Page 56 of 293 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets fans think the team didn't tender him because there was a legit chance he'd sign the QO. I don't know what to think about that. I was willing to accept him on something around Diaw's salary. If he's really closer to being priced at half that, it changes the way the off-season is breaking down for sure.

Incidentally (and I know I'll catch flak for this), I think Parsons would be a really interesting addition to the team. He's an awkward stretch-four but from what I hear, he was good there. And he has the perimeter skills the team desperately needs.
    I'd love Parsons on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh & while I like Parsons game enough he strikes me as the lowest key cancer around. Somethings off with that dudes at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not quite / I'm reading he's meeting with both Dallas & LAL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Parsons who is always injured. The one who practically stole millions from Mark Cuban the past couple of seasons. That Parsons?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad idea...

Pros: He's younger, more athletic and consistently in shape.

Cons: He's oft-injured, not always engaged and will have just received a contract (goes to complacency).

Part of me (the admittedly biased part) is hopeful that Boris shows up strong in a contract year for likely his last NBA contract. I don't know if you could count on either, but I'd be inclined to go with the "devil I know."
    Why would Houston do that?
    D's system needs speed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons wants the max, no ing thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh & while I like Parsons game enough he strikes me as the lowest key cancer around. Somethings off with that dudes at ude.
    I think he desperately wants to be a star (lol and a model) and so he comes off whiny that no one really thinks of him that way. He's not a great fit for the Spurs' culture. But at the same time, maybe being in a lower-key situation would be good for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parsons wants the max, no ing thanks
    Eh, his max isn't that big. The Spurs can't really get there now that Tim opted in, but they could probably make a compe ive offer without losing many guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Parsons going to be worth too much for the Spurs? He's still too young for some team not to overpay him. Luol Deng would probably be the only option for small ball pf.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks.. rather have Batum over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Parsons going to be worth too much for the Spurs? He's still too young for some team not to overpay him. Luol Deng would probably be the only option for small ball pf.
    Deng may well end up making more than Parsons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Introducing the 2016 NBA Free Agency All-Bargain Teams

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/introdu...163726379.html

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deng may well end up making more than Parsons.
    Perhaps. Either way I'm in favor of a smallball option like Parsons or Deng. I think it's the only way for the offense to work with Green and LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook, do you still want Clarkson? From the article that I posted above:

G: Jordan Clarkson

See what I mean by shallow guard waters in this year’s free-agent class? Beyond Mike Conley, who will get a max contract from someone, there’s not much beyond a 34-year-old Dwyane Wade and the oft-injured Bradley Beal, both of whom will most likely land mega-deals to stay with their current teams.

Because Clarkson is restricted and the Lakers only own his early-Bird rights, he meets the Gilbert Arenas provision, meaning other teams can only offer a mid-level exception for the first two seasons. However, any team who really wants the 24-year-old’s services can drop poison pills on the final two years of the deal — up to his max salary. It probably won’t come to that for a team who really wants to steal him from Los Angeles, especially since the Lakers are chasing bigger names, and there’s a salary sweet spot somewhere that makes Clarkson’s 17.3 points per 36 minutes a valuable commodity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook, do you still want Clarkson?
    Yes, I do. Though now that the team drafted Murray, Clarkson's appeal is lessened. They are too similar and aren't a long-term fit, I don't think.

Because Clarkson is restricted and the Lakers only own his early-Bird rights, he meets the Gilbert Arenas provision, meaning other teams can only offer a mid-level exception for the first two seasons.
    This is incorrect (and yes, I know it's the article, not you). Clarkson is an Arenas RFA because he has two or fewer accrued seasons in the NBA. It has nothing to due with Bird rights. The Spurs only had EB rights to Green in 2012, and he was just a regular RFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I do. Though now that the team drafted Murray, Clarkson's appeal is lessened. They are too similar and aren't a long-term fit, I don't think.

This is incorrect (and yes, I know it's the article, not you). Clarkson is an Arenas RFA because he has two or fewer accrued seasons in the NBA. It has nothing to due with Bird rights. The Spurs only had EB rights to Green in 2012, and he was just a regular RFA.
    Yeah I was on the Clarkson hype train before the draft and now there's more glaring holes that need fixing than PG (It's not like it's been fixed though). Plus like you said, those two have similar games so it wouldn't make much sense having two of the same thing. And along with the current situation of the cap space, the Spurs are pretty much tied up unless they made trades. Anyway yeah, it seems like it would be a waste of money personally to go for Clarkson now. There's bigger needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...mons-contract/

Spurs to guarantee Jonathon Simmons’ contract

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Terrence Jones might make a good value contact, with Boris and Livio pf is full. Aldridge needs a true center to start with. He's most comfortable playing the four imo where he has a size advantage. Not to mention if Durant resigns with OKC, their size will still be a problem as well as lac. These are most likely second round opponents so we need to get through them first.

As for borrousis, I think we only want him if Duncan retires, someone like Pau or mozgov gets signed and we have to let boban go. Can't have him and boban for defensive purposes. I can't say it enough, we need mobile centers like Milutinov more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is so damned fragile. Was probably going to lay an egg in the summer league if they hadn't. And I know people think I'm trolling or hating, but it's the damned truth.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is so damned fragile. Was probably going to lay an egg in the summer league if they hadn't. And I know people think I'm trolling or hating, but it's the damned truth.
    You're trolling, I would know

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad Simmons is back, now we have a SG that can at least bring the ball up the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Houston do that?
    D's system needs speed...
    Not necessarily saying they would, but it should be noted Diaw at the 5 was a centerpiece of the D'Antoni Suns squad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Simmons is the smartest thing the Spurs will do this summer.

Thread Information