Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When teams start doing things that are unusual for them it's time to take notice. The Raiders don't usually win back to back road games. We have to go back to 2011 to find them pulling that off.

Being realistic.

Beat KC/SD at home.
    Lose one of the next back to back on the road ve the inferior Jags/Bucs

Win 3-of those 4.

Lose to Denver.

Maybe lose to Houston in Mexico.

Win one of these two home games vs Carolina/Buffalo

Could lose both back to back on the road vs KC/SD.

THREE...double road situations????

Beat Indy at home.

Lose at Denver.

9-7?

2017 a legit AFC contender.

Veteran
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I like the way this team is definately going.
    I like coach with big balls.
    I like chemistry that this team clearly have.

Good days ahead Raiders fans.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    4-1, temporarily atop the AFC-W

next 4 games: vs KC, @ Jaguars, @ Bucs, vs Denver... then they go into the bye

the AFC lacks depth... after the broncos/pats/steelers, there is nobody particularly threatening. getting a win against KC to widen the gap there (and get a division/conference win) would put us in a great spot. still pretty sure denver wins the division, but keeping KC off our heels will be big going forward, especially since we already own a potential tiebreaker with baltimore if we want to look that far ahead. the raiders started last season 4-2 but ended up finishing 3-7 to wrap things up. things look different, though, as carr is playing at a much higher level

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Nevada assembly approved the stadium legislation!

All that's left iirc is the league approval in February

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Andy Reid is 15-2 coming off a bye week. 3-1 last 4 vs Raiders.

Raiders haven't won 4 in a row in over a decade.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Thought we were gonna tie, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carr is the most clutch QB this side of Brady

Raiders' record in those early road games is extremely impressive, no lie, tbh..

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ing Texans.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    AFC-W has a pretty good shot of sending 3 teams to the playoffs. raiders/broncos/chiefs all have 2 losses... other wild card contenders all have 4 or more.

i'm driving up for Broncos @ Raiders next week and then we have a bye.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They really do need to beat a "good" team. As we saw once in with the Chiefs, ouch~~~~ Obviously they won't be winning both Broncos games.

Being as real as possible.

beat Denver?
    beat Houston in Mexico City
    beat Carolina
    beat Buffao

they will lose one of those.

lose at KC
    could lose at SD
    beat Indy
    lose at Denver

so.....11-5 and a playoff spot.

Derek Carr is the real deal, and the Raiders are two seasons away from being a serious/legit SB contender.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i think denver is a horrible matchup for the raiders, unfortunately... carr struggled against them twice last year, and we only beat them once because Mack had the best game of his career with 5 sacks including a strip in the end zone. the other takeaway from that game was that the raiders only offensive success came when they targeted tight ends heavily, which makes sense because challenging harris and talib outside is never going to be a recipe for success, even as great as cooper/crabtree/carr have been.

the raiders o-line is one of the better pass protecting units in the league, but even they haven't been able to handle denver's pass rush, giving up 3 and 4 sacks in the two meetings last year. one thing carr has improved upon so well this year, though, is having that natural pocket feel/movement that brady seems to do so well. if the raiders interior OL can hold up, it could mitigate the edge rushing. ever since lee smith went down against baltimore, the raiders have been using more 6 OL sets, too, which should help against Denver's front.

on the other side, the broncos really don't do much... so as long as the raiders dont have blatant breakdowns in coverage and can avoid 3rd down penalties, it shouldn't be problematic, and Mack has been rounding into shape in recent weeks.

i'll be at the game, but unfortunately i think denver takes it. my guess is the raiders will find themselves down by a possession late, and the broncos D makes a huge play like a strip/sack or a pick-6 to ice it. that said, it would be awfully sweet to be enjoying a huge win during the drive back home. 7-2 heading into the bye would basically make them a lock to make the playoffs

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    aldon smith eligible for reinstatement in 2 weeks... hopefully his dumb periscope weed video doesn't cost him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    aldon smith eligible for reinstatement in 2 weeks... hopefully his dumb periscope weed video doesn't cost him
    If that doesn't then he'll find something else to himself over with. What could've been...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    7-2 going into the bye with a huge win

Chiefs are still a problem as they're 1 win behind us, but playoffs looking incredibly likely.

Also wow what a game to be at. I drive up to Oakland every year for one game, and the last time I saw a win was when Andrew Walter beat the Steelers in 2006 tbh

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    bye week gonna be boring, Chiefs are at Carolina and Broncos are at New Orleans. Would be nice to get some help with the division race being so tight.

remaining games...

vs Houston (in Mexico City, Monday night)
    vs Panthers
    vs Bills
    at Chiefs (Thursday night)
    at Chargers
    vs Colts
    at Broncos

all the remaining road games are divisional. KC is our toughest matchup, but luckily we get them on a thursday where it's always a show and maybe we benefit from that. no real cupcake games left, but outside of denver/KC, none are really daunting either

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    bye week gonna be boring, Chiefs are at Carolina and Broncos are at New Orleans. Would be nice to get some help with the division race being so tight.

remaining games...

vs Houston (in Mexico City, Monday night)
    vs Panthers
    vs Bills
    at Chiefs (Thursday night)
    at Chargers
    vs Colts
    at Broncos

all the remaining road games are divisional. KC is our toughest matchup, but luckily we get them on a thursday where it's always a show and maybe we benefit from that. no real cupcake games left, but outside of denver/KC, none are really daunting either
    As long as Del Rio/Carr are there and the owner wants to $$$$$$ win, I see the Raiders becoming a perennial SB contender. This season just a playoff spot would work. Another draft, a stud free agent or two and it's good times again for the Raider Nation.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Carr is the most clutch QB this side of Brady

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    spurraider21 we back

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I think Carolina gets the upset off an Oakland short week. No Kuechly will obviously alter my perception for this game

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Carolina gets the upset off an Oakland short week. No Kuechly will obviously alter my perception for this game
    should be a good game. the raiders record doesn't reflect the team's flaws at all, and panthers have played better as of late. still, have you ever gone into a game on this site NOT thinking the panthers would win?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    should be a good game. the raiders record doesn't reflect the team's flaws at all, and panthers have played better as of late. still, have you ever gone into a game on this site NOT thinking the panthers would win?
    touchee

Should go down to has the ball last

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    touchee

Should go down to has the ball last
    i really don't think carolina is that good though... their 4 wins came against the niners, cardinals, rams, and saints. they've also been garbage on the road this year (1-3). the equalizer here is that the raiders will be coming off a short week/travel and the panthers haven't played since last thursday.

panthers run D has been top tier, but their secondary has played like . their pass rush is nice, but the raiders OL is right up there with the cowboys as far as pass protection (cowboys line is much better/more consistent in the run game).

raiders defense has been pretty ty and made osweiler look good, but cam has had a pretty bad year and throws picks. panthers O needs to be clicking to make this a game

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    the raiders D has been pretty poor for a good part of the season, so them stinking it up against houston wasn't that frustrating, it's expected.

what IS unnerving is that we've been dropping a lot of passes, and that's not really excusable for a team built around throwing the ball. crabtree's best asset to the team since he got here has been his sure hands, so having him drop passes like he did is pretty draining.

this is an easy catch for anybody, plain and simple... killed an early drive

this one isn't an "easy" catch, but he had ample separation and the defender didn't touch him, so it wasn't really contested either. luckily this came on 2nd down, and he was able to draw a PI on the next play. we settled for a FG however, when he could have just caught the TD in the first place

and this was on a 4th down, so an absolute drive killer. not so much a drop, more of a slip. crabtree has been a great possession receiver since he fights BACK for the ball all the time instead of watching the ball come to him. unfortunately here, he lost his footing and wasn't able to get back to the ball, giving the DB a chance to make the play. hard to get mad for a slip/stumble, but when he had the bad game he did, these little things become more frustrating. this could have given us a lead going into the half. he had the defender beat, just has to get back to the ball like he usually does

and lastly we have seth roberts, who does drop a lot of balls, but usually makes up for it with a clutch or gw catch later. this isn't an "easy" catch either, but again, you cant waste a perfect throw when you get 2 hands on the ball like that. it's not even as though he lost the ball when going down, it was a clean drop.

raiders O needs to stop beating itself, as otherwise they're a juggernaut

Im not a Texans fan but wow Texans got robbed 3 times...Hopkins didn't run out of bounds...and the running back made the first down twice ......not once but twice lol......Make the videos of that.....gotta see it again lol....ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information