Page 225 of 293 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 7307
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 4 and 5 positions are looking paper thin. Gasol is 36 years of age and you essentially have LJC and Dedmon backing up him and Aldridge. I don't consider Anderson a 4. He's still more of 3 due to his lack of strength. Bertans seems to be more of a natural 3 than a 4. I'm not sure what the plan is, but I'm sure LJC is not the answer. I would like to see the Spurs go after Thomas Robinson, heck, I wouldn't even mind Josh Smith at this point.
    Gasol is going to have his minutes managed just like Duncan. I also don't expect Aldridge's minutes to increase either.

So Spurs will likely be playing a lot of small ball! LJC is just too thin to even be at the 4. LJC is kind of like a Mbah a Moute that can't shoot! Matter of fact, he's so raw that maybe he spends most of his time in Austin.

Spurs regular 13 man rotation:

Gasol / Dedmon
    Aldridge / <MIA1>
    Leonard / Anderson/ Bertans
    Green / Manu / Simmons
    Parker / Mills / <MIA2>

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised no one is talking about Brandon bass for the min. Our rotation is going to be too young/inexperienced if we let someone like Jean-Charles play back up 3 or 4. So something like this maybe:

Parker/Mills/Murray
    Green/Ginobili/Simmons
    Leonard/Anderson/Jean-Charles
    Aldridge/Bass/Bertans
    Gasol/Dedmon/ 15th spot (probably bonner lol)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jean-Charles is not a wing. Bertans is not a 4. The depth chart looks more like

Parker/Mills/Murray
    Green/Ginobili
    Leonard/Simmons/Bertans
    Aldridge/Anderson/LJC
    Gasol/Dedmon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happened to the Latvian Rocket Dairis Bertans? Did he just suck last year or did he not want to play with the Spurs because he got more $$$ overseas? I don't remember what happened.

He also joined the Turkish team that David Blatt will be coaching for the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He also joined the Turkish team that David Blatt will be coaching for the next few years.
    Thanks for that. I was wondering what happened to him. I thought that maybe we might have a couple of bros on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of now Anderson is the backup four. I don't get what's so hard about this. It's okay to not want that. It's also okay to think he won't succeed there. But he's going to play there until he shows he can't. Every off-season move the team has made so far supports that, and even though they may well sign a power-forward to be the 15th man, I don't think they intend for that player to be in the rotation.

There's no point in making depth charts that don't reflect reality:

Parker, Mills
    Green, Ginobili
    Leonard, Simmons
    Aldridge, Anderson
    Gasol, Dedmon

With Murray, Bertans and LJC filling in as necessary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As of now Anderson is the backup four. I don't get what's so hard about this. It's okay to not want that. It's also okay to think he won't succeed there. But he's going to play there until he shows he can't. Every off-season move the team has made so far supports that, and even though they may well sign a power-forward to be the 15th man, I don't think they intend for that player to be in the rotation.

Parker, Mills
    Green, Ginobili
    Leonard, Simmons
    Aldridge, Anderson
    Gasol, Dedmon

I agree with that projected depth chart, but I really hope Bertans can find a way to take Simmons's spot in the rotation. I think he has the potential to be a far better fit next to Manu/KA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    until the end of the season, Bertans will be the backup in SF, no doubt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    finally, some action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that projected depth chart, but I really hope Bertans can find a way to take Simmons's spot in the rotation. I think he has the potential to be a far better fit next to Manu/KA.
    until the end of the season, Bertans will be the backup in SF, no doubt
    I think it's a better fit, too. But Davis will have to earn that. I can't justify Simmons losing his spot to a guy who hasn't played for the team in any capacity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Parker, Mills
    Green, Ginobili
    Leonard, Simmons
    Aldridge, Anderson
    Gasol, Dedmon

So, that makes 13. Do you think Forbes makes it 14? (Tbh, I have fo gotten his contract status.) Also, I have it in the back of my mind that Bonner is returning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The signing begins

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, that makes 13. Do you think Forbes makes it 14? (Tbh, I have fo gotten his contract status.) Also, I have it in the back of my mind that Bonner is returning.
    I just don't see Forbes being signed outside of Austin Toros or along those lines. Too many rookies and not sure Forbes has shown enough in Vegas, but who knows. It also depends on who else is still out there in Free Agency that the Spurs might want. PG and PF/C are still areas they may want to address (i.e. Felton, Robinson, etc....)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea what's going to happen with Forbes. He is supposedly already committed to contract like Arcidiacono is. So he'll be with the big club and have a chance to get a spot. I do think they let those guys and maybe another one or two compete for the final perimeter spot while looking to get the best big they can for the other spot.

I would love to see Briante Weber brought in, but he's going to get too much money at this point. So it will probably be between Bryn and Ryan. For the big-man spot, Bass is an interesting name, but I think he opted out for financial purposes. They should probably just sign a decent young guy with the understanding that that spot will be available for a vet down the road. With the number of one-year deals and expiring contracts for bigs on potentially bad teams, the buyout market should be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible. He's been the best shooter in the SL squad. They might want some Patty Mills insurance to develop for a season after this if Patty's not re-signed. I totally can see it, and I think he had a minimum contract anyways.

I see the possibility with Bonner. He's experienced, a shooter, fits the spread out style Pop is going with in the bench and I suspect that if someone is giving Anderson a hard time Pop can slide him over to the 3 and bring Bonner. It makes too much sense in fact.... specially with the amount of new young players/rookies, that Bonner will be re-signed. For once I don't mind. This is about to be a new locker room with a lot of young guys and Bonner is the most likeable, personable dude they will meet and humble enough to teach character when they don't get to play that much bc they are out of the rotation and how to be a professional. I could be wrong, but I can totally see Bonner as the last big. (Also, will Pop want him to take Bertans under his wing?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible. He's been the best shooter in the SL squad. They might want some Patty Mills insurance to develop for a season after this if Patty's not re-signed. I totally can see it, and I think he had a minimum contract anyways.

I see the possibility with Bonner. He's experienced, a shooter, fits the spread out style Pop is going with in the bench and I suspect that if someone is giving Anderson a hard time Pop can slide him over to the 3 and bring Bonner. It makes too much sense in fact.... specially with the amount of new young players/rookies, that Bonner will be re-signed. For once I don't mind. This is about to be a new locker room with a lot of young guys and Bonner is the most likeable, personable dude they will meet and humble enough to teach character when they don't get to play that much bc they are out of the rotation and how to be a professional. I could be wrong, but I can totally see Bonner as the last big. (Also, will Pop want him to take Bertans under his wing?)
    Yep. That's exactly what I think about Bonner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine Bonner outlasting Tim. Just doesn't feel right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's incredible but if there was a season Bonner didn't make sense, it was last season. This season I think he has more to give than last.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, I can imagine Bonner outlasting Tim. It's very credible.
    There are a lot less mileage on Matt's knees.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of like roaches outlasting humans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of like roaches outlasting humans.
    Was thinking that exactly, actually.

Thread Information