Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manu straight trolling with that post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Duncan potentially getting paid not to play, I don't think this is all that realistic. He didn't make a lot of money last season, but still, I don't see the team having that salary open.

This article states that he is Boban insurance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's it say!? Translators assemble.
    Nothing pertinent to him coming back. It's a list of cool things. And he is starting to train, apparently. The trainer is from SA, but I doubt they're from the Spurs.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing pertinent to him coming back. It's a list of cool things. And he is starting to train, apparently. The trainer is from SA, but I doubt they're from the Spurs.
    Ok thanks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This article states that he is Boban insurance.
    Indeed. He had career highs last season after sort of falling by the wayside for a few years. I'm just not sure that he makes sense for the team, though I imagine Boban making huge money somewhere else would be a great selling point to other guys they're trying to bring over.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First Lorbek and now Bourousis... if this was only 5 years ago...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indeed. He had career highs last season after sort of falling by the wayside for a few years. I'm just not sure that he makes sense for the team, though I imagine Boban making huge money somewhere else would be a great selling point to other guys they're trying to bring over.
    I know nothing about him other than the Spurs tried to get him once before. The previous article claims he's the best center in Europe. If so, surely, that would make him even better than Boban?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know nothing about him other than the Spurs tried to get him once before. The previous article claims he's the best center in Europe. If so, surely, that would make him even better than Boban?
    I don't know much about him, but I have heard that. It doesn't look to be true, though. Bourousis doesn't have Boban's unbelievable size. I don't think he'd be near the terror Marjanovic is. He can shoot, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bourousis is a significantly better player than Boban and Bertans are right now. He'd suffer from the same issues Boban does though - he's too slow on defense, can't guard the PnR and can't recover in time. Offensively though, he'd be a great weapon - he's a great low post scorer, can shoot 3s and is a very good passer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt bourosis old af now?

and we need el nono to translate that manu article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bourousis is a significantly better player than Boban and Bertans are right now. He'd suffer from the same issues Boban does though - he's too slow on defense, can't guard the PnR and can't recover in time. Offensively though, he'd be a great weapon - he's a great low post scorer, can shoot 3s and is a very good passer.
    I would hope if the Spurs sign him that you're correct. But seven-footers with still aren't all that rare in the league. Nor are PnP bigs. Boban being 7-3 transcends the difficulty curb. I mean, Al Jefferson is a tremendously skilled big and would absolutely crush it in Europe, but he's borderline unplayable in the NBA nowadays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt bourosis old af now?

and we need el nono to translate that manu article
    He's 32 just like Lorbek.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This

Spot on scouting report. He played with Hanga and Bertans. Came off the bench and was very effective with his very valuable skillet. Personally I'd rather have him over Boban. I mean if your gonna have two slow for defenders coming off the bench why not have the one can shoot the three ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know much about him, but I have heard that. It doesn't look to be true, though. Bourousis doesn't have Boban's unbelievable size. I don't think he'd be near the terror Marjanovic is. He can shoot, though.
    Cheers guys. It's obvious with the ballooning of salaries this year that the Spurs' strategy is to mine foreign assets/players who are willing to break into the league at a reasonable price. It seems like a sound strategy, tbh. Not only do we have the rights to many foreign players, but we've cultivated an image as a good place to land for overseas players, so we are a first look for many who have their pick of teams. Winning a lot, of course, helps too.

We may be seeing the return of the Foreign Legion.
    Last edited by BillMc; 06-30-2016 at 08:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lorbek and Bourousis. Holy crap. We really are doomed.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlikely, even with a shorter moratorium. Unless KD trolls everyone and drags this beyond July 10th.
    If Durant really wants to stay and maximize his chances at winning the le, he totally should drag things out with both the Warriors and Spurs. Force the Warriors to let Barnes go by waiting out the 3-day RFA window, have the Spurs trade Green for cap space, wait for the Thunder to dump Kanter and come to an agreement with Horford (something they would likely do whether Durant stays or goes), then re-sign for either 5 years or the 1+1 while his two biggest West rivals get weaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Durant really wants to stay and maximize his chances at winning the le, he totally should drag things out with both the Warriors and Spurs. Force the Warriors to let Barnes go by waiting out the 3-day RFA window, have the Spurs trade Green for cap space, wait for the Thunder to dump Kanter and come to an agreement with Horford (something they would likely do whether Durant stays or goes), then re-sign for either 5 years or the 1+1 while his two biggest West rivals get weaker.
    Not to mention that Durant only has to wait until 7/6, as the cap space is lost once the offer sheet is signed, not when it's matched. That said, I think there would be major repercussions if Durant purposefully pulled a Jordan, and I think he'd have to go that far to get the Spurs to trade the players they need to to make room for Durant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, does he play like a bigger Kevin Love?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I told you guys, Thunder will go for him. And I will say this - if Warriors get Durant or Thunder get Horford and keep Durant, it does not matter what we do. Those teams would straight up be better than us.
    B-b-but I thought everyone was spellbound by the Warriors and going small ball??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's more speculation on this thread than there was on wall street right before the crash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks going after anyone and everyone.

Thread Information