Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Might as well get this rolling with the draft a couple of days away.

Nice to have the luxury of taking BPA in pretty much every round(RIP whoever gets selected in the 3rd). Would like them to go WR in the first to get another weapon to pair with Hopkins and help Osweiler get off to a good start.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    So Houston goes from WR's who can't run fast and drop passes to one who does run fast and drops passes.

fan ingtastic

Just for informative purposes, this looks like another O'Brien infatuation move. We saw how well that worked out with Hoyer.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count

det speed

Starting to get excited about the offense.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

det speed

With Hopkins not having to face double teams.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

det speed

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Like the draft picks so far for the Texans. Got a center to replace Ben Jones and 2 speedy WRs for the new QB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he'll still get shadow coverage imo. teams will make fuller/miller beat them as rookies

congrats your starting QB in the 3rd

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    ^ nope

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Tyler Ervin hmmm. Supposed to be a Sproles type player. They're getting kinda crazy with this speed thing lol

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Tyler Ervin hmmm. Supposed to be a Sproles type player. They're getting kinda crazy with this speed thing lol
    Sup breh...good to have more Texans fans around

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    LOVE the Reader pick. Great value. Very nice prospect as a Wilfork replacement.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Sup breh...good to have more Texans fans around
    what it do

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Reader is about the only draft pick for the Texans to get excited about...the rest are just meh.

you kidding. these guys are lightening fast. with brock's arm.....life is going to be tough on defenses.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    you kidding. these guys are lightening fast. with brock's arm.....life is going to be tough on defenses.
    osweiler has an average arm, dont be fooled by his height

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Anytime you have legit burners that backs defenders off the line, which opens up everything else. Now we see distance between defenders and the offense, that is the value of having a Randy Moss, Bob Hayes, Clif Branch. Obviously you now have quick strike potential also. Every team needs a 4.3 cat to strike fear in a defense.

Fuller scored 29 TD's in just two seasons, nearly all of them had him blowing by guys. Yep, he dropped a pass a game but averaged about seven catchs a game and a score.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Houston picked up the 4.19 guy as a UDFA...they are serious about getting faster.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    They also picked up this year's Groza Award winner, Ka’imi Fairbairn. Kid is super accurate. Didn't miss from 40 in the whole year(16-16) and even made a 60 yarder.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Houston picked up the 4.19 guy as a UDFA...they are serious about getting faster.
    Your old Oiler teams had double zero 00 Ken Burrough as one of their best ever, he was a 9.4 sprinter out of Texas Southern. They also hsd Texas sprinters Tony Jones and Herkie Walls and USC 400m man Travis Hannah. Ever heard of Texas A&I ;s Sid Blanks?

Remember Billy "White Shoes" Johnson? Ya know the one who won his conference 100 yard dash.

Post Count
    Brock had great WR's in DEN and didn't do much. Will be interesting to see if he's "unleashed" or just not that good.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Brock had great WR's in DEN and didn't do much. Will be interesting to see if he's "unleashed" or just not that good.
    he didn't have to do much, though with that defense. they didn't ask him to.

Post Count
    he didn't have to do much, though with that defense. they didn't ask him to.
    For sure - that's what I was saying. He will have to do more in HOU so we will see if they allow him to take control and if he's got the juice or if he's not any good.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    LOVE the Reader pick. Great value. Very nice prospect as a Wilfork replacement.
    I would've liked the Center Martin on the Jags. That was a good pick imo.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    O'Brien went on for a 15 minute segment to talk the draft. Just as we expected, he mentioned that all of the receivers in his offense are expected to play different roles. He wants a diverse collection of skillsets so that he can gameplan for specific weaknesses in certain defenses. It really helps to explain his thinking on the pick, and it helps to explain why they weren't really considering Treadwell or Doctson over Fuller because they both already fill the same role that Nuk and Strong do.

Also, he mentioned that Ervin was drafted to play a new position they are creating called "Edge", which is a hybrid slot receiver/running back. Their goal with him is to get him the ball in space by any means necessary, which is likely why they chose him over Booker because he would fill that specific role much better than Booker. He will also help on special teams, obviously.

I'm glad O'Brien once again demonstrated that he at least has a plan for these guys.

Thread Information