Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else playing this? It unlocked yesterday. The first boss alone is hard as .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather watch Spurs vs Warriors on my DVR if I need to induce anger and frustration

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol nm
    Last edited by baseline bum; 04-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hate that game. most frustrating thing I ever experienced

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    consoles
    30 fps
    that 60 fps on pc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else playing this? It unlocked yesterday. The first boss alone is hard as .
    I assume the performance is stellar on the 290x?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess so, GTX 780 and better get a basically locked 60 fps in the gamegpu.ru benchmark:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I finished Dark Souls I on the PS3, but I still haven't played II, so I need to catch up. Great series though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has a ton of crashing issues, but if you set the lighting to low, it seems to solve them. Otherwise, it's pretty well optimized. I'm about 10 hours in, and it's a mix of each of their previous games. They took ideas/mechanics/scenery/characters from Demon Souls, Dark Souls I and II, and Bloodborne and mashed them together.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to love hard ass games like these but in my old age I have gotten incredibly impatient with them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume the performance is stellar on the 290x?
    Actually it's very CPU bound atm, I'm not able to get a solid 60fps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it's very CPU bound atm, I'm not able to get a solid 60fps.
    What cpu do you have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I used to love hard ass games like these but in my old age I have gotten incredibly impatient with them.
    Its too time consuming. I f8nd the older I get the more i lean towards quick sports games or maybe fighting games. Heck, i think inhave time..u just woukd rather spend tha time watching basketball or watching youtube videos. Much more entertaining.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Even though I want another PS4 game, I couldn't justify buying DS3 on anything other than the PC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What cpu do you have?
    i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz. It's a good processor but it's 5 years old now.

I am getting right around 53-55 fps on average, with 60 steady at times and dipping down into the high 40s at times. Although I know other people with similar setups or even lesser rigs who claim to be locked at 60 as the chart shows.

Its too time consuming. I f8nd the older I get the more i lean towards quick sports games or maybe fighting games. Heck, i think inhave time..u just woukd rather spend tha time watching basketball or watching youtube videos. Much more entertaining.
    The way I see it, I'd rather play one 9.5+ game than 5 or 10 7.5 games. Dark Souls III is incredible. And massively rewarding when you kill a boss.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 04-13-2016 at 01:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz. It's a good processor but it's 5 years old now.

I am getting right around 53-55 fps on average, with 60 steady at times and dipping down into the high 40s at times. Although I know other people with similar setups or even lesser rigs who claim to be locked at 60 as the chart shows.
    Why wouldn't you overclock a 2500k man? I mean that's about the most legendary gaming cpu ever released, I see tons of people getting those to 5.0 GHz on AIO coolers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way I see it, I'd rather play one 9.5+ game than 5 or 10 7.5 games. Dark Souls III is incredible. And massively rewarding when you kill a boss.
    I have never played any of this series. Is it kind of like a much harder Witcher 3? I might check it when I finish the Dying Light expansion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never played any of this series. Is it kind of like a much harder Witcher 3? I might check it when I finish the Dying Light expansion.
    Definitely start with Dark Souls (well start with Demon Souls if you have a Ps3 and can find a copy). You'll either love or hate the series if you start with Dark Souls. Then work your way up to the other two and see how the games evolve over time.

A big part of these games is the lore and if you start with DS3, you'll miss a lot of the references to the other two DS games.

Technically though, you don't have to play either of the first two DS games to enjoy DS3 but as a big fan of these games, I recommend starting with Dark Souls (and I highly recommend starting with Demon Souls).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely start with Dark Souls (well start with Demon Souls if you have a Ps3 and can find a copy). You'll either love or hate the series if you start with Dark Souls. Then work your way up to the other two and see how the games evolve over time.

A big part of these games is the lore and if you start with DS3, you'll miss a lot of the references to the other two DS games.

Technically though, you don't have to play either of the first two DS games to enjoy DS3 but as a big fan of these games, I recommend starting with Dark Souls (and I highly recommend starting with Demon Souls).
    I don't have a PS3 so Demon Souls is out, but I do have a 360 buried in my closet for Dark Souls. There is no way I'm going to start with the old games though, I'll go back to them only if I really like this one, especially since Dark Souls II is supposed to be really buggy from what I have read. Is it an action RPG like The Witcher series though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peasants can't see more than 30 FPS anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a PS3 so Demon Souls is out, but I do have a 360 buried in my closet for Dark Souls. There is no way I'm going to start with the old games though, I'll go back to them only if I really like this one, especially since Dark Souls II is supposed to be really buggy from what I have read. Is it an action RPG like The Witcher series though?
    Dark Souls is on Steam though so you don't need to dig out the 360. It's like $20 and I recommend playing that one first instead of paying the $60 for DS3. If you really like the first DS, then you'll really like the other two. But if you don't like the first DS, then you'll more than likely not like DS2 and DS3.

I haven't played any of the Witcher series but that game looks like an open game with missions/objectives scattered around, that you pick up while traversing around? Yeah DS isn't like that. It's a little more linear but with branches and really vague as as to what you need to do in the beginning. Everything you need to do is told by the NPCs and the descriptions in the items that you pick up. There's no hand holding guiding you to your objectives in DS. There's a lot of dying but if you have the ability to pick up patterns and learn (while having patience) then these games are a blast and you actually feel like you achieve something when you beat the bosses and ultimately the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Peasants can't see more than 30 FPS anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why wouldn't you overclock a 2500k man? I mean that's about the most legendary gaming cpu ever released, I see tons of people getting those to 5.0 GHz on AIO coolers.
    I did. I even OCed it with the standard mobo recommendation (it's an ASUS with an overclocking bios built right in) and the system did, not, like it. I had to pull the battery out of the mobo and completely reset it to get it working again.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    The first boss was piss easy, by the way. Getting that anite shard on top of that coffin was harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think The Witcher is an accurate comparison. That's more of an RPG. This game is incredibly combat focused with just minimal story spritzed in for flavor.

I think the texture of the games are similar but they diverge pretty wildly from there.

Dark Souls' is allllll about the combat. And honestly it's second to none in that department. It's punishing and will make you hate life but if you approach it with the idea that you really suck at first and learn how to engage enemies, it's incredibly rewarding. Panicked button mashing will get you killed even against basic mobs that you meet everywhere -- that's one of the most beautiful things about it honestly. At first even basic creatures you face (there's a witch fairly early on that will ruin your life if you let her) are ridiculously challenging but by the time you get to the end of the game you have really mastered the art of combat. You can dart it, do damage, and understand how to manage distance, similar to how a real sword fighter would in an actual battle. DS punishes you for being sloppy and rewards you for being patient and timing your attacks well.

Thread Information