NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i'm assuming you've just blocked episodes 1 and 2 out of your memory, then
    Episode 3 is the worst.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Episode 3 is the worst.
    With rogue one and ep 7 and the continuation of the series, I can now ignore the prequels for good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Episode 3 is the worst.
    Episode 2 for me. I feel embarrassed watching that movie in an empty room. The dialogue between Anikan and Padme is just nauseating.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Episode 2 for me. I feel embarrassed watching that movie in an empty room. The dialogue between Anikan and Padme is just nauseating.
    This.

Theres not a scene in the entire film that doesnt absolutely suck. Red letter media guys summed it up much better than I ever could.

As for Rogue One I thought it was pretty weak. Take away the Star Wars connection and it was an extremely boring movie.

The fan service "Darth Vader cuts up the rebels and nerds in the theater go crazy" was embarrassing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    episodes 1 and 2 had jar jar binks and therefore are immediately the 2 worst of the series

period

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    episodes 1 and 2 had jar jar binks and therefore are immediately the 2 worst of the series

period
    Let's not forget that the emperor would have never come to power had Jar Jar Binks not nominated Palpatine in ep3. It's was George Lucas' F-you to the fans that hated Jar Jar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

period
    thought the 1 was okish tbh the 2 was killed by this horrible padme/anakin interraction, the 3 was ok in my book tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Jar Jar is a scapegoat.

The films have no central character or any character that the audience can identify with. There is no emotional connection between the "heroes" and the "villains", just people wearing different colored robes. The "plot" of episode I is both confusing and boring.

I dont know how George Lucas wrote the original Star Wars. Peeps like to point out that it, too, has flaws but let me give you one example of brilliant writing:

1) The heroes are stuck in a trash compactor
    2) They are in a trash compactor because their rescue attempt went to
    3) Their rescue attempt went to because they are amateurs. Theyre making it up as they go along ("were fine now...how are you").
    4) They knew where princess leiah's cell was because R2 found out while plugged into the death star. They decide to attempt a rescue.
    5) R2 was plugged into the death star to try and find out how to deactive the tractor beam
    6) They were sucked into the tractor beam beam because they arrived at Alderan after the death star had just blown it up
    7) They went to Alderan to try and deliver stolen plans to the death star
    8) The empire has a death star because they are inherently evil

What i just explained there is HARD AS to do. None of this actually happened, George Lucas made it up. I dont know how. Everything in the prequels tells us he doesnt have the slightest clue how to write a script.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Well yeah, Eps 4-6 had plots and great character developments.

Eps 1-3 just tried to smoke and mirror the audience with special effects

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jar Jar is a scapegoat.

The films have no central character or any character that the audience can identify with. There is no emotional connection between the "heroes" and the "villains", just people wearing different colored robes. The "plot" of episode I is both confusing and boring.
    The only likeable character is Qui Gon, and that's simply because of Liam Neeson. Obi Wan comes off as boring and condisending. I'd go to the dark side too if my master referred to me as "my very young padiwan" instead of simply saying my name.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well yeah, Eps 4-6 had plots and great character developments.

Eps 1-3 just tried to smoke and mirror the audience with special effects
    I generally liked the plot lines of the prequels, but the execution was terrible. The acting, the over reliance on CGI, the dialogue, Jar Jar... Done right, I don't think the story would have been that bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    The only likeable character is Qui Gon, and that's simply because of Liam Neeson. Obi Wan comes off as boring and condisending. I'd go to the dark side too if my master referred to me as "my very young padiwan" instead of simply saying my name.
    If you havent watched this before I recommend whole-heartedly:

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I generally liked the plot lines of the prequels, but the execution was terrible. The acting, the over reliance on CGI, the dialogue, Jar Jar... Done right, I don't think the story would have been that bad.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    This.

some people ITT giving veiled praise or acceptance of the prequels. gtfo

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Episode 3 is the worst.
    absolutely. The most cringeworthy, sappy, horribly acted bull I've maybe ever seen. I think the prequels got worse as they went along. Not saying Phantom Menace wasn't total garbage, but it was by far better than the teenybopper love story/complete neutering of Darth Vader in Episodes 2 & 3.

You can dislike Force Awakens, but if you actually think it was worse than any of the prequels, then you have some other agenda beside judging a movie on it's own merits.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 01-12-2017 at 04:29 PM.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Can't wait for 6 weeks from now when all the hipsters and contrarians and South Park writers start talking about how it's an overrated piece of .
    As for Rogue One I thought it was pretty weak. Take away the Star Wars connection and it was an extremely boring movie.

The fan service "Darth Vader cuts up the rebels and nerds in the theater go crazy" was embarrassing.
    And it's begun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So Darth flings the soldiers around but couldn't hold the door open to get the plans?

I still l liked the scene tho. Wanted more.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So Darth flings the soldiers around but couldn't hold the door open to get the plans?

I still l liked the scene tho. Wanted more.
    I thought the same thing, but then figured he's the one holding the door...while also using the force to fling soldiers, deflect lasers, and slice n dice with his light saber. He was multi tasking.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I prefer Star Trek.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    I prefer Star Trek.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    Yep. I'm a nerd.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Well looks like I'm the only who prefers the PT over Ep.7, that's fine.

The prequels certainly have issues and Ep. 2 was my least favorite until Ep. 7 came along.

Personally I'd rate Rogue One way higher than both.

Generally how I feel. The elements were there, especially visually and musically, but Lucas needed to iron out the story because it didn't come together like it could've.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Well looks like I'm the only who prefers the PT over Ep.7, that's fine.

The prequels certainly have issues and Ep. 2 was my least favorite until Ep. 7 came along.

Personally I'd rate Rogue One way higher than both.

Generally how I feel. The elements were there, especially visually and musically, but Lucas needed to iron out the story because it didn't come together like it could've.
    George Lucas made the prequels all dessert (special effects), no meat.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Didn't Darth Maul have the high ground on Kenobi?

Lucas

Thread Information