Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Jordan and Pippen just keep living in the past. Who the knows what would have happened, the game, rules and dimensions have changed since his days.
    Jordan was basically unstoppable when the rules allowed mugging opponents. He would be scoring in the 40s or 50s night after night in today's game.

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls in 5. Reality is the NBA just ing blows this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls in 4 easily

It wouldnt take much to get MJ going tbh....just taking 1 look at Raymond Screen's open mouth and he would be pissed

thinking the Warriors would beat them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan was basically unstoppable when the rules allowed mugging opponents. He would be scoring in the 40s or 50s night after night in today's game.
    They are both wits though. Wasn't it some time in 2002 or 03 or whatever that both of them said if the Bulls stayed together they'd still be winning Championships? I think the Spurs with TD/DROB & the Lakers with Shaq/Kobe woulda had something to say about that. They never met monsters like that in the finals. They have to let go finally and enjoy this moment and what other teams are doing in the 2010s instead of living in the 1990s.

As mentioned the game has changed so much. The 98 Bulls made 311/962 3PT/FG 32%. The 2016 Warriors have made 995/2392 3PT/FG 41%. Curry has made 369 3 pointers this year, more than the entire Bulls team combined in 98. And as a team the Warriors have hit more than 3 times the amount the Bulls did in 98. Like I said, the game has changed greatly, whether it be rule changes or just altered styles and mindsets, or defences.

It's almost impossible to say how the greats of yesteryear would fare today and how the greats of today would have fared in the rough and tumble 80s and 90s. The game changes. And the great debate on whose team or generation was better ends with the answer 'nobody will ever know' But for the Bulls it's been 20 years since their 72-10 season. Respect the past, appreciate the present and vice versa to that.
    Last edited by Russo21; 04-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    72-10...beating up expansion teams or today beating up against tank job teams who already gave up on day 1 of season opener...and t hers a handful of those bs repeated offending tanking teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers fans up in here not talking about the Lakers. Totally shocking tbh.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard would make MJ his tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    90s, where expansion teams happen. Lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard would make MJ his tbqh

You mean the dude that scratches his head causing his tongue to react ...like that spot that a dog scratches that causes their leg to go crazy..... you talkin bout dat dude....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No.

As I've said before in this comparison, the Bulls are perfectly built to defend modern offenses that spam pick-n-rolls and use a lot of ball movement. Rodman at Center, Kukoc as a stretch 4, Pippen at 3, and Jordan at 2 would match up well the Warriors "Death squad," and they could switch on everything rather easily without being badly crossmatched. Jordan and Pippen would also wreak havoc in the passing lanes.

Warriors probably win the series, though, since the Bulls depth goes to after that, but they would test the Warriors.

One thing is for sure is that they would destroy the ty Hawks.

y'all crack me up....I just love it when non basketball people such as yourself try to engage in real basketball discussion...

#fail tbh.....

The Bulls were perfectly built to defend all offenses not just modern ones....its why they won 6 les and would have won 8 straight had the mafia not forced Dad Killer to play baseball for 2 yrs...

The Dubs winning the series goes against the entire point you tried to make...all that you you typed but understand none of it..

Defense..thats the key....just like MJ said when he ted on Lebron... So Who Is Lebron guarding was MJ's point....its a weaker league by far...

But let me walk you through this since you have no idea what the your talking about...

MJ guards Curry....does Curry, Clay, Iggy, or Barnes guard MJ....especially in the post where MJ mind ed the out of opponents with his fade-aways and lethal low post game....tell me O wise one who guards MJ....

Does Draymond Green out hustle Dennis ing Rodman..... yeah let me see you try to sell that

And what about Pip....who guards him....

Yeah the Dubs starting front would be fouled out after 2 quarters of play....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y'all crack me up....I just love it when non basketball people such as yourself try to engage in real basketball discussion...

#fail tbh.....

The Bulls were perfectly built to defend all offenses not just modern ones....its why they won 6 les and would have won 8 straight had the mafia not forced Dad Killer to play baseball for 2 yrs...

The Dubs winning the series goes against the entire point you tried to make...all that you you typed but understand none of it..

Defense..thats the key....just like MJ said when he ted on Lebron... So Who Is Lebron guarding was MJ's point....its a weaker league by far...

But let me walk you through this since you have no idea what the your talking about...

MJ guards Curry....does Curry, Clay, Iggy, or Barnes guard MJ....especially in the post where MJ mind ed the out of opponents with his fade-aways and lethal low post game....tell me O wise one who guards MJ....

Does Draymond Green out hustle Dennis ing Rodman..... yeah let me see you try to sell that

LOL PIPPEN MOST OVERRATED POS, u can chuck anybody on him, his not a goto guy..yeh he was good in 94/95 when jordan was out the year, but still, pippen is not a volume offensive guy...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL PIPPEN MOST OVERRATED POS, u can chuck anybody on him, his not a goto guy..yeh he was good in 94/95 when jordan was out the year, but still, pippen is not a volume offensive guy...

^ oh my look..another history white washing buffoon... Pip overrated...if Pippen is overrated good lawd I have no idea what we call Tammy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how many people suffer from prisoner of the moment syndrome when it comes to this warriors team. It's pretty bad when Kool is the voice of reason.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Amazing how many people suffer from prisoner of the moment syndrome when it comes to this warriors team. It's pretty bad when Kool is the voice of reason.

No...doubt..but my basketball side is my good side.....I actually know the game better than everyone here..but I rarely like talking basketball

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For you history revisionists.....theres just no pathway for the Dubs with Rodman on the court.....not only would MJ mind you offensively but Rodman would mind you defensivly....look at what Dennis would do to the biggest, baddest, meanest big man in the east.....Dennis Rodman was no ing joke and was a real mutha er to deal with it....he was just as good defensivly as MJ was offensively...lol at how he gets position on Zo repeatedly....Zo let him get in his head and it was over...Dennis did this to everyone tbh.....and is the reason they 3 peated again....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls in 4 easily

It wouldnt take much to get MJ going tbh....just taking 1 look at Raymond Screen's open mouth and he would be pissed

thinking the Warriors would beat them
    ROFLMAOOOO the mental aspect of the game would be great to watch.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like how the warriors get away with everything aside from murder out there. Green never gets called for the numerous moving screens he does throughout the game. Curry gets away with carrying, traveling, and flopping.

The bulls win because of their defense if they play by 90s rules. They win via offense if using today's rules, cause no one will be allowed to touch Jordan, pippen, or harper. Rodman would dominate the glass even more.
    Curry is currently the most marketable player in the league. That would not at all be the case with Jordan in the league. It's about the money; nothing else.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    96 Bulls couldn't even sweep the Seattle Supersonics. They wouldn't have had a punchers chance of sweeping the Warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    96 Bulls couldn't even sweep the Seattle Supersonics. They wouldn't have had a punchers chance of sweeping the Warriors.
    The teams that had the most success against the Jordan bulls were teams with all-star bigs. Shawn Kemp was a great big back then and in that series he averaged 23 points on 55 percent shooting along with 10 boards. He's a big reason why the bulls couldn't sweep the Sonics. The Warriors on the other hand don't have any bigs who could cause problems for the bulls.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count

#fail tbh.....

Co sign

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As other posters have mentioned. Jordan and Pippen can better neutralize Thompson and Curry than VICA VERSA. Also if the warriors went to their small ball death line up, Toni Kukoc would also the bulls to play small ball to counter it. Put Rodman at center and let him guard Draymond and have Toni spreading the floor as the stretch 4. I think the Bulls would match up well. A team like the spurs with skilled size and a lock down defender like leonard on jordan would match up better. However how would the Spurs deal with the bulls mind games? Jordan was a psychological assassin, that would be weird to see the spurs react to his on the court mind games and Rodman being a pest.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The teams that had the most success against the Jordan bulls were teams with all-star bigs. Shawn Kemp was a great big back then and in that series he averaged 23 points on 55 percent shooting along with 10 boards. He's a big reason why the bulls couldn't sweep the Sonics. The Warriors on the other hand don't have any bigs who could cause problems for the bulls.
    Winning a series and sweeping a team 4 strait are two separate things. The Bulls were a historically great home team, losing two home games in the final week of the season by a total of two points. They were a much more vulnerable on the road, winning a lot of close games during the regular season. Not to mention, the East was much like the West is this year, but worse. No way they go to Oracle and take both games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls get raped, imagine what Curry would do to them on a significantly better team:

Can't guard a 19 year old straight out of high school lmao

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Winning a series and sweeping a team 4 strait are two separate things. The Bulls were a historically great home team, losing two home games in the final week of the season by a total of two points. They were a much more vulnerable on the road, winning a lot of close games during the regular season. Not to mention, the East was much like the West is this year, but worse. No way they go to Oracle and take both games.
    Yes....they'd sweep the Dubs....I love Curry, Clay, and Dray,...they doing some pretty ing good wet work these days but I'm not delusional enough to think they'd even win a game against MJ and Co....

MJ and Pip can sucessfully defend Curry and Clay but conversely Curry and Clay cannot defend MJ and Pip at ALL....not at ALL....MJ would post Currys lil ass up all day....Curry would either stop defending altogether or foul out....same with Pip....hes taking Clay to the box and there's not a thing Clay could do to stop it....sure because Curry and Clay are great shooters they'd get some looks and score some points...but it would be over pretty quickly...theres no team in the league like the that old Bulls team so it's hard to imagine but on its face MJ would mind my boy Steph to death....Steph to small and would get taken to the woodshed all day.....and it would be so easy for MJ as Steph would pose ZERO defensive challenge for MJ....MJ would post him in the lane...a quick bump in the lane over the top for the jumper 4, 5, 6, 7 times in a row....easy peasy for MJ tbh...

And I have even went in yet on Pip shutting Clay down and Rodman getting into Draymond ass....its pretty ing hilarious that you clowns when think the Dubs could seriously compete with that Bulls team....that was ing mans team...this Dubs team while good is a boys team in a very weak league.....dont even get me started.....no knock to the Dubs but please they don't rank with MJ's 3 peater Squads....especially not the ones with crazy ass Dennis roaming the paint...

Thread Information