Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    "He's enjoying his last days in Toronto because he'll leaving for Los Angeles in a few months anyways," said Smith of DeRozan.

Stephen A. Smith: DeMar DeRozan Leaving Raptors For L.A. In Offseason - RealGM Wiretap

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Back in Feb
    Originally Posted by cyberx
    Derozan to Lakers is also extremely probable this summer

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=272275&page=20

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So i guess Lakers are getting Durant as well since Stephen A Smith said so.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    O Mitch...

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There have been reports linking DeRozan to the Lakers prior to this.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Back in Feb

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=272275&page=20
    Why would he leave a 2 seed for a no seed?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There have been reports linking DeRozan to the Lakers prior to this.
    Same with Love, Wesbrook and Durant none have proven true or seem likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    For the fact he is from Compton, went to USC, play in LA with the Lakers maxing out another player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do it mitch.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    There’s mutual interest between DeRozan and Los Angeles. After the Lakers played the Raptors during December in Toronto, DeRozan gifted Bryant with a custom shoe. Last week, DeRozan debuted the new “Achilles Heel” Kobe 11 shoe on the floor during a Raptors game.

Even though he said he'd like to play for the Raptors his whole career, there would be too much money left on the table to not at least test the market. High-profile teams, including the Lakers and Nets
    , reportedly covet the dominant scorer and are willing to spend the money.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/los-angeles-lakers-demar-derozan-toronto-raptors-contract-kobe-bryant-011216

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    For the fact he is from Compton, went to USC, play in LA with the Lakers maxing out another player.
    It doesn't mean much. Kevin Love had UCLA ties too. He'll make more money staying in T-Dot and he's in a better situation there, zero chance he'll sign with the Lakers.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They also have Clarkson who can put up Derozan #'s for way less money. If anything, I can see them going after Whiteside pretty hard since he's UFA.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    It doesn't mean much. Kevin Love had UCLA ties too. He'll make more money staying in T-Dot and he's in a better situation there, zero chance he'll sign with the Lakers.
    My dude Cyberx doesn't put it out there because it's not true. He works for an agent in LA, and is where Sam Amick goes to for his sources. So you don't have to believe me. DeRozan will be a Laker though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    My dude Cyberx doesn't put it out there because it's not true. He works for an agent in LA, and is where Sam Amick goes to for his sources. So you don't have to believe me. DeRozan will be a Laker though.
    I believe that the Lakers will throw an offer sheet, but I don't believe Derozan has made up his mind he'll go to the Lakers. The Lakers have nothing to offer other than money right now.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    To be fair to Stephen A, he did say before LeBron left Cleveland he was going to Miami, then predicted he would leave to go home when absolutely no one said LeBron would leave another team. So it's not like he doesn't hear players talk.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    I believe that the Lakers will throw an offer sheet, but I don't believe Derozan has made up his mind he'll go to the Lakers. The Lakers have nothing to offer other than money right now.
    Hassan Whiteside is another Laker target, btw. So it's not like they would have nothing to offer, especially with the a top 3 Rookie.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan would make the Lakers a wonderful middle of the road team. I can support that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant will go to LAL or DC. It's no secret. Maybe a Chicago could fly in under the radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same reason Kobe took money over winning - money. He gets a chance to live in LA, with no pressure any more to win since the franchise is in the dumps and gets to mega cash in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, there are a lot of variables, but there is obviously smoke here. But it makes sense. LA has lost it's mojo for the past 3-4 years on attracting the top FA's. They aren't seemingly getting Durant/Lebron types, so moving on to the next tier (DeRozan, Whiteside, etc..) makes perfect sense. They have to sign someone.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Sure, there are a lot of variables, but there is obviously smoke here. But it makes sense. LA has lost it's mojo for the past 3-4 years on attracting the top FA's. They aren't seemingly getting Durant/Lebron types, so moving on to the next tier (DeRozan, Whiteside, etc..) makes perfect sense. They have to sign someone.
    Kupchak said himself they don't have time to just rebuild strictly through the draft. Which makes sense with what you are saying.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this. By the time we are a #2 seed in the west Derozan will be way past his prime ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They do eventually.
    But it would be smart to wait for a Superfriends level team-up rather than blowing max money on those guys.
    I still argue despite his flaws... the best use of resources is throwing the sink at Barnes. Sure, they could match and if they do their team will be locked as is and they will probably lose guys and have to replace them with ring chasers which can doesn't always work. Plus the Curry extension looms.

Barnes still has upside and even if he never realizes his full potential he can shoot and defend. if you keep the pick you can always trade Randle if you lose the pick Barnes Randle Clarkson and Druss is not bad core. Clarkson need to be a combo backup guard and Randle probably cant be a starter longterm until he improves his jumper.

Bottomline chasing big money free agents not named durant/LeBron/Westbrook is silly to me.
    Aldridge is one of the few not super duper star FA's that has (so far) proved to be worth signing to a max.

Lakers need defenders in the worst way.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They also have Clarkson who can put up Derozan #'s for way less money. If anything, I can see them going after Whiteside pretty hard since he's UFA.
    this.

Thread Information