Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said he expects to play 5 seasons more...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only starting PG worse than Tony?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't have the balls to let go of Bonner, much less Parker.....

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to see a run at Conley, Bazemore, or Batum (if Danny keeps sucking).

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hes barely better than parker

Spurs International Expert gilmor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker said he expects to play 5 seasons more...
    Yes but not with the Spurs.. he can go back France

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose just announced that he's got enough money saved and "winning" is his top priority for his upcoming free agency. At what price (if any) would you take him next year? Something to ponder (or not) as we prepare to play the Knicks.

"Not even thinking money. I've got more than enough money saved. If I stopped playing basketball now, I'll be all right," Rose told reporters in Utah on Wednesday night. "I want to win. I want to be happy and feel at peace with myself wherever I'm at.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ey-free-agency

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose just announced that he's got enough money saved and "winning" is his top priority for his upcoming free agency. At what price (if any) would you take him next year? Something to ponder (or not) as we prepare to play the Knicks.

You forgot the blue font Bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the blue font Bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let him play pro bono since he is set and big ballin. I will get on board with that proposal. Otherwise, if he wants to win he should join a front office at this point.

Just like rondo, he is a net negative at this point with serious concerns about his mental for ude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I am pretty sure the character issues/concerns/baggage would prevent his generating any interest from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ummm... did somebody hack your account, Bill?

Rose has shot something like .300 from the 3P line for his career, and this year it's WAY worse than that. And on 2P shots outside 3 feet, he shoots something like .400.

But if the idea is that he signs for the min, to try and ring? I guess we could do a lot worse for a backup. You do mean as a backup, right? I'd hate to bank a whole season on him being able to stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummm... did somebody hack your account, Bill?

Rose has shot something like .300 from the 3P line for his career, and this year it's WAY worse than that. And on 2P shots outside 3 feet, he shoots something like .400.

But if the idea is that he signs for the min, to try and ring? I guess we could do a lot worse for a backup. You do mean as a backup, right? I'd hate to bank a whole season on him being able to stay healthy.
    No hacking MM, and I don't disagree. I wanted to know if there was a $$$ value and if, in a Spursian environment, Rose could perform better. Simple as that.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No hacking MM, and I don't disagree. I wanted to know if there was a $$$ value and if, in a Spursian environment, Rose could perform better. Simple as that.
    We can only have one deplorable tbh. Isn't Rose a supposed gang-bang'er? In the literal sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer to see what Dejounte has to offer in his second year to be honest, that scenario is infinitely more intriguing in my mind. I do not want to see a PG that shoots 27% from the 3 point line, in a spurs uniform, ever, yikes! Who is to say Dejounte is not a mini Kawhi? He is up there in terms of athleticism, and he appears to have the required work ethic. And much like Kawhi he is bringing it on the defensive side of the floor while both improved on their three point shot! Dejounte is shooting over 39% beyond the three point line, but he is injured and probably wont play again until summer leagues, nevertheless he has had an unbelievable rookie season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some team will pay him and will be looking to offload him by december just like Rondo. They always find someone to pay them. Look at Jeff Green. He'll get a contract too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Okay, it really is you and you really are being serious.

He's a big injury risk. Maybe not as bad as T.J. Ford was when the Spurs signed him - he's held up pretty well the last couple of seasons. He really is a chucker, but I would love his dribble-penetration ability on this team. And when he does get to the rim, he's a scoring machine. But starting? The people who complain about Tony taking shots away from Kawhi would go ape- crazy over what he would do. And they would have to have a second starter in the wings, for when he gets injured, which looks like chemistry problems waiting to happen.

There's no way I would invest MLE money in him. But if he's talking about playing cheap for a shot at a ring, and would be willing to come off the bench? Yeah, sign him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can only have one deplorable tbh. Isn't Rose a supposed gang-bang'er? In the literal sense.
    You mean like the District Atty who was a key to his conviction getting offed?
    Ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at least Rose won playoff series and an MVP. the spurs creamed their pants over a dude named lame who struggled with half that.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derek Rose?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rose would crack mentally the first time pop goes Serbian on him. He was great at one point but he refuses to accept he's not the same player post injury. It's time he lets go of his own hype and accept a role more fitting his skill set. Come off the bench for a contender and stick to D and dishing. As it stands he's looking to be one of the only (if not the only) rookie of the year, multiple all-star, and MVP to not make the HoF. All the voters will remember is his post injury years. If he can manage to grab a ring as a sixth man he might have a chance to get in
    Last edited by Trueblood; 03-24-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao why would the Spurs want a downgrade at PG?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Derick Rose becomes available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rose just made the rookie mistake of saying he just wants to win. Now he'll re-sign in NY in a losing system and that will be that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Just no.

Thread Information