Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first boss was piss easy, by the way. Getting that anite shard on top of that coffin was harder.
    The ice monster? Or the knight? The ice monster is a cakewalk.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did. I even OCed it with the standard mobo recommendation (it's an ASUS with an overclocking bios built right in) and the system did, not, like it. I had to pull the battery out of the mobo and completely reset it to get it working again.
    Do you have an H-series board, or P67 / Z68? Or did you go right for 4.5 GHz from the start without upping vcore? You can't get any kind of overclock on your 2500k?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have an H-series board, or P67 / Z68? Or did you go right for 4.5 GHz from the start without upping vcore? You can't get any kind of overclock on your 2500k?
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-C...rch_detailpage

This is the board I have. It's built to OC, so I have no idea why it was an issue. Honestly I've had so much performance out of the system that I've never felt the need to OC

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-C...rch_detailpage

This is the board I have. It's built to OC, so I have no idea why it was an issue. Honestly I've had so much performance out of the system that I've never felt the need to OC
    That's strange. Did you just try to tie in a huge overclock from the beginning or something? Or were you using the Asus software to do it instead of doing it in the BIOS? That board should easily allow a good overclock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's strange. Did you just try to tie in a huge overclock from the beginning or something? Or were you using the Asus software to do it instead of doing it in the BIOS? That board should easily allow a good overclock.
    I just used the standard OCs set by the mobo in the bios menu. =\ Might take a look at it again in the future, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just used the standard OCs set by the mobo in the bios menu. =\ Might take a look at it again in the future, though.
    That ain't how to do it man. You gotta go into the BIOS, put it at stock, bump up a couple hundred MHz through the multiplier (don't touch the BCLK, that clock is used by your RAM and PCIE too). Then stress test with Prime95's Small FFT test for 20-30 minutes. If it passes go back in the BIOS and bump up another 100 MHz through the multiplier. If it doesn't go in the BIOS and bump up the vcore maybe .05V and stress test again, and just keep going until you hit a power wall where it takes a lot more voltage to get that next 100-200 MHz or when your vcore gets to 1.3V to 1.35V, depending how good your cooling is. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a 30% overclock on that chip, the i5-2500k are ing overclocking legends. No reason to be cpu bottlenecked with that kind of processor bro. Also make sure to monitor your temps in stress testing, you don't really want to be above 90C, and ideally below 80C at all times. If you can't even get into BIOS when you go too far in an OC just clear the CMOS.

But I wouldn't touch oc'ing an i5 if you're using the stock cooler.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-14-2016 at 12:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked up dark souls 2. With so many great games i never buy games for 60 bucks anymore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ain't how to do it man. You gotta go into the BIOS, put it at stock, bump up a couple hundred MHz through the multiplier (don't touch the BCLK, that clock is used by your RAM and PCIE too). Then stress test with Prime95's Small FFT test for 20-30 minutes. If it passes go back in the BIOS and bump up another 100 MHz through the multiplier. If it doesn't go in the BIOS and bump up the vcore maybe .05V and stress test again, and just keep going until you hit a power wall where it takes a lot more voltage to get that next 100-200 MHz or when your vcore gets to 1.3V to 1.35V, depending how good your cooling is. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a 30% overclock on that chip, the i5-2500k are ing overclocking legends. No reason to be cpu bottlenecked with that kind of processor bro. Also make sure to monitor your temps in stress testing, you don't really want to be above 90C, and ideally below 80C at all times. If you can't even get into BIOS when you go too far in an OC just clear the CMOS.

But I wouldn't touch oc'ing an i5 if you're using the stock cooler.
    I've got a hyper 212 cooler which is a legend in it's own right, and my core clocks at ~idle are right around 33c, they never get over 60 during gaming IIRC.

I'll give it another look, but if I recall correctly the OC's that were set by the mobo were pretty conservative. I was surprised when it shut down the boot sequence, was planning to start at that default and then work my way up from there. =\

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just picked up dark souls 2. With so many great games i never buy games for 60 bucks anymore
    Haha, I was fortunate enough to have a friend gift this one to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, I was fortunate enough to have a friend gift this one to me.
    Ds2 feels easy compared to ds1 and ds, but naybe its causd im already a vet of this series. Hows ds3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ds2 feels easy compared to ds1 and ds, but naybe its causd im already a vet of this series. Hows ds3
    It's faster, and I feel like it's a little bit easier to access, maybe because the graphics seem sharper and clearer, idk. It's fantastic though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never played any of this series. Is it kind of like a much harder Witcher 3? I might check it when I finish the Dying Light expansion.
    It's only like the Witcher in that it's third person and you have a sword, otherwise it's a lot different. The Witcher has a more clear cut narrative with lots of dialogue while Dark Souls has a narrative that you have to piece together, from item descriptions, vague NPCs, and boss encounters. The game mechanics, items, and NPCs are all cryptic and you have to experiment to find out what does what. Usually, within the first few weeks, no one knows what the is going on. So there's this communal aspect, where people are discovering things together. By now, the games been cracked open, so it's mostly clear cut, but that was kind of a big thing with the original. With the Witcher, you can kind of over level, get sloppy, and still decimate everything in your path. Here, no matter your level, if you get sloppy, you're going to die. There are different builds you can go, most players usually start messing around as a melee/knight/strength build, which I think is a bit easier. You still have to keep your shield up, manage your stamina, master dodging, be mindful or blind spots/traps, and choose when to take your shots. Like someone else said, it's all about the combat. I would add exploration and the lore to that, if you find yourself getting into it. IGN has a good video that explains the story of the first two games in about 5 minutes if you just want to catch up and jump into the third game. The premise of the third game, as far as I can tell, is that life is cyclical in nature. Eventually the world gets too ed up to exist. The light is extinguished and everybody dies, bringing in an age of darkness. From that, life begins again and so on. At the outset of the game, four lords need to wake the lord of cinder to end the world, but they abandon their post, presumably because they don't want to die. You have to hunt them down, kill them, and bring them to their thrones, wake the lord of cinder, and end the world.
    Last edited by Death In June; 04-15-2016 at 02:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game mechanics, items, and NPCs are all cryptic and you have to experiment to find out what does what. Usually, within the first few weeks, no one knows what the is going on. So there's this communal aspect, where people are discovering things together. By now, the games been cracked open, so it's mostly clear cut, but that was kind of a big thing with the original.
    Can you play it as a single player game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you play it as a single player game?
    Yeah, absolutely. Though, you'd be missing out on some of the unique aspects of the game. People leave messages for you on the ground that populate your world. Sometimes they'll warn you about an ambush ahead, sometimes they'll tell you where some loot is, other times, they'll tell you to jump off a clip...sometimes there's a ledge underneath, sometimes they'll troll you into killing yourself and losing your experience points (souls), which you have one chance to recover by getting to the spot you died before they're gone for good. The other part you'd lose, is that you couldn't invade another players world and kill them. In turn you can't be invaded. There are some covenants you can ally yourself with. It's the game's PVP system. It lets you either protect people that are being invaded, join them for co-op against bosses/levels, or invade them to kill them and slow their progress.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    thought about getting this and then I remembered how tiresome and boring bloodborne got after awhile and decided against it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

Is DSIII pirate friendly? Thinking bout getting it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

http://www.scnsrc.me/dark-souls-iii-codex/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    baseline bum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I went with whatever version is on KAT.. 37% done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went with whatever version is on KAT.. 37% done
    Have fun getting cryptolocker someday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game is ok so far.. Great level design tbh, some of the best I've ever seen. I was stuck on the first monster ( y ice lizard thing) for about an hour so I can imagine how bad it's gonna be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game is ok so far.. Great level design tbh, some of the best I've ever seen. I was stuck on the first monster ( y ice lizard thing) for about an hour so I can imagine how bad it's gonna be
    Bad news dude, he's a regular mob later in the game and is the easiest boss by a wide margin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad news dude, he's a regular mob later in the game and is the easiest boss by a wide margin.
    Yeah, I expect it. I'm at High Leorics Wall or whatever it's called now. Right after you pass that Dragon perched on top of the tower.. It makes you go so far without a campfire, gets annoying so I don't progress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I expect it. I'm at High Leorics Wall or whatever it's called now. Right after you pass that Dragon perched on top of the tower.. It makes you go so far without a campfire, gets annoying so I don't progress
    Damn that's not sounding like a game I'd be into if so, maybe I'll give this a pass. Or is it actually worth the frustration?

Thread Information