Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're all ungrateful bas s, tbh... spoiled Spursfan quickly forgets what a treat is November Parker... he's basically the best PG in the league in that month, and never gets recognition for it...
    This wouldn't happen if he could stay in shape during the offseason without out having to play for his country.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's done as a top tier scorer. He's done as a major impact player. If he was even border line all star, we could win it all. Not to crap on him. He's been a great point guard for us. It's just Father Time took his inhuman speed and that jump shot he used to hit time and again no longer falls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're all ungrateful bas s, tbh... spoiled Spursfan quickly forgets what a treat is November Parker... he's basically the best PG in the league in that month, and never gets recognition for it...
    Savage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two more years on $14 million each, I believe.

He's looked like complete trash that last two months. , it really is sad to see him fading like this for a second season in a row.
    It's a bummer. He looked good before the All Star Break. Contract wise, yeah--two more. But do we think the Spurs would sign him again for loyalty's sake?

Oof. I don't have the level of irrational hatred of Tony some here do; I'm just worried the miles have added up. Last year, there was the hamstring. This year? No excuse. Just plain runnin' out of gas at the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same things he's always done. Steal money from the Spurs franchise, dribble out the shot clock, chuck bricks, freeze out his team's best players due to pure jealousy, get outplayed by his backups, choke in the playoffs, and inhale every morsel of food within a twelve-mile radius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's done as a top tier scorer. He's done as a major impact player. If he was even border line all star, we could win it all. Not to crap on him. He's been a great point guard for us. It's just Father Time took his inhuman speed and that jump shot he used to hit time and again no longer falls.
    That and the league has some monster PG's, especially out West. Paul, Damian, Westbrook, Curry, I mean Parker is pretty much getting outplayed at his position every night against top compe ion.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #KawhiDamageControl

/thread

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was never all that consistent with the jumpshot he had streaks and stretches here and there for a month or two when it looked to be developing but never really got there.

His defense can occasionally be decent but was never more than slightly above average. He has never had great passing skills or ball placement.

He had a great first step and the ability to finished with contact and that's where he was best he developed a decent ability to find the open man on a drive as well be now that he can't drive regularly that isn't really useful.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disgree. When Parker was in the MVP conversation as recently as 3 years ago, he could knock down that midrange jumper especially on the pick and roll. Defenders totally respected him on it. He can't make it anymore and I don't know why. Defenders are letting him have it again, like 10 years ago when he was a shakey shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally separate from the what he does question--how many more years of Parker do the Spurs have?
    5 more years left. Remember, he wants to play 20

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 more years left. Remember, he wants to play 20

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would love to trade him this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Words of wisdom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. It may never happen but I'd love to see him and Green shipped out of here. Both are past their expiration dates. Danny's still relatively young but making $$ apparently made his shot disappear.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. It may never happen but I'd love to see him and Green shipped out of here. Both are past their expiration dates. Danny's still relatively young but making $$ apparently made his shot disappear.
    You have to change your gif brah. I swear I watch it like 10 times everytime it shows up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhis sheets the bed and OP starts a Parker thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's in a difficult situation, as are the Spurs as a whole, tbh..his transition to old age is much more difficult than Duncan's(relatively easy transition as a big with a defensive mindset) or Manu's(still the lead playmaker off the bench)..

How exactly do you utilize an ancient 6'1" player that isn't a natural spot-up shooter and isn't a great playmaker? It's probably a very difficult task for Parker as an individual and Pop as a coach, it's likely a constant struggle figuring out when to be aggressive vs. deferring..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    earlier this year in the trade deadline thread i proposed tp, green, bonner for dragic, whiteside, mcroberts, and gerald green... and people on this forum hated it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    earlier this year in the trade deadline thread i proposed tp, green, bonner for dragic, whiteside, mcroberts, and gerald green... and people on this forum hated it
    It's not bad on paper, but Pop would never coach Whiteside and Gerald Green, tbh..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker's in a difficult situation, as are the Spurs as a whole, tbh..his transition to old age is much more difficult than Duncan's(relatively easy transition as a big with a defensive mindset) or Manu's(still the lead playmaker off the bench)..

How exactly do you utilize an ancient 6'1" player that isn't a natural spot-up shooter and isn't a great playmaker? It's probably a very difficult task for Parker as an individual and Pop as a coach, it's likely a constant struggle figuring out when to be aggressive vs. deferring..

Honestly..the only thing for him to start doing is like a million catch and shoot drills. He needs to become a shooter..but what's crazy I think he kinda has the potential.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly..the only thing for him to start doing is like a million catch and shoot drills. He needs to become a shooter..but what's crazy I think he kinda has the potential.
    He does need to become a better shooter, but realistically, he probably shouldn't be starting anymore at his age and with his mileage..the PG position in today's NBA is much more difficult to hide than somebody like Tim at C..it's not the old NBA, where you could have a role player playing PG(like Derek Fisher) and succeed..all the other relevant teams have dynamic PGs starting, right now..

It would be cool to experiment with having him come off the bench and see how he does(I think he would do well in that role IMO), but the Spurs don't have an alternative for experimentation..Patty is not a PG, and you aren't going to start 59-year old Andre Miller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Many people saw this Parker coming years before his decline. Instead of improving the other aspects of his game to prepare for it, he chose to keep playing for France.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be solid coming off the bench as he knows the system, that's about all he has going for him these days.

We need a smart IQ PG dude to come in and learn the system in the off season tbh
    He can work with the new SG we get too.

Imagine freeing up the $25m or so these two scrubs take from us annually.

This isn't the old days, we need to change the back court to move forward tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many people saw this Parker coming years before his decline. Instead of improving the other aspects of his game to prepare for it, he chose to keep playing for France.
    No I just think when he hit the wall he hit it hard. And IMO I think he finally realized it THIS year..I think he always thought he'd recover and have his legs back but they never came back ever since the hamstring injury..

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, many knew when he was in his prime that his game wouldn't age well, some didn't even like his previous contract. the time to complain about Parker is long past, and those who do it are pretty simple

Thread Information