Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree but the stat heads love Kiwi ...
    And tbh some metrics favor Kiwi others Green...

I do find it interesting that some writers argued Kiwi should get it because he was the leader of a historic level defense ...but I thought metrics were meant to highlight individual contributions and a historic defense would be considered a team accomplishment?

These awards dont mean anyway and no one can argue Green got "robbed". It was close and Kiwi won ...
    No issues on my end, but I am not a Dub fan ...I just like their squad
    Raymond is the most overrated defender in the league, and possibly of all-time. And the biggest myth out there surrounding him is that he can "defend all 5 positions." The Warriors have been getting beat up by opposing 4s and 5s all season. It's only when they start swarming with help that the Warriors can keep opposing bigs in check, but the metrics will credit Raymond for those stops all the same. And as ClipperNation implied, Draymond "I can guard all 5 positions" Green didn't step out and defend Lebron, that was Iggy. And it's not like they needed Raymond to defend Love, since he was out. So Raymond was left with the monumental task of guarding Tristan Thompson and/or Mozgov, and those two absolutely dominated the paint in last year's Finals.

I have no clue how his metrics are so good. But metrics aren't perfect. They rate Manu as one of the best perimeter defenders of all-time, and Manu is a decent defender, but his metrics were obviously inflated by playing alongside Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen, and now Kawhi and Danny Green for his whole career.

You could make the same argument for Kawhi, but Kawhi has become the Spurs' defensive anchor. When he was out for a few games, the Spurs defense was hideous. Duncan is still a good paint anchor, but not much else at this stage. He can't switch. Can't really guard the league's better bigs 1-on-1. Can't close out on shooters.

Also worth mentioning is that the perimeter depth across the league is way deeper than the big depth, meaning Kawhi will be tasked with much more of a load any given night than Raymond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the mention of a has been scrub tosb is disrespecting kawhi the great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont disagree.
    however in the context of what we have been arguing here ..people have railed against team accomplishments in debating a player's worth versus another.
    Again I have no issue with KL winning I may have voted for him too ... especially based on signature defensive games which I mentioned before.
    If we are using the well that is how they decide the MVP argument ... then I would say that curry's performance vs spurs/Cavs/OKC/LAC won him that award and ...
    KL's ability to lock down Lebron and Durant won it for him ....

I just dont buy the team accomplishment answer. Just say KL was flat out the better defender ..whether it was close or not. And I do think even though KL widened the gap this year by votes I do think it was still close.

But again who cares besides Green and rabid Dubs fans.

Like i said above it's not like Green got robbed or KL should be unanimous. I think the voting was fair indication that KL was better but it wasnt some mile wide gap.
    Here's the thing: The Spurs as a team have a great defense in no small part because of Kawhi. His defensive ability is what helps make the team's defense what it is. Thus, how good the team's defense is is part of the argument. That's why I brought up why a 35-40 PPG scorer doesn't deserve MVP if his team is barely .500 or even less. If he was that valuable his team would be better. By the same token, if Green was so great, they wouldn't be bottom 10 in points allowed and closer to bottom 15 than they are to the Spurs in defensive rating, especially when you also have two other great defenders on the team who are already known for it (Bogut, Iguodala).

Imo the voting gap actually should have been bigger. Green got 73 wins votes, which had way more to do with Curry and their offense than it did Green and their defense (Which is why Curry deserves the MVP and will for sure get it). But at the end of the day, the right player won DPOY imo. It's just that I don't think Green's argument was as strong as it's being made out to be. No one should be upset by it besides the people you mentioned (Green and Warriors "fans").

Anyway, back to watching OKC choke vs the Mavs.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Here's the thing: The Spurs as a team have a great defense in no small part because of Kawhi. His defensive ability is what helps make the team's defense what it is. Thus, how good the team's defense is is part of the argument. That's why I brought up why a 35-40 PPG scorer doesn't deserve MVP if his team is barely .500 or even less. If he was that valuable his team would be better. By the same token, if Green was so great, they wouldn't be bottom 10 in points allowed and closer to bottom 15 than they are to the Spurs in defensive rating, especially when you also have two other great defenders on the team who are already known for it (Bogut, Iguodala).

Imo the voting gap actually should have been bigger. Green got 73 wins votes, which had way more to do with Curry and their offense than it did Green and their defense (Which is why Curry deserves the MVP and will for sure get it). But at the end of the day, the right player won DPOY imo. It's just that I don't think Green's argument was as strong as it's being made out to be. No one should be upset by it besides the people you mentioned (Green and Warriors "fans").

Anyway, back to watching OKC choke vs the Mavs.
    got

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Statistics show that dumber people procreate more, and smarter people procreate less. That's why the world is so ed up, man.
    I like how you're trying to be friendly. This is the thing though: I'm not friendly.

Bear Hug Defense
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I like how you're trying to be friendly. This is the thing though: I'm not friendly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again it pays off to be a quiet media friendly fake humble re ed house as opposed to a loud mouth dark skin.

This type of probably fuels Draymond though. Last DPOY resulted in a 1st round exit for Leonard while Draymond rang
    we all know you favorite dish to prepare is the meat sandwich. got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this sucking bandwagon fan

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Last time Gaymond got "snubbed" for DPOY, he disappeared in the Finals and had to be carried by Iguodala
    Spur Nation

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MJ wagged his tongue:

Kiwi bites his:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're salty about this, ain't ya ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ wagged his tongue:

Kiwi bites his:

Quesarito, i noticed you haven't talked about this gif. your god doesn't look too good in retrospect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do i need to post my "you mad" meme again? I want to but i am not an attention . I just a fair bit of mad in these most recent posts and i think it might be spot on. PLz advise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2dpoy> kirbys 12 first team all defensive, lol reputation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bandwagonging pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense. Lakerfan's new team got "slighted" here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2dpoy> kirbys 12 first team all defensive, lol reputation
    Kiwi is a great defensive player ...
    Kobe was a player who could play great defense when locked in ...

I dont tjink anyone not even Kobe fan can argue he was a better game in game out defender ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is this how he won?

Thread Information