Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only ref in position to make that call was Davis, and he blew it, along with three other mistakes on that final play. Incompetent at best, crooked at worst.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan needs to quit the ing crying. It was a foul, but how much better could things have turned out on that play? Instead of having to make a difficult inbounds pass they had control of the ball anyways with 10 seconds left and OKC scrambling like and not in any position to defend the play. The Spurs choked. Manu shouldn't have made that pass and Mills should have hit that wide open shot. I hope the players are willing to take a lot more responsibility for this loss than our fanbase wants to assign them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't see it even though Davis handed the ball to Waiters and was standing out of bounds right next to him with clear view of Manu/Watiers.

OK!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TNT guys spouted technical; but it seems like a tech is rarely called on a basketball play. That tends to be reserved for extracaricular activities. I wasn't sure if it may also have qualified as a dead ball foul applicalbe to one shot. For instance, intentionally fouling an offensive man without the ball is a one shot and the ball foul.
    I was talking with a buddy after a game who is a D1 ref, he couldn't believe they didn't call the offensive foul call. He thought the whole 'never seen it before' explanation was crap, said they should have called Waiters for either the ball being extended over the sideline or jumping to pass (travel).

Davis screwed that last play up about every way possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fan needs to quit the ing crying. It was a foul, but how much better could things have turned out on that play? Instead of having to make a difficult inbounds pass they had control of the ball anyways with 10 seconds left and OKC scrambling like and not in any position to defend the play. The Spurs choked. Manu shouldn't have made that pass and Mills should have hit that wide open shot. I hope the players are willing to take a lot more responsibility for this loss than our fanbase wants to assign them.
    Spurs still had a timeout. So if they got pressure on the inbound, they had at least a timeout to try again. They could have had a set play instead of having Danny/Mills against a defense that was still able to contest.

Ya, I would take that call please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty seemed to own up to it in the postgame, and Manu said it wasn't the difference in the game.

I'm far more worried about Patty's continued struggles than the game to game eff and flow for the Spurs so far in this postseason. If Patty's going to continue to shoot at college bench wing percentages this postseason, gonna be a short series against Golden State (still not worried about this series).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs still had a timeout. So if they got pressure on the inbound, they had at least a timeout to try again. They could have had a set play instead of having Danny/Mills against a defense that was still able to contest.

So Pop could have called the timeout. But he didn't because the Spurs were in a way better position to score without OKC having setup their defense. You only want the timeout because you can condition on knowledge the Spurs already blew the game without it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that Marc Davis is refereeing this game is a ing joke. That guy is ing terrible. He has no place officiating a playoff game.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la...131-story.html
    Three company men getting the best tag? That's Lebron, Curry etc approving of the cheating. Scott Foster and Marc Davis are sh** though. They got that right. Lauren Holtkamp is one of the best officials in the association; maybe the best. She's in the face of misogyny though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed, not taking the timeout was probably the most maddening piece of the whole sequence. Pretty significant error by a veteran club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh. Don't start slow at ing home. Make those easy layups which the Spurs missed a million of in the first quarter. Make your free throws, etc... This game was NOT won or lost because of that no call. , the Spurs even got the steal and a ING THREE ON ONE FAST BREAK and blew it. This team does not deserve to win.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking with a buddy after a game who is a D1 ref, he couldn't believe they didn't call the offensive foul call. He thought the whole 'never seen it before' explanation was crap, said they should have called Waiters for either the ball being extended over the sideline or jumping to pass (travel).

Davis screwed that last play up about every way possible.
    The explanation is crap. The player can jump though, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's normal travel rules; have to keep a pivot. If he landed before passing, it's a travel. Did he land and throw it? Then yes, it'd be an obvious travel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Pop could have called the timeout. But he didn't because the Spurs were in a way better position to score without OKC having setup their defense. You only want the timeout because you can condition on knowledge the Spurs already blew the game without it.
    If we had an offensive foul called then we give the ball to Aldridge and take a 2-0 series lead. We got fukt.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was OKC in the bonus, btw? That's free throws if so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The explanation is crap. The player can jump though, I believe. I'm pretty sure it's normal travel rules; have to keep a pivot. If he landed before passing, it's a travel. Did he land and throw it? Then yes, it'd be an obvious travel.
    NBA rule 10:

Section IV-Thrower-in
    a. A thrower-in shall not (1) carry the ball onto the court; (2) fail to release the ball within 5 seconds; (3) touch it on the court before it has touched another player; (4) leave the designated throw-in spot; (5) throw the ball so that it enters the basket before touching anyone on the court; (6) step over the boundary line while inbounding the ball; (7) cause the ball to go out-of-bounds without being touched inbounds; (8) leave the playing surface to gain an advantage on a throw-in; (9) hand the ball to a player on the court.
    EXCEPTION: After a field goal or free throw as a result of a personal foul, the thrower-in may run the end line or pass to a teammate behind the end line.
    b. Once an official recognizes the designated player to throw the ball in, there shall be no change of the thrower-in unless the offensive team makes a subs ution, there is a regular or 20-second timeout or a suspension of play.
    PENALTY: Loss of ball. The ball is awarded to the opposing team at the original spot of the throw-in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, not taking the timeout was probably the most maddening piece of the whole sequence. Pretty significant error by a veteran club.
    I don't think it was. End of game possessions have really low percentages for success when you're battling the clock and a set defense from halfcourt. The smart move was to go for the win while OKC's defense was in chaos, and Pop knew it, so he didn't call the timeout.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was OKC in the bonus, btw? That's free throws if so.
    not if it was an offensive foul

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we had an offensive foul called then we give the ball to Aldridge and take a 2-0 series lead. We got fukt.
    The Spurs never got ed. They could have called a timeout, but didn't, because they had an advantage they wanted to exploit and did. But Patty choked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, as bull as the missed call was, pinning the loss on that is stupid. Blame it on Pop's ty rotations, or Kawhi ting the bed in the 4th, or the team ing up that last possession, or any other of the numerous mistakes the team made...not the refs missing a call (even though it was pretty ing blatant).

Spurs had their chances, and couldn't capitalize. It is what it is, on to the next game.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    and nothing happens, per par...
    Who cares? Spurs got a better look than if they actually called a timeout to set up a play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a second look I don't see a shoot for 38 go Manu on the last play. He could have forced a floater but going right to left with his right hand was not the best option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills was terrible the entire 4th Q.
    So, where was our starting PG?

Benched, cause he was even worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Adams is legit mad at someone in the crowd for pulling his arm Go Spurs(fans) go!
    That's a pretty chicken move from whatever fan that was if that's what really happened.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    So, where was our starting PG?

Benched, cause he was even worse.
    You obviously didn't watch the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? Spurs got a better look than if they actually called a timeout to set up a play.
    Everyone is too bitter about the loss to realize this. A live ball turnover is so much better than a dead ball turnover for trying to score. If Pop didn't agree he would have called timeout.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty seemed to own up to it in the postgame, and Manu said it wasn't the difference in the game.

I'm far more worried about Patty's continued struggles than the game to game eff and flow for the Spurs so far in this postseason. If Patty's going to continue to shoot at college bench wing percentages this postseason, gonna be a short series against Golden State (still not worried about this series).
    I'm more worried about our starting PG...than our backup PG. Who was in the game, because our starting PG can't be relied upon.

Thread Information