Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Re:big men

I've started watching Olympiakos games to see Milutinov, and I really like what I've seen. Guy could play for the spurs right now. Wouldn't come close to Duncan on rim protection or defensive rebounding, but he would be fine on pick & roll defense in comparison and would have finished those missed layups, plus can execute the same passes in the offense nearly as well, which can't be expected from any of the bigs around their late first round pick or someone like LJC who isn't a center and can't really play NBA level basketball skill-wise.

Hopefully his buyout is manageable with Bertans as well.
    As far as centers, Mozgov could probably be had for a bargain since he has will be coming off a down year.

Could let Boban walk & replace him w/ Mozgov who is a superior rim protector then offer Pau the MLE to replace Tim, which means D-West becomes the 6th big aka Bonner status or simply just walks. In this case, PATFO can offer Fournier in the 12 mill range (to replace Manu) since they don't have to s -out 10+ mill on someone like Noah.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-06-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teague, Dragic -even Lowry most times-, Livingston are decent PGs....
    lowry is terrible in the post season, atlanta led by bigs, spurs led by big, heat led by by wade and big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the huge win, tonight emphasized the Spurs need another mobile big that can play C/PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, props to Parker for showing a pulse the last two games; still need another PG (potentially to start) but now the Spurs' big man situation is absolutely ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just getting this thing primed and ready for next week...

Obvious priorities are a new starting PG and prolly Tim/Manu replacements. We all know about Pau Gasol, but would he be an optimal replacement or should the Spurs go more defensive athletic shot blocker? How would you like to see the Spurs going about finding a new PG: draft or FA?
    Mostly agree... I'm on the fence about Danny (obviously, if you have a shot at KD, you move him), his defense is great, but we need more offense there if his 3 point ball is just going to disappear, and he has a very tradeable contract along with his value being still fairly decent... probably the guy to move if we gotta make room for a solid upgrade...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly agree... I'm on the fence about Danny (obviously, if you have a shot at KD, you move him), his defense is great, but we need more offense there if his 3 point ball is just going to disappear, and he has a very tradeable contract along with his value being still fairly decent... probably the guy to move if we gotta make room for a solid upgrade...
    Green's value is at its lowest in a while despite the tradeable contract (which he took a discount on). Issue is bigs and consistent PG play. Fwiw, I can see Manu giving it another go next year and more development from Simmons is possible too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Green's value is at its lowest in a while despite the tradeable contract (which he took a discount on). Issue is bigs and consistent PG play. Fwiw, I can see Manu giving it another go next year and more development from Simmons is possible too
    It's very likely we won't win a 'ship for at least a few years after Manu and Tim retire anyways... but you gotta keep building around LMA and Kawhi...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very likely we won't win a 'ship for at least a few years after Manu and Tim retire anyways... but you gotta keep building around LMA and Kawhi...
    Green's a perfect compliment to both imo, and trading him won't really bring much talent in. Way I see it is the Spurs have two avenues to improve the roster through trades: Picks with salary or by moving Parker (who can bring back another near-max player). Green just brings back a different role player that may not fit as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to need a couple of new distant gunners...it is tragic that this team miss Marco Belinelli spurts of instant offense..I think Patty Mills time is up with this team..if Manu retires i don't see any reason not break up the so-called "bench mob".. Diaw shouldn't be allowed to coast his fat ass on us..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to need a couple of new distant gunners...it is tragic that this team miss Marco Belinelli spurts of instant offense..I think Patty Mills time is up with this team..if Manu retires i don't see any reason not break up the so-called "bench mob".. Diaw shouldn't be allowed to coast his fat ass on us..
    When the Spurs lose to the Duds, I want Patty/Diaw/West to have terrible series so PATFO will have a reason to dump 'em. I want Tony to keep having flashback games so his trade value will increase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs lose to the Duds, I want Patty/Diaw/West to have terrible series so PATFO will have a reason to dump 'em. I want Tony to keep having flashback games so his trade value will increase.
    Hopefully they don't chalk it up as "Warriors had a historic and only way is down for them" and end up standing pat.. As the season progressed the lack of help for Kawhi/LMA has meant we become fodder if those two don't score +45 on high deficiency..they should dissect their barely average performances in season series vs GSW/OKC/Clippers/CLE instead of those 30 points December blowouts of Utah/Bucks and the rest of dregs..

I don't think it'll happen, but, yeah, if Manu/TD retire and Parker plays himself into decent-ish value, you put trade offers for him and move on from Big 3 era, for once and for all -..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Hopefully they don't chalk it up as "Warriors had a historic and only way is down for them" and end up standing pat.. As the season progressed the lack of help for Kawhi/LMA has meant we become fodder if those two don't score +45 on high deficiency..they should dissect their barely average performances in season series vs GSW/OKC/Clippers/CLE instead of those 30 points December blowouts of Utah/Bucks and the rest of dregs..
    Considering the rumor about KD, I feel like PATFO are set on forming a new Big 3 or at least upgrading the roster. Otherwise, LMA is going to feel some type of way.

I don't think it'll happen, but, yeah, if Manu/TD retire and Parker plays himself into decent-ish value, you put trade offers for him and move on from Big 3 era, for once and for all -..
    A trade that makes sense for both teams is Tony for Teague since Schroder is going to be the point guard of the future for the Hawks so Tony could be his mentor. If there is a team Pop would be will to trade Tony to or a team that would be willing to trade for Tony then it's Bud & the Hawks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed! Perfect scenario!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, people are so focused on position, but it's more about specifics. Three point-shooters, a roller and a creator, are all needs.

Of Parker, Green, Mills and Diaw, the latter is the only one that's probably not a virtual lock to be retained. If he is, they need to stress the importance of him becoming more of a volume three-point shooter. He may not be a true one, but he functions as their version and 25 threes isn't enough (they got 3 threes from the other three rotation bigs and 43 total from all bigs).

The problem with the big rotation is, as I said in another thread, they're relics of the past. There's half a roller (Duncan) and half a stretch four (Diaw). For the most part, they're a post up/mid ranger group. Even with them in their current state, this might have sufficed two years ago, but the league has evolved so much from then to now, that it's no longer practical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - bench shooter who can provide 3s at a high volume

- bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy

- mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy

- mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing
    Isn't it sad that we are all projecting with sense of inevitability the demise of this team because of these roster flaws? never has a 67-win team felt less convincing (maybe last was the 2007 Mavs)..And it isn't even about the Warriors..a series vs healthy Clippers/Cleveland would both have been a toss-up we could lose..
    Last edited by spursistan; 05-09-2016 at 08:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, go follow the Lakers or some other sorry excuse for a franchise, its what you deserve.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    K-Mart

bench guard/wing who can penetrate consistently and is a decent enough passer to kick out to the open guy
    Simmons

mobile big who won't get killed in the PnR or when he has to switch onto a guard/wing
    Bonner

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Isn't it sad that we are all projecting with sense of inevitability the demise of this team because of these roster flaws? never has a 67-win team felt less convincing (maybe last was the 2007 Mavs)
    The 66 win Cavs: All-Star Mo Williams (Just proves that Team Duncan is the best of his generation)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K-Mart

Simmons

Bonner
    those are the definition of garbage time "fillers" and not legit rotation guys, at least in their current shape..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some potential targets that could be had for reasonable contracts:

(1) mirza teletovic. Instant offense. Stretch four. Better rebounder than most think. He has big balls. Poor man's Ryan Anderson

(2) miles plumlee - severely underrated defender and a solid rim protector. Could be had for a bargain imo and has upside. If Duncan retires the defense would still be solid. I want Noah but I fear he will be injured often.

(3) dj augustin. I'm a big fan of Nikolai jokic and watched a decent bit of nuggets games this year. Augustin was solid. He could help alot. He might have played himself out of the price range after this season.

There are so many variables and shifting needs and voids depending on if td or manu retire or if dwest moves on, etc.

If you can get a Durant you do it. Or another top free agent like gasol. After those two I like Fournier, mahinmi, biyombo,matty barnes, marvin Williams (solid year - good rebound numbers this year for a stretch four. ).
    Others you might want to consider if needing to fill needs on relatively cheap deals.

(1) Brandon jennings and Mario chalmers. It's a wait and see for chalmers post injury. Considering chalmers has never relied on athleticism you might get him on the cheap and he produces liike preinjury. Still would rather have augustine though

Gerald henderson - he could blossom in the spurs system. He's shown steady improvement over the last few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony is not going anywhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP, go follow the Lakers or some other sorry excuse for a franchise, its what you deserve.
    ur not a tru spurz fan !!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming TP won't be traded and TD and Manu doesn't retire:

Sign Pau if he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut.
    Re-sign Boban.
    Trade for Avery Bradley (1 round pick and Anderson)
    Draft and stash the 2nd.
    Bring in Bertans to back-up Kawhi.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Assuming TP won't be traded and TD and Manu doesn't retire:

Sign Pau if he's willing to take a HUGE pay cut.
    Re-sign Boban.
    Trade for Avery Bradley (1 round pick and Anderson)
    Draft and stash the 2nd.
    Bring in Bertans to back-up Kawhi.

Thread Information