Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    You shut your mouth
    sad part is i just bought both of these recently

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides similar gameplay, neither game has anything to do with each other. The Dark Souls games barely have stories, so you can't really spoil yourself.
    Cool, thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad part is i just bought both of these recently
    LOL man I have gotten so into Bloodborne. I ing hated the first two hours and was ready to head off to GameStop to sell that back, but after those first two hours it has been amazing. That's hardcore that you can't level up until fighting Cleric Beast. I gotta say though, what an epic opening level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing how Bloodborne has almost zero story...certainly not at the level of todays gaming, and it still one of the top 3 games in the last 3 years, imo.

That's almost impossible in todays gaming community.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ selling your games back to Gamestop.. Tf is the matter w/ you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ selling your games back to Gamestop.. Tf is the matter w/ you
    The beginning of Bloodborne is ing hard man. Way harder than the beginning of Dark Souls 3. Before you find the Cleric Beast you can basically die with one wrong move agaist a lot of the enemies.

Besides, I sold them all my XBox 360 games that had PC versions to pirate tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The beginning of Bloodborne is ing hard man. Way harder than the beginning of Dark Souls 3. Before you find the Cleric Beast you can basically die with one wrong move agaist a lot of the enemies.

Besides, I sold them all my XBox 360 games that had PC versions to pirate tbh.
    Should just pile up the games you don't want and set them ablaze IMO.. Better than the 5 bucks they give on new releaes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB > DS > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Demon's Souls might not have an online community anymore. They're all good, but if you want the faster paced combat, Dark Souls 3 is the closest to Bloodborne.
    LOL I found a PS3 that's actually in pretty nice shape for $40 at Gamestop so figured what the , and grabbed a copy of Demon's Souls too. I figure I'll check that after finishing Bloodborne (which I don't imagine I'll do for a while, that game is crack). DJR210 has to be rolling in his grave knowing I have a PS4/PS3/360/Wii. Though I haven't played the Wii since 2009.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do I miss much if I play Dark Souls 1 before Demon's Souls? Are they relatively independent games or is DS1 a continuation of DeS?
    I wouldn't say there are spoilers, you just get more backstory. It's like watching Lord of the Rings vs The Hobbit. The Hobbit gives you some extra detail because it's the same world, but not necessary.

And I would actually say the story is extremely well done. They don't try to paint a huge narrative, but what's there is substantive and immersive. You actually feel like you're a tiny person in a huge world that can crush you at a moment's notice and nothing you do matters until near the very end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely start with Dark Souls (well start with Demon Souls if you have a Ps3 and can find a copy). You'll either love or hate the series if you start with Dark Souls. Then work your way up to the other two and see how the games evolve over time.

A big part of these games is the lore and if you start with DS3, you'll miss a lot of the references to the other two DS games.

Technically though, you don't have to play either of the first two DS games to enjoy DS3 but as a big fan of these games, I recommend starting with Dark Souls (and I highly recommend starting with Demon Souls).
    LOL I'm enjoying Bloodborne so much I went out and bought a PS3 just so I could play Demon's Souls next. But as you're a huge Souls fan, the The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne is a must after finishing the campaign, right?

redzero, thoughts on The Old Hunters DLC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone go through the same genre in like two months

You need to swtich it up..Play some Horizon zero dawn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nioh just came out. Looks like another Bloodborne type game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can anyone go through the same genre in like two months

You need to swtich it up..Play some Horizon zero dawn.
    How am I going to play that ? It's a month from releasing.

Besides, I played Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4 back to back to back to back to back.

Took me months though.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-04-2017 at 02:16 AM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    LOL I'm enjoying Bloodborne so much I went out and bought a PS3 just so I could play Demon's Souls next. But as you're a huge Souls fan, the The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne is a must after finishing the campaign, right?

redzero, thoughts on The Old Hunters DLC?
    The Old Hunters is an awesome DLC. Have fun with the bosses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm definitely going to buy it in a few minutes and start it today, as I think I'm pretty close to beating the game and don't want my first experience with the DLC to be in a NG+.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man that was a pretty epic DLC. The first boss (forgot his name) and Ludwig weren't too bad. Maria was hard as . The boss right before her was one of the easiest in the game. Then Orhpan of Kos ed me up a lot until I figured out when it was easy to stun him with the pistol and go in for the visceral in the first half of the fight, and then just dodge and go in for backstabs into viscerals in the second half. I liked the bump in difficulty having to fight a lot of hunters too.

I wonder how long we're going to have to wait for a sequel.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Nioh is fun so far. I beat the first boss, thought, "that was way too easy," then he gets back up and destroys me .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nioh is fun so far. I beat the first boss, thought, "that was way too easy," then he gets back up and destroys me .
    Anywhere close to as good as Bloodborne? I want to play this game, but then again I have four Souls games I want to play that I'm more excited about, so I might just snipe this game when I find it cheap somewhere since I don't expect I would play it for at least 2-3 months.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I haven't played the game enough to make that judgment. I don't know why I bought it right now, since I am not even close to finishing FFXV, and I don't like playing two games at once.

It's better than FFXV, I guess...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    God, it's going to take me a long time to get used to the controls and mechanics of Nioh. I keep trying to play it like it's Dark Souls. I died over ten times easily to the second boss because I can't get used to the combat.

On a side note, after hundreds of hours of Overwatch on PC, trying to aim a ranged weapon with a controller is a ing nightmare.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why do I even want to buy Nioh when I'm working 12 hour shifts and only getting one day off every 14 days. Once this is over, I'll get it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Demon's Souls might not have an online community anymore. They're all good, but if you want the faster paced combat, Dark Souls 3 is the closest to Bloodborne.
    red man, did you play Dark Souls 1 on PC? If so, how did you set things up with dsfix to get 60 fps? I can't get rid of this annoying screen tearing when I use dsfix-2.4 to run the game at 60 fps.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see forcing VSync in the Nvidia Control Panel fixes that. Man this game is a mess on PC. By default it runs 30 fps and the internal resolution the game is rendered at is 1024x768

It looks like a good PS2 game by default. Thankfully dsfix allows you to render at 1080p and run the game at 60 fps.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 02-21-2017 at 06:11 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Never played it on PC. If I ever want to replay the game, I'll get the PC version. My PS3 disc is missing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is Demon's Souls just a lot easier than Bloodborne, or do you think it only seems that way once you have gotten used to the series? (BB was the first one I played seriously) I killed the red dragon, some bloblike thing with a bunch of tiny blobs that throw spears, this fat demon with an axe who tries to sit on you, a fire breathing spider, and this giant knight with a huge shield and they were all less difficult than Cleric Beast.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    So, I got bored with Nioh and went back to Dark Souls 3, because I didn't finish the first DLC. I died a few times to the demon dual bosses, gave up and called it a night. I looked it up, and apparently I beat the first DLC without even realizing it, and I went straight to the new one. That's pretty cool how From connected both DLC's. I haven't seen that in a game before.

Thread Information