Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don't stash him if we draft him!! let him get over and learn behind LMA and the big club.

I am tired of the draft and stash. It isn't paying dividends anymore. it really only worked for manu and tony. it has busted every other time.
    He'll be 2 years away from being 3 years ready when we decide to bring him over.. if we draft him.. He seems too long and athletic for my taste..

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Consensus Ver 6.0
    By Basketball Insiders
    on June 15, 2016

2 of 4
    Alex Kennedy has joined Moke Hamilton in picking Maker for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College Spun: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: First Round 2.0
    Matt Hladik
    Thursday, Jun 16, 2016 4:56 pm

29. San Antonio Spurs – Thon Maker, F, Orangeville Prep (Canada)

Admit it, this is such a Spurs pick. The 19-year-old Maker is a raw, somewhat unknown foreign prospect who needs time to develop. The Spurs have made a living stockpiling guys like this and turning them into productive players.

Maker’s absurd high school mixtape and 7-foot-1 frame drew lazy Kevin Durant comparisons, but it’s seemingly impossible that he reaches that level of s om. He could, however, turn into a useful NBA player in time, and what better franchise to help him grow than the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a fan of this pick. Would much rather take a scoring guard for the bench like Malik Beasley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fansided: Nothin' But Nets: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Bender and Hield Both Drop
    by Jay Siskin 1 hour ago [aka 21 June 2016]

Thon Maker

PF/C, Australia

With the uncertainty around Tim Duncan’s future, the San Antonio Spurs would welcome more depth in the front court with Thon Maker.

Maker is still mostly an unknown in the sense that he’s never played basketball consistently against high-level compe ion, but the Spurs organization is one of the best at developing young players. Maker declaring for the draft was a mistake, in the words of many, but it would be great for him as a player if he ended up in San Antonio, Texas. He measured, tested and interviewed well at the NBA combine.

As noted, the Spurs have had great success in years past with developing players with holes in their game. The Spurs are confident they can turn any prospect into a quality NBA player, especially Maker. He possesses a combination of raw potential and work ethic, which are things the Spurs are always looking for in young talent. If he is available at number 29, the Spurs may grab him with a view to further his development behind Lamarcus Aldridge and Duncan and in the D-League next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: 2016 NBA Mock Draft: Jonathan Wasserman's Final 2-Round Predictions
    By Jonathan Wasserman , NBA Lead Writer Jun 23, 2016

New quote.

At No. 29, the San Antonio Spurs won't find anyone ready to make an impact in 2016-17. This is a solid spot on the board for Thon Maker, who'd benefit from San Antonio's veteran culture and respected coaching staff.

The Spurs aren't working on many big projects at the moment; They have room to add Maker and slowly develop him. And with 7'0 ¾" size, bounce, some outside touch and a live motor, the upside is worth the risk this late.

Maker is expected to work out in San Antonio, per the San Antonio Express-News' Jabari Young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently he could be 23-24 years old.

I don't know what's going on there, but that seems like an issue, might be that someone wants him to fall lower, who knows...

Last edited by JuneJive; 06-23-2016 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Few Good Mics: 2016 NBA Mock Draft
    Thomas Mooney Jun 23, 2016

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ Bucks spending a lottery pick on Taribo West II

Transition 3 Willbreaker Captivus's Avatar
    My Team