Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You say that, but it was the Blazers that got called for moving screens all night. Yes the Blazers, not the Warriors.

They get away with so much on both sides of the ball it's ridiculous. Is calling it the same too much to ask?
    Doesn't surprise me.

If this refs are not actually biased and are actually just manipulated, maybe it's too late since they have to be worked through the RS. But for fwiw, might as well try.

Screens executed like they were actually playing defense can't be that hard to see though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have any dirty players left. Both Green and Leonard are tremendous defenders but they don't play "gritty/playoff" (aka dirty) defense. All the dirty players are on the Warriors.

Really hope the Spurs can beat OKC though... Getting beaten by the Spurs and seeing the Spurs obliterated by the Warriors might just convince Durant to leave OKC and maybe head to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I changed my mind. Spurs in 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheesh, it's sobering to see 2 teams with multiple athletic players that can hit the 3. Spur will need a serious upgrade in those categories in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BigWos or WosnyLambre from TrueHoop TV said the spurs would get swept by the Warriors in the WCF.
    Not a bad take. Real real bad matchup for us. That plus having too 3 player in history at his peak and a top 3 team in history will do that to you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last night, though totally predictable, was a crushing blow for the Spurs. They needed that series to get pushed to 6 and for this one to end in 6, otherwise this has '08 WCF written all over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll worry about the Warriors if and when our team gets there...right now we have to hope that we don't see a repeat of 2012 tonight...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Warriors in 5" does beg the question:

Would you rather win a close series against OKC and then get spanked by GS and have to watch Curry and Green flexing and screaming all over the Spurs?

Or would you rather lose a hard fought series to OKC and avoid a collosal WCF embarrassment?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Warriors in 5" does beg the question:

Would you rather win a close series against OKC and then get spanked by GS and have to watch Curry and Green flexing and screaming all over the Spurs?

Or would you rather lose a hard fought series to OKC and avoid a collosal WCF embarrassment?
    It's always best to go as far as possible. Even though bad luck and the Warriors is an oxymoron, there's always that sliver of a chance something series altering happens to Curry or Green.

Also, I think a lot of people, including the Thunder, think if not for some untimely injuries, they'd be the preeminent team of the West in the past half decade. In the three series in that time, they're 8-8. I want the Spurs to get bragging rights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs might not make it to the WCF. I love how Spurs fans try to FFWD as if the 1st two rounds are a given. Couldn't get past the ing Clippers last year.
    Yeah I said this and you folks need to take heed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I said this and you folks need to take heed.
    Just like you said Curry was overrated. It's like the old saying a broke clock is right at least twice a day. Obviously you are the broke clock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one is touching the Warriors, my god Curry is on another universe
    Yeah, universe of the chokers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll worry about the Warriors if and when our team gets there...right now we have to hope that we don't see a repeat of 2012 tonight...
    4-2, we did...... . I still can't believe the Spurs fans overlooked that team like they were going to be cake and I even said do not overlook that dangerous team, well fans did and look what happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4-2, we did...... . I still can't believe the Spurs fans overlooked that team like they were going to be cake and I even said do not overlook that dangerous team, well fans did and look what happened.
    Agreed...ever since being up 2-0 against them in 2012 and then the monumental collapse of the backdoor sweep I have always been weary of the Thunder...

Even in 2014, the 4th quarter of Game 6 looked like the Spurs were heading for another collapse at the hands of OKC...but thankfully the team closed it out thanks to fantastic clutch plays by Kawhi, Manu, and Timmy but it was a nail bitter and I was so thrilled to have FINALLY exercised the demons of 2012...

And now this past season...I swear Game 5 of this series was eerily similar to Game 5 of 2012 with the Thunder controlling the pace and tempo the entire game with the Spurs trying to play catch up...and of course just like in Game 6 of 2012 the Spurs go down big in OKC although in this year's series the Spurs were down big earlier than in 2012 when they had built a sizeable early lead only to see it slip away...

This is why I can't stand the Thunder...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed...ever since being up 2-0 against them in 2012 and then the monumental collapse of the backdoor sweep I have always been weary of the Thunder...

Even in 2014, the 4th quarter of Game 6 looked like the Spurs were heading for another collapse at the hands of OKC...but thankfully the team closed it out thanks to fantastic clutch plays by Kawhi, Manu, and Timmy but it was a nail bitter and I was so thrilled to have FINALLY exercised the demons of 2012...

And now this past season...I swear Game 5 of this series was eerily similar to Game 5 of 2012 with the Thunder controlling the pace and tempo the entire game with the Spurs trying to play catch up...and of course just like in Game 6 of 2012 the Spurs go down big in OKC although in this year's series the Spurs were down big earlier than in 2012 when they had built a sizeable early lead only to see it slip away...

They would choke against anyone ing else but the Spurs, they choke in the 4th Q's but the Spurs managed to out do the worst 4th Q team in the playoffs for Gods sakes..... They blow a 3-1 lead to the GSW, go figure. Only the Spurs man, I swear. 2014 I am so glad we beat that team because if that did not happen going 0-3 to this team in the playoffs I would lose it. Thank GOD for 2014 still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i'm not even mad that we lost tbh.. Our team was just not good enough and i've come to terms with that! There was no way we were getting past the warriors anyway.

Thread Information