Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After 14 other teams passed on him...
    Yeah, no one knew Kawhi would be the best 2-way player in the game, especially not Spurs fans.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    After 14 other teams passed on him...
    Sure they passed on him but it was indy that traded him away PG and Kiwi might be faves in the east over LeBron ...but we will never know ...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    To be fair maybe kiwis offense develops slower in Indy ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn't a highly touted player coming out of college, Hill was traded for a 14th pick, and at that point, it was a right price.

It was a horrible decision in retrospect even though George Hill was worth the 14th pick in most drafts, Kawhi just performed beyond all expectations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi wasn't a highly touted player coming out of college, Hill was traded for a 14th pick, and at that point, it was a right price.

It was a horrible decision in retrospect even though George Hill was worth the 14th pick in most drafts, Kawhi just performed beyond all expectations.
    Exactly they traded for a pick right? There was a chance he could have been taken before the 14th. Not to mention Khawi might not be the same player if he got drafted by another team seeing as how the Spurs have developed talent. Cojo was a scrub that the Spurs developed into a pretty solid player. The Pacers probably wouldn't have even selected Leonard if they had the pick so the point is moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think indiana made a mistake. he's nothing special but he's average/passable which is better than anybody they're going to replace him with

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird traded Kiwi for George Hill ...Bird should fire himself for that tbh ...
    Leonard was an undersized 4 with a completely broken jump shot. No one could have reasonably predicted his career trajectory becoming what it has. I don't think the Spurs even worked him out before the draft and thought best case scenario was getting another Bruce Bowen. Look at how he was rated at the time:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kawhi-leonard

And getting Hill for a mid first round pick in what most considered a really weak draft isn't bad. And the Spurs made the deal largely because they weren't going to pay a backup point guard $8 million a year and Hill wasn't good enough to dump a prime Parker for. As much as we all like to tout RC's greatness, this was largely luck on the GM side of the equation. Of course it was anything but on the work Kawhi and the assistant coaches put in.

The Ginobili pick was luck too. Now the Parker pick was brilliant, Buford badly wanted him and tried to trade into the lottery and then into the late teens to get him.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 05-05-2016 at 06:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

GM Bird

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus. It's the same recycled garbage from team to team. I'd like to see fresh blood brought up from College, from overseas, from somewhere other than other failed experiments. It's like saying you remodeled your home when all you did was move the furniture from room to room and paint the walls. "hey this should raise our home's value"

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I bet it ends up being Mark Jackson since he played for Bird & can claim to have developed Curry/Klay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet it ends up being Mark Jackson since he played for Bird & can claim to have developed Curry/Klay.
    Bird wants up-tempo. He'll go with Mike D.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Bird wants up-tempo. He'll go with Mike D.
    D'Antoni's system is useless without an elite point guard, G-Hill:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    D'Antoni's system is useless without an elite point guard, G-Hill:
    Raven was laughing at me defending him on offense in the Rox thread ...
    But if you want a vet coach who is proven to run uptempo DMC is right that is where Bird will probably go.

Thread Information