Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His limitations showed in that second half but could definitely still be a good role player off the bench. He will be a decent pickup in the second round for someone. He had a stellar year overall, he's just not someone who can be the focal point of the offense.
    To me he seemed like he had marginal NBA athleticism and less BBIQ than I really expected. On offense it seemed like he tried to force the initiative when he shouldn't/couldn't. The Spurs don't need a guy who fits that description.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me he seemed like he had marginal NBA athleticism and less BBIQ than I really expected. On offense it seemed like he tried to force the initiative when he shouldn't/couldn't. The Spurs don't need a guy who fits that description.
    I don't know if it's true or not but I remember the broadcasters mentioning that in close situations they usually go to him driving to the basket and try to make something happen. Both drives looked bad, much like Green when he does it but I would chalk that up to bad play calling if it's true. I agree about the lack of athleticism. If he goes to Portsmouth hopefully he can redeem himself a bit as his shooting numbers were off the charts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His limitations showed in that second half but could definitely still be a good role player off the bench. He will be a decent pickup in the second round for someone. He had a stellar year overall, he's just not someone who can be the focal point of the offense.
    You never know. Villanova played passive ty basketball against Wisconsin. Hart was forcing, alone - that I agree. But in Spurs, he`d in different role. You can`t see him as potential leader of future Spurs. Look at him, as like another piece in machine. Play defense, spot up shots, unselfish passing game. He`s got all, plus he`s a vet, good kid, good leader.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metro: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: Lakers may have to trade to land Lonzo Ball Los Angeles must be willing to pay a price to draft the UCLA product
    By Matt Burke
    Published : April 24, 2017

59!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: After winning top pick, Celtics go with Duke's Jayson Tatum
    Boston has Isaiah Thomas so it can pass on guards Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball [AKA 16 May 2017]
    by Reid Forgrave 18h ago • 12 min read

29 Spurs

Josh Hart, SG, Villanova: Hart could be the Malcolm Brogdon of this draft: A guy who developed into a better and better player each of his four years in college, who is full of intangibles, and whose main attribute on the basketball court is simply that he's a winner. Does he have the athletic attributes of a lottery pick? Certainly not. But is he the type of high-IQ, hard-working consistent basketball player who could find his dream fit in San Antonio? Absolutely. Plus he's a great shooter, and nearly as solid of a wing defender as Brogdon is – one of the best perimeter defenders in this entire draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a very nice game right now against a good defensive team in Wisconsin. Definitely reminds me of Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon.

I think 6'5" is a generous listing though.
    A poor man's Malcolm Brogdon.

The Spurs already passed on the original. They may do the same this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CSN Philly: Kane's NBA mock draft 1.0: What do Sixers do at No. 3?
    By Sean Kane | Comcast SportsNet May 17, 2017 12:15 PM

29. San Antonio Spurs - Josh Hart, guard, Villanova (6-6/215)
    Hart isn't showing up in the first round in most mock drafts but I'm convinced he's first-round worthy after watching every game he played during his four years at Villanova. He is a winning player who can guard multiple positions on the perimeter. He scores in a number of ways and has an effective, if not natural looking, jump shot. The best-case scenario is a winning team like the Spurs drafting him and molding him into their program. He's exactly the type of overlooked prospect that San Antonio banks on finding late in the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2017 NBA Mock Draft: 1st Round Predictions and Biggest Boom-or-Bust Prospects
    Paul Kasabian, May 22, 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CSN Philly: Kane's NBA mock draft 1.0: What do Sixers do at No. 3?
    By Sean Kane | Comcast SportsNet May 17, 2017 12:15 PM
    CSN Philly mediot believes in Villanova prospect? Not shooting the messenger DJ just an observation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's still there at the end of the first, I hope the Spurs are pro-active about grabbing an extra second to take him. Feel that way about a couple other guys as well. Just don't know about spending a first rounder on him.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm back on the Hart train at 29. 6'5 combo guard who can shoot, drive, and pass. Ready to play now. He's 22 but his birthday is March 9. 27.5 no step vert but a 35.5 max vert. Can play next to Murray. Strong Defender. Only knock is his handle to separate for the pull up. Can clean up his shot even more but shot 40% from three. 51% from the field.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm back on the Hart train at 29. 6'5 combo guard who can shoot, drive, and pass. Ready to play now. He's 22 but his birthday is March 9. 27.5 no step vert but a 35.5 max vert. Can play next to Murray. Strong Defender. Only knock is his handle to separate for the pull up. Can clean up his shot even more but shot 40% from three. 51% from the field.
    Sounds a lot like Malcolm Brogdon but minus the old man point guard skills and defensive player of the year accolades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I really like is his high basketball IQ. This guy is not going to make the dumb mistake in the clutch. He is a compe ive force and that can compensate for a lot of physical deficiencies. That being said, I wish he had more explosiveness and athleticism but he is a smart player and would be a natural fit in our system. I think he could even potentially replace Danny Green one day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking good. If Spurs could only get their paws on Orlando's two seconds in exchange for 29. Hart + Bell could each be there at those spots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking good. If Spurs could only get their paws on Orlando's two seconds in exchange for 29. Hart + Bell could each be there at those spots.
    Trade Danny Green for both those picks 33 and 35. And have them throw Hezonja in too.

I'd like to see Hart and devin Robinson (out of Florida) taken with those picks. Keep 29 to bring in a big like DJ Wilson or the big Latvian.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be ideal (especially if Paul signs because need would exacerbate for inexpensive plug-and-play types), but Magic would have to really like player available at 29 and think he's unlikely to make it to 33.

Barring someone ranked much higher falling to 29, I think Spurs would take Bell if available, but despite what most mock drafts project, I don't think he will be.

Trade Danny Green for both those picks 33 and 35. And have them throw Hezonja in too.

I'd like to see Hart and devin Robinson (out of Florida) taken with those picks. Keep 29 to bring in a big like DJ Wilson or the big Latvian.
    Green has much better value than 2 early 2nds and a guy who isn't Spurs material, hasn't looked an NBA player in first 2 seasons, makes over $4M next season and has a $5.1M QO for the following one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be ideal (especially if Paul signs because need would exacerbate for inexpensive plug-and-play types), but Magic would have to really like player available at 29 and think he's unlikely to make it to 33.

Barring someone ranked much higher falling to 29, I think Spurs would take Bell if available, but despite what most mock drafts project, I don't think he will be.

Green has much better value than 2 early 2nds and a guy who isn't Spurs material, hasn't looked an NBA player in first 2 seasons, makes over $4M next season and has a $5.1M QO for the following one.
    I think danny is a late 1 value or 2 early 2nd rounders.

And Herzonja had talent and a change of scenery might be good for him. And playing in a better system might help him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS: NBA Mock Draft: Trail Blazers trade to get big man Lauri Markkanen at No. 6
    Reid Forgrave, 23 hours ago [AKA 11 June 2017]

29. Spurs

Josh Hart, SG, Villanova

Hart could be the Malcolm Brogdon of this draft: A guy who developed into a better and better player each of his four years in college, who is full of intangibles, and whose main attribute on the basketball court is simply that he's a winner. Does he have the athletic attributes of a lottery pick? Certainly not. But is he the type of high-IQ, hard-working consistent basketball player who could find his dream fit in San Antonio? Absolutely. Plus he's a great shooter, and nearly as solid of a wing defender as Brogdon is -- one of the best perimeter defenders in this entire draft.

Thread Information