Page 242 of 293 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292 ... LastLast
Results 6,026 to 6,050 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't have bird rights on Bobon, so they couldn't really match, and I am not sure what the Arenas provisions rule provides. As far as I know, they chose Gasol instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't have bird rights on Bobon, so they couldn't really match, and I am not sure what the Arenas provisions rule provides. As far as I know, they chose Gasol instead.
    So how is it Manu cost the Spurs Boban rather than Gasol?

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made a qualifying offer which made him a restricted free agent. So they could have matched the offer sheet. It looks by all appearances that the front office is looking at having cap room 18-19. I just have too many question marks whether he is worth that much money with the flaws in his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder if Pop can experiment with Kyle as the starting point guard, for some games only

what do you think guys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made a qualifying offer which made him a restricted free agent. So they could have matched the offer sheet.
    It doesn't quite work that way. You have right of first refusal by extending a QO, but you still need some way to afford the contract you're matching. Most RFA's have Bird rights (and most Arenas players had early Bird rights), so their teams could match them without thinking. Boban was a non-Bird Arenas RFA, so once the got to a certain salary threshold, they lost their actual ability to match offer sheets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They made a qualifying offer which made him a restricted free agent. So they could have matched the offer sheet. It looks by all appearances that the front office is looking at having cap room 18-19. I just have too many question marks whether he is worth that much money with the flaws in his game.
    Why 2018-19? Why not next season? or is there too many contracts on the books for next season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't quite work that way. You have right of first refusal by extending a QO, but you still need some way to afford the contract you're matching. Most RFA's have Bird rights (and most Arenas players had early Bird rights), so their teams could match them without thinking. Boban was a non-Bird Arenas RFA, so once the got to a certain salary threshold, they lost their actual ability to match offer sheets.
    Yeah I should have probably clarified further. I meant to say they could have matched but it was a decision of whom to bring back and the Spurs made their decision with Gasol an Dedmon. Which I though makes the most sense. It does leave the team a little thin at the 4 an 5 but it looks better than having Diaw, West, Boban, Bonner off the bench with those two additions.

I just can't see the front office justifying that contract for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why 2018-19? Why not next season? or is there too many contracts on the books for next season?
    I would have to look back at the salary cap projections for increases and but I thought that is where it tapers off and settles. While there are some attractive free agents next season all the contracts on the books will be mostly cleared out that summer with the exclusion of Kawhi and Aldridge and Green I believe.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder if Pop can experiment with Kyle as the starting point guard, for some games only

what do you think guys?
    would like for pop to experiment with starting simmons over parker.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    still down to start patty over tp too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen rose advising Westbrook to go to the Spurs.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=17082604&sf31039602=1

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    would give up some combination of anyone not named kawhi for westbrook + adams (if they both agreed to extend).

would give up parker, green, lma, and throw in a draft pick.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    westbrook/manu/kawhi/bertans/adams or dedmon would be a really fun line up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would give up some combination of anyone not named kawhi for westbrook + adams (if they both agreed to extend).

would give up parker, green, lma, and throw in a draft pick.
    Is this going to be your post this year that you constantly bump?

Those guys won't extend. Well, Adams might, but Westbrook definitely won't. And no, I wouldn't trade for Adams for what it would cost to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Parker, green, future 1st rounder be enough? Like Rose said, probably would have to get a third team involved.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have nothing worth giving without losing either KL or LMA. It ends there. If we have any chance of getting him it would be through free agency. Only team he would resign with if traded would be the Lakers imo. He has the personality for Hollywood. I would much rather have an older cp3 then someone who hasn't gotten over himself and probably never will. And you don't have Duncan around to reign him in. Even George hill would be a better fit and would be a whole lot cheaper. You could keep Pau in this scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Westchimp is just want of those players I can never envision fitting into a Spurs System. He just doesn't seem like a guy that play within a system.

This isn't a knock on his ability. He is superior athlete, just not the kind of player I believe personally that will allow himself to be coached by a personality like Pop or the coach staff of the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what do you think guys?
    Backup PF looks to be his position right now, I am curious to know if Pop will let him run some offense with the seconds unit or given him the freedom to grab a defensive board and bring the ball up the court in transition.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw there is no Mulitinov, any word on LJC?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Those guys won't extend. Well, Adams might, but Westbrook definitely won't. And no, I wouldn't trade for Adams for what it would cost to get him.
    well that's ing stupid. if both agreed to extend and overpaying adams means getting westbrook, you do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well that's ing stupid. if both agreed to extend and overpaying adams means getting westbrook, you do that.
    Without a doubt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this going to be your post this year that you constantly bump?

Would you trade LMA/Mills and picks for Westbrook and McGary?

Team would look like so

Westbrook/Parker/Murray
    Green/Manu/Simmons
    Kawhi/Anderson
    Pau/Bertans/LJC
    Dedmon/McGary

Thoughts?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    westbrook/manu/kawhi/bertans/adams or dedmon would be a really fun line up.
    That's a ing losing lineup if I've ever seen one.

"Fun" lol

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Backup PF looks to be his position right now, I am curious to know if Pop will let him run some offense with the seconds unit or given him the freedom to grab a defensive board and bring the ball up the court in transition.
    Yeah, and it really looks like Pop's trying to shoehorn Simmons into Manu's end of quarter ball handing positions. I hope that experiment is given up sooner rather than later. Anderson clearly looks like they're trying to bulk him up for the PF spot, but he couldn't be worse than Simmons at running the offense.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's a ing losing lineup if I've ever seen one.

"Fun" lol
    keep making yourself look stupid, it's what you do best.

Thread Information