Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had to repeat it for emphasis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure where he's going to fit long-term, but he seems like a really good pick at 29. He was my second choice there, but that's fine. Very glad that he will be there in the summer league to work on PnRs with Milutinov and kickouts to Bertans. Hope the team finds a way to pick up another draft pick, but if Hanga, LJC, Cady and Ndyoe all join the squad, it should be a lot of fun regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I had this pick very early. He was one of the first guys that caught my attention, but he was all over in the mock drafts. He then started rising, and I looked at other guards I liked. I am obviously happy with the pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not sure where he's going to fit long-term, but he seems like a really good pick at 29. He was my second choice there, but that's fine. Very glad that he will be there in the summer league to work on PnRs with Milutinov and kickouts to Bertans. Hope the team finds a way to pick up another draft pick, but if Hanga, LJC, Cady and Ndyoe all join the squad, it should be a lot of fun regardless.
    Definitely. He will be fun to watch. I suspect he will get on Pop's doghouse often with a bit of wild play, but he has a lot more upside than Simmons for example and is a solution long term, IMO.
    Why do you not see him fitting him long term I have to wonder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely. He will be fun to watch. I suspect he will get on Pop's doghouse often with a bit of wild play, but he has a lot more upside than Simmons for example and is a solution long term, IMO.
    Why do you not see him fitting him long term I have to wonder.
    I don't know if he and Anderson will fit together on the bench, and if he can't shoot, then he and Kawhi may not fit together, either. He has a needed skill-set for sure. But I'd like him to be more than a one-on-one player. This was a pick hoping for a starter. This isn't just looking for some cheap play like with Joseph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love it. Kid has star potential. Body needs to fill out and he needs to get stronger and that will come with time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if long term he's a 2 as opposed to 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be great if he would go to Europe and play for at least one year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ It won't happen. Even as raw as he is, local NCAA kids that are drafted in the first round don't typically agree to get stashed. They have a right to a guaranteed 2 year contract. Specially guys like this, who just fell to the Spurs and there was no prior agreement to the draft or a draft promise.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Develop him the NBDL. Keep him close. he can get called up every once in a while to the big club to practice and get a few minutes a game. Sending him to Europe is not a very good idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wouldn't be great at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Enough with the draft n stash. This kid needs on-court NBA experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny reading the opinions about this kid on other boards.

A lot of guys say that he should have stayed at least 1 more season in college, but at the same time they acknowledge that he has a really high upside (boom or bust prospect) and he probably landed in the best possible place for him.

Even though he was not my favorite target, I like this pick a lot. I was kind of tired (and bored tbh) about those "role player ceiling" stashed picks. Even if the kid doesn't pan out, he's worth the shot with that late pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny reading the opinions about this kid on other boards.

A lot of guys say that he should have stayed at least 1 more season in college, but at the same time they acknowledge that he has a really high upside (boom or bust prospect) and he probably landed in the best possible place for him.

Even though he was not my favorite target, I like this pick a lot. I was kind of tired (and bored tbh) about those "role player ceiling" stashed picks. Even if the kid doesn't pan out, he's worth the shot with that late pick.
    Very well put and I agree. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft especially with the 29th pick. The fact they went mega young at a position of need and it looks like the player is hanging around to develop is awesome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ It won't happen. Even as raw as he is, local NCAA kids that are drafted in the first round don't typically agree to get stashed. They have a right to a guaranteed 2 year contract. Specially guys like this, who just fell to the Spurs and there was no prior agreement to the draft or a draft promise.
    Does anybody have an idea how much contact we had with Dijon prior to the draft? As he was expected to be drafted much higher than our pick, I am guessing that we had much less contact with him than some other prospects. Bet he was pretty surprised not only that he fell so far but also that he fell to the Spurs. Seems like a perfect situation for him. I am not so sure it is perfect for the Spurs, but as a fan I am hopeful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anybody have an idea how much contact we had with Dijon prior to the draft? As he was expected to be drafted much higher than our pick, I am guessing that we had much less contact with him than some other prospects. Bet he was pretty surprised not only that he fell so far but also that he fell to the Spurs. Seems like a perfect situation for him. I am not so sure it is perfect for the Spurs, but as a fan I am hopeful.
    The team interviewed him. In fact, I believe they were the first team to do so (by coincidence).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on RC's comments, SA did not work him out, but scouts had seen him play all year and RC flew to CLE to interview him in his agent's office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC said Dejounte did not attend a workout with the team (neither did Kawhi or Kyle for that matter, they were all expected to be out of range from Spurs). RC elaborated that by now they have gotten used to not getting access or workouts with players like this who are expected to be taken higher. I remember the only access they had to Kyle prior to the draft was an interview he had with the team staff at the draft combine. With Dejounte, RC said the only access they had to him was a visit at his agent's office in Cleveland bc his agency restricted access to him. (I inferred from that they had to fly to Cleveland to meet him in person bc he wasn't available at the draft combine even for interviews like other prospects.)

Thread Information