Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why do I even want to buy Nioh when I'm working 12 hour shifts and only getting one day off every 14 days. Once this is over, I'll get it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB > DS > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Demon's Souls might not have an online community anymore. They're all good, but if you want the faster paced combat, Dark Souls 3 is the closest to Bloodborne.
    red man, did you play Dark Souls 1 on PC? If so, how did you set things up with dsfix to get 60 fps? I can't get rid of this annoying screen tearing when I use dsfix-2.4 to run the game at 60 fps.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see forcing VSync in the Nvidia Control Panel fixes that. Man this game is a mess on PC. By default it runs 30 fps and the internal resolution the game is rendered at is 1024x768

It looks like a good PS2 game by default. Thankfully dsfix allows you to render at 1080p and run the game at 60 fps.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-21-2017 at 05:11 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Never played it on PC. If I ever want to replay the game, I'll get the PC version. My PS3 disc is missing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB > DS > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Demon's Souls might not have an online community anymore. They're all good, but if you want the faster paced combat, Dark Souls 3 is the closest to Bloodborne.
    Is Demon's Souls just a lot easier than Bloodborne, or do you think it only seems that way once you have gotten used to the series? (BB was the first one I played seriously) I killed the red dragon, some bloblike thing with a bunch of tiny blobs that throw spears, this fat demon with an axe who tries to sit on you, a fire breathing spider, and this giant knight with a huge shield and they were all less difficult than Cleric Beast.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So, I got bored with Nioh and went back to Dark Souls 3, because I didn't finish the first DLC. I died a few times to the demon dual bosses, gave up and called it a night. I looked it up, and apparently I beat the first DLC without even realizing it, and I went straight to the new one. That's pretty cool how From connected both DLC's. I haven't seen that in a game before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I got bored with Nioh and went back to Dark Souls 3, because I didn't finish the first DLC. I died a few times to the demon dual bosses, gave up and called it a night. I looked it up, and apparently I beat the first DLC without even realizing it, and I went straight to the new one. That's pretty cool how From connected both DLC's. I haven't seen that in a game before.
    That's disappointing to hear about Nioh. Currently playing the first Dark Souls, and is it me or is it a lot harder to parry and a lot easier to backstab in DS1 vs Bloodborne?

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Nioh might have a deeper combat system, but it lacks variety in enemies or locations. It's an entertaining game, but I would rather play Dark Souls 3 every time.

Oh, and while the combat is more "complicated," half of the extra moves one can learn are useless. The game wants to be more like Ninja Gaiden or Bayonetta, but if one blocks, dodges, and attacks when they are supposed to, there is no reason to even bother memorizing special moves.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    That's disappointing to hear about Nioh. Currently playing the first Dark Souls, and is it me or is it a lot harder to parry and a lot easier to backstab in DS1 vs Bloodborne?
    Bend over, I'll show you some easy backstabbing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thinking about trading HZD in for this. I loved DS, really enjoyed DS2 and couldn't get into BB.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bought DS3.

Ran out of the new copies with the DLC. Oh well

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So far it feels a lot more BBish, as far as the pace of combat. Digging it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That Catacombs boss might be the easiest boss(and you can add mini bosses to this as well) that I've played in any of the three Dark Souls games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Catacombs boss might be the easiest boss(and you can add mini bosses to this as well) that I've played in any of the three Dark Souls games.
    LOL I fought Pinwheel with a +15 uchigatana. I think I killed him in like 3 strikes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You gonna get into DSII next, bb?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gonna get into DSII next, bb?
    Not sure if I'll play Scholar of the First Sin or DS III first, but I have Nioh coming in the mail tomorrow so I'll be playing that next.

Thread Information