Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blair lost weight too. So did Sullinger.

For every Haslem there's probably 10 guys who lost the weight for a year and then blew up again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want swainigan

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: NBA Draft 2017: Mock Draft Projections for 1st-Round Players Who Will Be Steals
    Chris Roling
    May 31, 2017

Still 29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Caleb Swanigan to the Spurs Makes too Much Sense

If Biggie goes to San Antonio, he could have a long career for a stable franchise.

http://www.hammerandrails.com/2017/6...too-much-sense

He isn’t the fastest.

He isn’t the tallest.

He isn’t the best prospect.

But, there is not 30 or more players in this draft that are better than Caleb Swanigan. He is under 6’8” without shoes, his vertical isn’t great, he isn’t going to outrun you and he may struggle to defend.

Productivity, that doesn’t lie though.

Things that Caleb will do? He will out hustle you, out position you, out rebound you, play more aggressive than you and he will produce better than you. Caleb has worked too hard to not get what he wants. Productivity doesn’t lie and he has produced.

Caleb Swanigan to the San Antonio Spurs makes too much sense.

They aren’t pretty, like the Warriors, but nor is Caleb. They are a system team, always have been under Coach Pop, Caleb was a system guy with Coach Painter, it worked out well. They aren’t the best athletes in the league, but nor is Caleb. In a time where everyone is wanting to shoot more threes, the Spurs still rely on a solid transition game, mid-range and being just smarter than you. Guess what, Caleb is smarter than most prospects in this draft too, his basketball IQ is phenomenal.

The Spurs are losing quite a bit. Some say they may need to draft a point guard as Tony Parker tore his groin up. I think they may get Chris Paul, he is tired of losing in the playoffs, Pop can get him to the finals. Pau Gasol is a dinosaur now, price tag is too much, I think at his age, Caleb could probably out play him. Pau wasn’t all that great this year with them, happy trails Pau. Manu may retire, so maybe shooting guard will be a pressing need, not so fast, there are plenty of shooters that will be free agents at the 2 guard spot. DeWayne Dedmon? He had a surprisingly good year for them, hes a free agent and will want more money, he won’t be back.

Free Agency at the Power Forward position, outside of Blake Griffin, isn’t that great. Aldridge and Biggie could play together and thrive. Both solid rebounders, both can stretch the floor in this day and age where big men have to be able to stretch it to at least 18 feet. Caleb will out hustle faster players and he will out work bigger players, that is his mentality.

There will be about 20 other teams kicking themselves in the butt in 5 years. He has made a living proving people wrong, he will do it once again. Best of luck Biggie.

With the 29th pick in the NBA Draft, the San Antonio Spurs select, Caleb Swanigan, Forward, Purdue University. Wouldn’t that be sweet to hear?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swanigan would be anti-LMA and Gasol. If you put a guard on him he will absolutely punish 'em in the low post. Based on a recent interview after a workout with Raptors he looks to have slimmed down even more. His hustle can't be taught. Despite his suspect defense he may be worth the risk given his offensive upside. I would love to see the Spurs trade to get another late first or early second rounder in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Land of 10: 2017 NBA mock draft: Projecting the first two rounds of 2017 NBA Draft (06/05/2017)
    Steven Petrella

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FOX Sports: 2017 NBA mock draft 4.0: Could the Lakers really pass on Lonzo Ball?
    Andrew Lynch
    Jun 14, 2017 at 8:40a ET

San Antonio Spurs: Caleb Swanigan, PF/C, Purdue (sop re)

Per-game averages: 18.5 points, 12.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 0.8 blocks, 52.7 FG%, 44.7 3P%, 2.4 3PA, 78.1 FT%

Height: 6'9"; Weight: 247 lbs; Age: 20 (April 18, 1997)

Swanigan is going in the early to mid second round in most mocks — and we all know the Spurs strike when you least expect it.

The Big Ten Player of the Year is a rebounding maestro (and a ridiculously skilled passer for his size) who matured into a solid leader over two seasons at Purdue. He'll be a solid pro — especially if Gregg Popovich lands him.

Thread Information