Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Time Is A Flat Circle Rust Cohle's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    ***Spoiler***

I was super excited when I heard Vader was in it.

His first scene was nice and had a great feel, but wow James Earl Jones just ain't got it anymore. It sounded like he could only get every other word out recording his takes and they had to splice all the dialogue together to make coherent sentences. He sounded like a Filipino doing a horrible impression of Vader. Not his fault though, he's like 85 years old. It really took me out of the scene.

They could easily found a replacement for his voice. And that ties in to some of the problems I had with the movie. The CGI humans, unforgivable. We get it, you're trying to tie it all in, but dammit, the original starwars is 40 yrs old! People would understand and forgive the film makers for using replacement people. The fact that they went CGI is just completely unacceptable.

With that said, Vader's 45 sec scene at the end practically make the whole thing worth it.
    Yeah the CGI characters were my only real issue. As far as it's advanced, you can still tell it's not at all real. I thought maybe they would just do a quick Tarkin cameo where you just saw his face through the dark reflection, but no they went all out and made him a big character. Took you out of the movie every time all these real actors and real locations/sets suddenly interacted with a CGI person.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw it.... I liked it... especially when Vader went all "Sith" on them rebel punks at the end and totally wrecked them. Got the chills when he lit up his light saber in the beginning of that sequence. Some of the CGI stuff I could have done without, but it wasn't horrible. K-2SO is my favorite droid so far in the entire movie franchise, but they need an HK assassin droid already like in the KOTOR game series calling people Meat Bags and being a total to life forms. Even though young Carrie Fisher was obvious CGI, it was still pretty impressive IMHO.

Last edited by phyzik; 12-17-2016 at 02:44 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I saw it.... I liked it... especially when Vader went all "Sith" on them rebel punks at the end and totally wrecked them. Got the chills when he lit up his light saber in the beginning of that sequence. Some of the CGI stuff I could have done without, but it wasn't horrible. K-2SO is my favorite droid so far in the entire movie franchise, but they need an HK assassin droid already like in the KOTOR game series calling people Meat Bags and being a total to life forms.

There are so many stories they could tell with Vader. He needs his standalone movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There are so many stories they could tell with Vader. He needs his standalone movie.
    He's been in six (now seven) movies from his childhood to his death... time to move on.

bandwagon hater
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I would like to see a Star Wars movie centered around a droid TBH. I think they are an untapped and overlooked resource in the Star Wars universe. Sure, Jedi vs sith and Empire vs Rebelion are the main focus, but droids play a huge part in the back story.

Time Is A Flat Circle Rust Cohle's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    He's been in six (now seven) movies from his childhood to his death... time to move on.
    Yeah but 3 of those were total dog that neary ruined Vader permanently. The 20 seconds of Vader going ape in Rogue One definitely helped undo the damage of the prequels #MakeVaderGreatAgain

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    And never once was his full potential of his powers on display until Rogue one...

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    The first act is slow and meh, but the second and the THIRD is Star Wars all the way! More Star Wars-y than Force Awakens. We get space battle action that is so satisfying.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    2027 C3PO cucks Blakes wife
    C3P0 is gay

2027 return of the redeye. Lebomb solo licks chewie''s asshole

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ***Spoiler***

I was super excited when I heard Vader was in it.

His first scene was nice and had a great feel, but wow James Earl Jones just ain't got it anymore. It sounded like he could only get every other word out recording his takes and they had to splice all the dialogue together to make coherent sentences. He sounded like a Filipino doing a horrible impression of Vader. Not his fault though, he's like 85 years old. It really took me out of the scene.

They could easily found a replacement for his voice. And that ties in to some of the problems I had with the movie. The CGI humans, unforgivable. We get it, you're trying to tie it all in, but dammit, the original starwars is 40 yrs old! People would understand and forgive the film makers for using replacement people. The fact that they went CGI is just completely unacceptable.

With that said, Vader's 45 sec scene at the end practically make the whole thing worth it.
    Yeah agreed. JEJ couldn't summon up classic Vader. A couple of the lines were fine but some were off:

https://vid.me/njq9

It was still a cool scene.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    Much much better than the Force Awakens even if it could have had a little better characterization for the main characters. I can't watch the force awakens again. This I'm positive I could.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Yeah the CGI characters were my only real issue. As far as it's advanced, you can still tell it's not at all real. I thought maybe they would just do a quick Tarkin cameo where you just saw his face through the dark reflection, but no they went all out and made him a big character. Took you out of the movie every time all these real actors and real locations/sets suddenly interacted with a CGI person.
    I thought Leia looked better than Tarkin, but it has to be a to get all those wrinkles looking right

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also, the ship from Star Wars Rebels being in it several times was pretty cool too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I saw it yesterday... I had not read anything about neither seen any trailers... I was expecting the worst, I did not like a lot TFA tbh and thought they will further milk the cow with this one. At the end I enjoyed it a lot it was well done, I mean you can complain about this or that but overall that's solid. I liked the new angle, more adult stuff in fight scenes... the characters were all good except for Saw (not sure wtf Whitaker was doing in that role). A lot of scenes were just badass. Good stuff

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Had low expectations, tbh. Brilliant ending, mostly a good movie. Blind asian dude was kind of weird, but I like the explanation they gave to the deathstar weakness.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Awesome movie. Loved it. Better than Force Awakens for sure.

Can't wait for 6 weeks from now when all the hipsters and contrarians and South Park writers start talking about how it's an overrated piece of .

I 100% agree with this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    didnt see any trailers, went and saw it yesterday. two thumbs up. nice how they worked out a plausible story for the death star weakness, and love how perfectly it sets up to ep. 4

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Awesome movie going experience. Vader wrecked fools

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Awesome movie going experience. Vader wrecked fools
    This. I've yet to see The Force Awakens and I'm still traumatized from episodes 1&2 (never saw 3). I thought that was Peter Cushing for sure as Tarkin--gave me chills. Vader is simply the best villain ever created. I also like how they spliced in old clips of Red and Gold Leaders.

The only downside was the 30+ minutes of goty Marvel movie trailers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    The only downside was the 30+ minutes of goty Marvel movie trailers
    read that as "im not gay, i swear!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    You've already used that joke ineffectively before. Meanwhile, you just admitted that you'll slurp up anything that comes out of that 93 y/o man's pud

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I think there was at least 3 Marvel trailers...Wonderwoman, Logan, and some kind of Avengers movie. Doesn't that strike you as overkill? I understand Star Wars is also fantasy/sci-fi, but 3 of the same goddamn brand of movies in the previews? There was also another Transformers movie

Dunkirk looked interesting...saved the previews

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think there was at least 3 Marvel trailers...Wonderwoman, Logan, and some kind of Avengers movie. Doesn't that strike you as overkill? I understand Star Wars is also fantasy/sci-fi, but 3 of the same goddamn brand of movies in the previews? There was also another Transformers movie

Dunkirk looked interesting...saved the previews
    I didn't get any of those tbh, but I was hoping for the Wonder Woman trailer so my daughter could see it. Her comments on Rogue One were, "I loved that everyone died, but I wish someone had been ripped in half and someone else strangled with their intestines." We got Cars 3 and some other random tailers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i got spiderman and guardians in the trailers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    You've already used that joke ineffectively before. Meanwhile, you just admitted that you'll slurp up anything that comes out of that 93 y/o man's pud
    its not a joke though...

but yeah i'm a sucker for marvel flicks. guilty

Thread Information