Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guessed that's who you meant. And you were right.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi, and he's stepped up before on a bigger stage. But we need him to be a force like he was in game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Kawhi needs to show up. Not sure WTF was wrong with him last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else showed up against the clips?
    Timmy. Had a great series overall. Not one bad game, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again you need to stop making excuses. A superstar shows up always regardless of the players that are around him. You didn't see Duncan laying eggs against the Lakers in '02 despite having crap around him.
    Did Duncan win in 02? Also TD was a number 1 pick. Kawhi has done pretty good for a 15th pick. And Kawhi was guarding 4 positions in that series because TP and Green were getting ed on every possession. Did you even watch the series? That should of been over in 5 if anyone besides Kawhi and Tim had showed up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "problem" with Kawhi is that much if not most of his super s om is tied to the defensive end of his "two-way" elite-ism where all of the other superstars and most of them all historically have theirs tied to the offensive end, so there tends to be more consistency from the offensive end for those that are prolific offensively. Leonard is moreso a highly efficient, very good scorer but not a "great" one yet. So he tends to not be consistent offensively from game to game. But the other issue is just not Kawhi's fault at all. EVERY superstar over the last 20 years barring maybe 5 or so CONTROL THE BALL or have total license to from the moment it crosses half court. Or their offense is designed to give them high volume shots. Wade, Lebron, Kobe, PG13, CP3, KD, Westbrook, Cousins, Davis, R. Allen, Pierce, Dirk KG, Duncan, Manu etc going all the way back totally control the ball/offense or the offense in the case of bigs is designed to feed them heavily.

Leonard unfortunately and inexcusibly STILL has to wait and see if Pop or Parker is going to feed him or play a pointless two-man game or whether parker is going to dribble the air out of the ball. Leonard is oddly the only legit super star in forever that doesn't have that luxury. He's still enveloped under a "system" that doesn't offer him high volume or control. So its not totally his fault he isn't as consistent offensively as those other superstars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible that he's not 100% healthy after that opening dunk in game 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wait, so what you're telling us is that, it's important, for SA's best players to, play, good?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Duncan win in 02? Also TD was a number 1 pick. Kawhi has done pretty good for a 15th pick. And Kawhi was guarding 4 positions in that series because TP and Green were getting ed on every possession. Did you even watch the series? That should of been over in 5 if anyone besides Kawhi and Tim had showed up.
    No he didn't win but he did show up and went all out which is what a superstar does. Duncan didn't get criticized in '02 for the team losing because he put up big numbers and showed up. Win or lose a superstar is expecting to always have great games. If Kawhi wants to be called a superstar he's going to be held to that high standard.I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him. You are making excuses again by bringing up Parker and Green's bad performances which should have no bearing on Kawhi having a bad game if he's truly a superstar. Green and Parker are role players and role players are going to be inconsistent but a Superstar is always consistent that's one of the differences between the two. I don't care that Kawhi was a 15th pick that's yesterdays news we are living in the present in which people have anointed him as a superstar especially this board. If Kawhi is truly is a superstar he will not have any more bad games for the rest of this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's first 4 games in round 1against the Clips
    G1: 7-12 fg 18 pts 4 stl
    G2: 9-16 fg 23 pts 1stl 1 blk
    G3: 13-18 fg 32 pts 2 blk 3 stl
    G4: 10-19 fg 26 pts 5 ast 1 blk

Sure, he the bed the final 3 games but look at TPs, DGs and Tiago's numbers in the series. Series should of gone 5 or 6 max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan shot 9-30 in G1 of the 02 lakers series. Stupid ing got. just take the l son.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, the simple thing is, Kawhi can end all this with a monster game tomorrow.

If he doesn't put the team on his back and take us to a victory then it might be time to start questioning his ceiling.

Until then though every super star has had a bad game so far in the playoffs, some against way inferior compe ion so I wouldn't weigh too heavy on one bad performance. Two in a row might be a bit worrying though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's getting zero calls. Popovich needs to man up and start speaking on this bull . Pathetic that Duncan's willing to go there and the coach isn't.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Pop stopped drinking wine before games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kawhi has to score 30 to be a superstar? Who decides what makes a superstar? What if he only scores 20 but has 4 steals and 3 blocks? Would you take Harden over Kawhi? Seems people are confusing being a great scorer with being a superstar? What have superstars KD and Westbrook done lately? What does the 4 time scoring champ have to show for it?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the only ing legit defender in this team. And he is tasked to also be it's best scorer.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ungrateful gots. Kawhi is going beast mode but some of ya can't see past the scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ungrateful gots. Kawhi is going beast mode but some of ya can't see past the scoring.
    Mainstream fans only care about scoring tbh. Defense apparently doesn't matter. Not to mention his rebounding.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His rebounding, steals, blocks, low turnovers, great defense... but 55TS%...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We also need to stop ing switching screens and leaving LMA on an island vs Westbrook .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say our ultimate fate depends on finding a third consistent scorer. Pop knew it, its why he was so high on getting Kevin Martin (which hasn't really worked out). Who will it be? Parker? Green? Timmy? Manu? Patty? Boris? West?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this. Kawhi's the franchise. This is his team. He doesn't make excuses but he doesn't take ownership either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan shot 9-30 in G1 of the 02 lakers series. Stupid ing got. just take the l son.
    Again proving my point you are mentally re ed and lack reading comprehension skills. I know you have first grade reading skills but I will repeat it again "I can't recall prime Duncan having more than 2 bad games in a series ever regardless of the talent around him." Offensively Duncan only had 2 bad games which was game 1 and game 3. In response to those bad games he bounced back in game 2 and 4 with great scoring games and followed it up with a dominant game 5. 3 out of 5 games Duncan was great offensively and in every game Duncan was awesome defensively. Kawhi last year wasn't even great defensively against the Clippers in those final 3 games that was evident especially in game 7 when Barnes lit up. I like Kawhi I want him to succeed but he has to prove to me can bounce back like Duncan was able to do back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Just admit you on your own arguement. Pathetic got.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kawhi has to score 30 to be a superstar? Who decides what makes a superstar? What if he only scores 20 but has 4 steals and 3 blocks? Would you take Harden over Kawhi? Seems people are confusing being a great scorer with being a superstar? What have superstars KD and Westbrook done lately? What does the 4 time scoring champ have to show for it?
    He certainly had a Westbrook/Harden like game last night with his 38 percent shooting. Harden and Westbrook are chuckers I have never respected those type of players.I would like to see Kawhi be offensively efficient like Lebron, and prime Wade.
    Last edited by daslicer; 05-03-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Thread Information