Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    One of the bigger busts in NFL draft history at the quarterback position is well on his way to turning his life around, but Ryan Leaf says he sees his younger self in recently released former Browns QB Johnny Manziel.

"I can relate totally to what he's going through," Leaf said Monday morning on FOX & Friends. "I've said it's like holding up a mirror sometimes, seeing the behaviors that he's exhibiting."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/r...ion-fox-050216

Difference is I thought Leaf was going to be good in the NFL when he was drafted, I knew Manziel would suck and was not an NFL QB.. He was a higher pick too, Leaf was hyped up beyond belief and a no miss at the time so to speak. Manziel was never built like an NFL QB IMO either. Russell Wilson is not I know and around the same height but that dude has brains and actually works hard on his game and maximized his talents.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Leaf also came out of a program which had produced multiple NFL QBs two of which who went to Super Bowls (Rypien, Bledsoe). I think what really hurt Leaf the most was being forced to start right away and having poor success including his horrendous 3rd game at a very good and very tough KC which produced his first meltdown in the league. The Chargers didn't have any viable veteran options to start, but instead Craig Whelihan a.k.a "Wheels".

Thread Information