New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    "Team A won't beat team B"
    "nah what makes you say that"
    "playoff experience"
    "wanna bet on it"
    "LOL LOSER LOL WOW PATHETIC"

I wonder what set him off, tbh can't afford $1000
    Nothing set me off. It's just fun making fun of you.Especially since you're a Tigers fan. And you're the one who felt the need to prove a point by wanting to bet $1000. It obviously bothered you that much. Besides, you're the one got offended by the foreigner remark having to resort to calling me red neck Trump supporter.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Nothing set me off. It's just fun making fun of you.Especially since you're a Tigers fan. And you're the one who felt the need to prove a point by wanting to bet $1000. It obviously bothered you that much. Besides, you're the one got offended by the foreigner remark having to resort to calling me red neck Trump supporter.
    I don't feel the need to prove a point, tbh. You had some strong opinions about a baseball match-up and I had the opposite opinion. Why not bet money on it? Midnightpulp and Harlem do it a lot . You resorted to personal attacks immediately to dodge the swallowing of your pride, that you can't afford $1000

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Whatever, tbh. If you don't want to take a bet, then don't take it. Good luck to you on your 8-5 job..

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Whatever, tbh. If you don't want to take a bet, then don't take it. Good luck to you on your 8-5 job..
    I never bet money in general especially. I'm not a gambler. But if you think I can't afford $1000 that's your problem. I wouldn't lose a sweat betting $10,000. And I resorted to attacking you because I've always viewed you as an annoying prick.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I never bet money in general especially. I'm not a gambler. But if you think I can't afford $1000 that's your problem. I wouldn't lose a sweat betting $10,000.
    LOL ok.. that's fine.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The sickest thing about the Cubs is that they've actually been unlucky. Using 3rd order winning pct (formula that accounts for schedule and peripheral statistics), they should actually have won 7.3 more games than they actually did

Clipper Nation says CWS better
    They were until they decided to the bed mid-season, tbh.

Still not buying the Cucks, they scream "regular season champions" just like the Warriors.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Tbh, Irishock and Pelicans are both right. The MLB playoffs are a crapshoot, but teams built around pitching and defense are better suited to take advantage of it than teams built around power hitting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, it's a fine way of looking at things. I just don't buy into the Giants dynasty being anything more than baseball variance at work. The playoff experience thing might be something in NBA and NFL, but I don't buy it with MLB.
    Surprised you think that given the fact that baseball is a more deliberative sport than football and basketball, meaning in the former you have a lot more time to think and less chance of getting into the zone (which is actually a quantifiable state of mind) where you're essentially letting your body doing the work.

As much as I like saying this player and that player choked in the NBA or NFL, I think missed shots or dropped passes in the flow of game have more to do with variance than a player choking (you don't have enough time to think and psyche yourself out in many NFL and NBA game situations). Free-throw and FG chokes I buy 100%, though. Pitching and hitting in baseball is pretty much setup like a FG or FT where each player has enough time to think and cave into the pressure, so I think the playoff experience idea for baseball is credible since the more experience you have with those high pressure playoff situations, the better you'll perform under them.

Pitching is such a fine-tuned mechanical art and science demanding such a high degree of fine motor skills that any psychological gremlin can really you up.

Believe..I'l Have another Biernutz's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston 2 games behind the Balt.-------Astros 4.5 behind Texas. Plenty of time for both
    teams to make it a race to the flag.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's talks around the league about eliminating the DH completely after the CBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    There's talks around the league about eliminating the DH completely after the CBA.
    Really? I hope so, since the DH has always been a stupid and desperate gimmick, but I doubt the players' union would ever let that happen.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Really? I hope so, since the DH has always been a stupid and desperate gimmick, but I doubt the players' union would ever let that happen.
    I disagree. I always felt the DH should be the standard. To me, national league games are alot more boring to watch with a pitcher hitting. Plus, teams pay pitchers alot of money to pitch instead of having them risk injury hitting and running the bases.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. Watching a pitcher trying to awkwardly hit is painful to watch.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The Cleveland Indians could not score

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chapman to Cubbies... League = Fcked

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No idea how the Tigers are 8 games above .500. They're not good at a single facet of the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea how the Tigers are 8 games above .500. They're not good at a single facet of the game
    Fullmer has been in God mode over his last 10 starts and Verlander is pitching solid. Bats have woken up, as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det Mariners Cubs game. One of the best of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Maddon... U da real MVP.

PS. Honorable Mention to Travis Wood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Maddon is probably the best manager in the game after Bruce Bochy imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Maddon is the best manager in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Maddon is the best manager in the game.
    Dads did well at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dads did well at the deadline.
    Eh, they did ok. I'm getting tired of trading everyone and their mothers; what's the point of adding prospects if theyre going to trade them for more after they develop in three years?

Would've rather they held on to Kemp to act as a mentor to Myers and the younger players as well. They also continue to drag their image through the mud; getting FAs was hard enough as it was.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Royals are better offensively than the Indians"

This was a real take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If A-Rod gets cut from NY would another team pick him up?

Thread Information