, a la Ginobili, and moves well without the ball in his hands.

Bringing Cordinier to a system-based NBA team that includes fellow Frenchmen Boris Diaw and Tony Parker would conceivably make his transition to the next level smoother.

Cordinier is an explosive athlete who can play above the rim and runs the floor well in transition. He’s something of a straight-line finisher right now, but he’s shown the ability to turn the corner, which bodes well for him once he tightens his handles.

The Spurs are always the safe bet for an international prospect, and Cordinier is one of the most intriguing players in this class.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like him more than other sg prospects projected near our slot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoops Habit by Maxwell Ogden, 5 hours ago (AKA 18 May 2016)
    with a new quote

29ISAIA CORDINIER Shooting Guard, Denain
    Height, Weight, Wingspan: 6’4.75″, 177 pounds, 6’8″
    Slash Line: .463/.404/.779
    Season Averages: 23.4 MPG, 10.8 PPG, 3.6 RPG, 0.7 ORPG, 2.0 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.3 3PM

The San Antonio Spurs could be faced with the retirement of all-time legend Tim Duncan. San Antonio must also brace itself for Manu Ginobili’s potential departure, which could be the trickier void to fill.

Thus, it’s an option to take a center, San Antonio wagers its future at No. 29 on shooting guard Isaia Cordinier.

Cordinier is a 6’5″ shooting guard with a 6’8″ wingspan and above-the-rim athleticism. He’s quite thin for an off-guard, but won’t turn 20 until November, and would be entering a situation in San Antonio where his development would be progressive.

From a skills perspective, Cordinier could potentially step into Ginobili’s role within the offense.

Cordinier is an excellent shooter with legitimate 3-point range. He’s also a willing and capable passer who isn’t quite on Ginobili’s level as a facilitator—then again, not many are—but can help the offensive flow.

Cordinier needs time to develop, but he has the foundation for success in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft 2016: Mock Draft and Teams That Could Make Surprising Selections
    By Mike Chiari , Featured Columnist Jun 6, 2016

29 San Antonio Spurs Isaia Cordinier, G, France

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    French wing Isaia Cordinier will stay in the draft. Wants to play in the NBA next year. Likely drafted in the 30-45 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another shooting guard I would really like. Everything seems to be there for the spurs to develop into a star or at least a key contributor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he might be the pick. He strikes me as a Spur and in theory could fill some long term needs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he might be the pick. He strikes me as a Spur and in theory could fill some long term needs.
    the bed in the Hoop Summit -- couldn't create -- avg. tools. Needs a lot of work.

Thread Information