Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...cture-Planning

The Golden State Warriors could break the all-time regular season wins record as they work to defend their le.
    Joe Lacob believes the Warriors' results are a product of their master plan.
    “The great, great venture capitalists who built company after company, that’s not an accident,” he said. “And none of this is an accident, either.”
    Lacob believes the Warriors are playing in a more sophisticated way than the rest of the NBA.
    “We’ve crushed them on the basketball court, and we’re going to for years because of the way we’ve built this team,” he said. But what really set the franchise apart, he said, was the way it operated as a business. “We’re light-years ahead of probably every other team in structure, in planning, in how we’re going to go about things,” he said. “We’re going to be a handful for the rest of the NBA to deal with for a long time.”
    Lacob bought the Warriors in 2010 and used his experience in the world of venture capital to create the structure of the franchise.
    “In venture capital, I started 70 companies,” he told me. “I also watched my partners’ deals, maybe 200 of them. That’s a lot of companies. I thought about the way we design a board of directors, the way we design the financing. There’s an architecture to it. And I started thinking about the architecture I would use when I owned and built my own team someday.”
    It certainly helps to have a player of the caliber of Stephen Curry, but Lacob sees the success of one of the league's most transcendent players as part of the entire infrastructure.
    “It’s not just Steph Curry,” said Lacob. “It’s architecting a team, a style of play, the way they all play together. It’s all extremely thought through.”

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    It's funny because it's true

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has always come across to me as nutty especially when he cursed out the Warriors at halftime of the Lakers game that they eventually lost. He's delusional he probably believes the Warriors are going to go on some Russell Celtics type of run. Whenever the Warriors are dethroned this guy will have a meltdown of epic proportions. Warriors are going to be great train wreck material once they go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy has always come across to me as nutty especially when he cursed out the Warriors at halftime of the Lakers game that they eventually lost. He's delusional he probably believes the Warriors are going to go on some Russell Celtics type of run. Whenever the Warriors are dethroned this guy will have a meltdown of epic proportions. Warriors are going to be great train wreck material once they go down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because in the end he's going to end up looking stupid.The ceiling of this team is possibly 3 les but he's probably expected 9 or 10. This guy will blow a gasket once the Warriors are dethroned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors are light years ahead of the other teams in gotry, tbh.

Bear Hug Defense
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Warriors are light years ahead of the other teams in gotry, tbh.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another person thinking that a combination of skill and luck is instead all skill. I bet Lacob is a terrible poker player.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I remember articles like this about Krause and Reinsdorf back in the Bulls heyday. They're winning because Stephen Curry is the greatest shooter in league history and because they have put some nice athletes around him. Joe Lacob acting like he's the one out there chasing 73 wins is pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerry Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wcf wins is only going to be sweeter...

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Hes stating the obvious

The only comparable franchise is the Spurs but they had to tank to get their franchise player who was an obvious #1 pick out of college

In terms of starting from scratch, the Dubs are unmatched

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @RD2191 said it best: who these gots think they are, tbh? Spurs have been doing it for 20 years and these gots are talking smack after a cakewalk run to le...

I have mentioned in another thread, i would have no problem losing in the Finals just to see us humble these ers in wcf..
    Last edited by spursistan; 03-30-2016 at 11:08 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

In terms of starting from scratch, the Dubs are unmatched
    How is it from "scratch" when Iggy is the Finals MVP & Bogut is the starting center? (OKC would be a MUCH better example)

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    How is it from "scratch" when Iggy is the Finals MVP?
    Because Joe Lacob directly recruited and wanted Iggy

His talent was rotting away in Denver where they werent utilizing him properly

This franchise sees things that others dont

Players like Barbosa and Speights and Livingston appeared to be finished in the eyes of the other NBA franchises

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Because Joe Lacob directly recruited and wanted Iggy
    So, the 2008-12 Celtics were built from scratch?

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    So, the 2008-12 Celtics were built from scratch?
    lmao youre comparing a team with 3 free agents as their core to a team that has a foundation of drafted players(Steph, Klay and Dray) and had the vision to surround them with established free agents??

yes thats clearly starting from scratch

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lmao youre comparing a team with 3 free agents as their core to a team that has a foundation of drafted players(Steph, Klay and Dray) and had the vision to surround them with established free agents??

yes thats clearly starting from scratch
    So, the current Spurs would be considering "built from scratch" if say LMA wins Finals MVP aka "built not bought"?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LOL I remember articles like this about Krause and Reinsdorf back in the Bulls heyday. They're winning because Stephen Curry is the greatest shooter in league history and because they have put some nice athletes around him. Joe Lacob acting like he's the one out there chasing 73 wins is pathetic.
    Mitch/Jim were crowned the "best in the league" in the late 2000s after the Pau trade all the way through the Dwight trade then look what happened when MVPau fell off (reverted back to the post-Shaq/pre-Pau era).

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    fwiw Lacob is a gigantic ass-hole, anyone in the VC space knows this

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    fwiw Lacob is a gigantic ass-hole, anyone in the VC space knows this
    You probably think he's an asshole because he hired the first openly sexual president in pro sports

Typical Texan Spurs or Mavs fan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come back and talk to us in say....... 15yrs. Dont blow your man batter after only 2yrs of success. LOL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come back and talk to us in say....... 15yrs. Dont blow your man batter after only 2yrs of success. LOL
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wcf wins is only going to be sweeter...
    Yup, the warriors level of ego and iness is hilarious.

Thread Information