Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    After losing Josh Norman, we left a big gap at DB. Despite this, Gettleman seems to have the "best man available" tactic for the draft as he did the past few year. Hargreaves is a very intriguing pick for me, but it's been pretty much dead on confirmed that the Panthers are looking at Derrick Henry, running back from Alabama, to go in the first to Charlotte.

With the DB position looking pretty scarce, there is some reason for hope. Bene Benwikere has slowly progressed into a great #2 corner, who will be looking to take over the DB position. Peanut Tillman will return for another year, but there's big questions whether or not he could start at age 36. Tre Boston was a very promising player at safety, but there are rumors of him moving to nickel if he doesn't land the starting safety spot.

The front seven is Carolina's bread and butter, and with Charles Johnson taking a huge discount, this primes Kony Ealy to have a breakout year. In addition, we signed Paul Saoteleli (sp) to be depth behind Star and Kawann Short. That is a very underrated pick-up.

Offensively, we also have draft needs at OL and TE. Some expect us to take T. Henry, TE from Arkansas first round. Olsen is getting older, and we need to plan for the future - just in case.

Corey Coleman also looks like a promising receiver to fall. I don't expect us to take a receiver in round one, but it is certainly food for thought. Additionally. Kelvin Benjamin and Stephen Hill plan to return next year from devastating ACL tears. They both will get burn in at receiver, and I think it is expected to see them contribute right away.

I predict us to go 12-4, with losses to Seattle, Oakland, Arizona and Tampa Bay. I could see us losing to Denver too.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not sold on Derrick Henry at the NFL level. He doesn't have those quicks, it takes him too long to get up to speed, and he's not real nifty or elusive. This running over people thing won't work in this league.

I do see your 12-4 as being realistic and would lean more 13-3 than 11=5. With healthy receivers things will go far better for Newton, who did great without them.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sold on Derrick Henry at the NFL level. He doesn't have those quicks, it takes him too long to get up to speed, and he's not real nifty or elusive. This running over people thing won't work in this league.

I do see your 12-4 as being realistic and would lean more 13-3 than 11=5. With healthy receivers things will go far better for Newton, who did great without them.

Looks pretty quick to me.
    Last edited by chunticakes; 04-28-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looks pretty quick to me.
    Then ya haven't see him play. His game is his size and power, which works great facing a couple NFL caliber college defenders a week. Totally different deal at the NFL level. He's not quick, and if you ever saw him play you'd know this.

Look at how many times he had huge spaces to run in there. Few times did he have to get creative which is where the quicks come into play. He's like Herschel Walker not Barry Sanders.

Don't gt me wrong, this is a big guy with power and good long range speed, a guy I talked about being a huge star as a frosh. But in the NFL he needs to be quicker with his cuts.
    Last edited by Avante; 04-28-2016 at 03:00 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Then ya haven't see him play. His game is his size and power, which works great facing a couple NFL caliber college defenders a week. Totally different deal at the NFL level. He's not quick, and if you ever saw him play you'd know this.

Well I'll give you that. I saw him vs Clemson and I saw his fat ass outrun that defense a few times. I also saw him in the combine. His explosiveness for someone that size impressed me. He doesn't strike me as a pure power back a la Brandon Jacobs, tbh..

I think in the right environment he can succeed. Give him a strong line that can open up some holes and I think he can help grind down defenses.

Imagine having that bowling ball coming at you in the 4th when you're tired as .

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What's you take on Elliott Avante?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here we have the total package, the perfect NFL RB. The kid has that burst, great vision*** and quick feet, he can catch the ball and will stick his nose in there to protect his QB. A complete player who will only get better, a can't miss.

*** this is something that is God given it cannot be coached up, the greats have it the others not so much, it's that abilty to go where the bad guys aren;t, it's all about colors, your instincts coming into play here. You see the opposing teams colors and your body takes over, you do not have time to think and plot.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Would rather draft the o-line, d-line, or secondary before taking Henry, tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    long range speed and short area quickness are entirely different. henry doesnt have much of the latter, kinda like eddie lacy. he's faster than him, certainly

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Would rather draft the o-line, d-line, or secondary before taking Henry, tbh

O-line and secondary, yep. D line, nope.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think they might be the ones to grab hardy for peanuts.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    long range speed and short area quickness are entirely different. henry doesnt have much of the latter, kinda like eddie lacy. he's faster than him, certainly
    That's been my comparison of Henry all along. Since Lacy has been the #1 bellcow on the Quackers, their offense hasn't been the same as it was before.

At least Brandon Jacobs won rings. The Giants didn't have an Elliott, Peterson or Emmitt Smith type elite one-cut mid size RB, but they had Jacobs who was a stout power back from 2007-2011 and Bradshaw who was a very good change of pace back during that time as well. Their pass rushers won them the championships though, don't get me wrong on that, Tyree and Manningham made amazing lucky catches but they wouldn't have been there without that DL

I think they might be the ones to grab hardy for peanuts.
    Hardy on the other side of Bosa should be a good influence. Also pick up Ray Rice to back up Gordon, Rice is still under 30. Philip Rivers is declining and never was great, so they should consider signing Johnny Football to be his heir apparent at QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^ I hope for your sake you can tell that that post in the Chargers thread was a joke, right?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    After not posting updates for a few weeks, I've decided to post my first extended write-up. This is due to the consideration that training camp dates have been set, and we are getting our first looks at players that are impressing or not impressing.

Cam Newton is looking to build on a great season last year with a chip on his shoulder. Following the Super Bowl, he has received a lot of criticism, and to some extent rightfully so. He has looked sharper lately in OTA's after shedding off some understandable rust. This year he has two receivers returning to an underrated receiving corps. Those two receivers are Kelvin Benjamin and Stephen Hill. Most already know the impact suggested for Benjamin's return, but most do not see the improvement Stephen Hill, a 6'4 receiver with 4.30 fourty-yard dash speed has had since recovering last year with his ACL. He was a huge stand-out in training camp last year, and he has looked to improve even further while taking the year off. Kelvin even attributed Stephen Hill's work ethic when it came down to his rehab on his own torn ACL.

With that being said, offensively the breakout player this year has been suggested to be Devin Funchess. Wide receiver coach Ricky Proehl has indicated that Funchess has improved to the point where he could be a legitimate challenge for Benjamin's #1 spot by the end of training camp. While that is largely irrelevant, the improvement of Funchess should not be underestimated. Funchess over the second half of last year made a remarkable difference in the Panthers offense, notably in the redzone. With his improvement over his drops, it helped raise Newton's completion percentage remarkably after the game against the Packers.

On the offensive line, the main question is whether or not Mike Remmers will get the start or if second year right tackle Daryl Williams will take over. Williams looked promising before getting injured week one against the Jaguars last year on the first snap. Ryan Khalil and Mike Oher got three year extensions a piece over the offseason.

The biggest question mark is the secondary of the defense. After getting three corners in the draft, it looks to be third round pick Daryl Worley from West Virginia who will start opposite to Bene "Big Play" Benwikere. The second round pick Bradberry figures to start in the nickle. There has been other players that are pushing for that spot, as Robert McClain, who started last year after Peanut Tillman's injury, is a front-runner, as is hard-hitting fifth round pick Zack Sanchez. Peanut Tillman is still technically signed to the team, but will not be able to return for another 2-3 months minimum.

The front seven of Carolina somehow got even deeper with the addition of first round DT pick Vernon Butler. Butler looks to be a depth player this year, but undoubtedly could start for almost any team in the league. They also added veteran presence Paul Saolelei, who started for the ATL Falcons last year. With Charles Johnson taking a huge paycut, he was able to stay on the team, and will be fielded beside a poised-to-breakout Kony Ealy. Ealy played tremendous in the Super Bowl after recording a career high in sacks off the bench. Another breakout star is Shaq Thompson, who has looked great himself in OTA's. He will be seeing a big rise in play calls this year with the lack of cornerbacks to religiously play cover three, like the Panthers like. Keuchly and Davis just recently hit the field after nursing offseason minor surgeries.

Predicted depth chart after OTA's:
    QB: Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Joe Webb
    HB: Jonathan Stewart, Cam Artis-Payne
    FB: Mike Tolbert
    WR1: Kelvin Benjamin
    WR2: Devin Funchess
    WR3 (slot): Ted Ginn Jr., Stephen Hill, Philly Brown
    TE: Greg Olsen, Ed son
    LT: Michael Oher
    LG: Andrew Norwell
    C: Ryan Kalil
    RG: Trai Turner
    RT: Daryl Williams/Mike Remmers

LE: Kony Ealy, Mario Addison
    RE: Charles Johnson
    DT: Star Loutleiei, Vernon Butler
    DT: Kawann Short, Paul Saolelei
    SLB: Shaq Thompson, AJ Klein
    MLB: Luke Keuchly
    WLB: Thomas Davis
    CB1: Bene Benwikere
    CB2: Robert McClain/Daryl Worley
    Nickle: Bradberry, Colin Jones
    FS: Tre Boston
    SS: Kurt Coleman

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Gman is jewing it with KK and his next contract just like he did with Norman last year. Probably the reason he drafted Butler in the first round. All our home grown talent is gonna get paid elsewhere while he's running the team

Post Count
    Redemption is my word for 2016. But I can share. Good luck to your team though. But defense wins championships. I won't say my team, but thanks for Norman! Lol.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

Weird Cam Newton penalty costs the Panthers' defense a TD vs. Ravens

The Panthers quarterback might want to study the rulebook before the season starts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/we...-td-vs-ravens/

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    SuperCam sure looks good having #13 back out there. Funchess is going to have a break out year. Hopefully Stewart can stay healthy this year, that's a big emphasis on our year this year.

For those on the outside, here's every pass from week two. The offense is looking great. The defense as well, with a little trouble on the outside man-on-man coverages.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    SuperCam sure looks good having #13 back out there. Funchess is going to have a break out year. Hopefully Stewart can stay healthy this year, that's a big emphasis on our year this year.

For those on the outside, here's every pass from week two. The offense is looking great. The defense as well, with a little trouble on the outside man-on-man coverages.

NFC offenses are going to be insane.....

- Seattle's new high octane iden y
    - Green Gay: Nelson is back
    - Carolina: Benjamin is back
    - Dallas: Romo, Dez back, add Elliott and Morris. 'Nuff said
    - Arizona: Still have the best receiving corps in NFL
    - New York: Close behind AZ in that department, Eli overdue

Only potential playoff team that doesn't really have a high powered offense is the Vikings. And they just added Treadwell, the best receiver in the draft.

I definitely see all 4 divisions (a refreshing change from recent memory) each fielding at least one team with 11 wins, maybe 12. The NFC is insanely deep this year, the offenses are awesome, barring major injury this is going to be one of a year for NFC football, the best we've seen in a long time.
    I can also see at least one 11-5 team getting left out of the NFC playoffs this year, given the schedules (I've analyzed it all)

However, we cannot say the same thing about the AFC, which has likely gotten worse overall over the offseason. Broncos will struggle to make the playoffs and break .500, Chiefs will be the same (good but pretenders), Bengals will be worse, Ravens will be in the mix again, Steelers might be better.

It's Patriots and the field this year in the AFC, for the umpteenth time in the past couple decades. Offensively, them and likely the Steelers are the only teams with anything resembling dangerous offensive attacks. The other teams have pretty good defenses but will struggle offensively -- not the best football. And the AFC just isn't deep this year.
    I can definitely see at least one 9-7 team making the playoffs as a wildcard this year. Division winners, outside of the Patriots, likely won't win more than 11 games based on schedules, and some might only win 10 or worse.

In sum, NFC >>>>> AFC for 2016.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Bradberry looks ready to go, gettlejew does it again

Cash looks like he'll force his way onto the 53 according to insiders, and shaq has taken the sop re leap. Could be the strongest LB corps of all time, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i heard he had a good game vs the pats

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    already ting the bed against PRESEASON defenses. 2 picks

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    props to for completing over 50% of his passes today

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    I predict us to go 12-4

Thread Information