Page 2 of 293 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Rather have Holford, tbh.
    Horford's inability to score consistently in the post against SFs & inability to rebound against legit Bigs make him an overpriced commodity. He would be the perfect big to defend the Worriers "Death" lineup but he would have to be a 6th man like Iggy, which isn't going to happen.

Someone like Noah is more likely to replace Tim rather than Max Money Dwight/Horford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Duncan and Manu retire tbh, and pick up Kimba for Parker and something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real offseason question will be "do we bring everyone back after winning the championship?"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, okay. The 12 year old responds.
    wahhhh cliff jump wahh

JUST
    DONT
    RESPOND
    TO
    THREAD

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign Pau!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the outcome this season, it's clear the Spurs would improve a great deal with a penetrating playmaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the outcome this season, it's clear the Spurs would improve a great deal with a penetrating playmaker.
    This. Doesn't even have to be much of a shooter as long as he consistently finishes at the rim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play, preferably a penetrator..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will probably find a PG in the draft. If Patty continues to suck, I won't be surprised if they trade him for a higher pick. Patty is still a good enough player that he would have value around the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People have mentioned him before and I'm still intrigued by him but Jordan Clarkson would be a nice get.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play, preferably a penetrator..
    Spurs don't NECESSARILY need a penetrator when the offense is mainly based on LMA/Kawhi isolations. Get a combo guard who can run PnRs & also play off the ball ala Fournier then draft a defensive minded point guard (GP II). If they want to trade Patty & replace him w/ Jeremy Lin then that could help as far as penetration but he's mediocre off the ball thus wouldn't be as good a fit as Fournier w/ the starters.

Porker is going to start until his current contract expires so I don't see someone like Teague being willing to play backup unless Porker get traded to the Hawks to mentor Schroder. (Tony/Diaw for Teague/Tiago:)

Assuming Tim/Manu retire, acquiring the French Cavalry (Fournier/Noah or Ian) wouldn't require trading a rotation player to prevent a log jam which is why I keep bringing up their names. (The Spurs will have 20 mill to spend so I'm projecting that Noah/Fournier would each be in the 10 mill per range)

If the Spurs get Fournier then they can essentially field a 6'6" or taller 5 man lineup (Fournier/Danny/Kawhi/Diaw/LMA) to counter the "Death" lineup & Noah would be useful in defending PnRs/boxing out OKC's bigs along w/ playing dribble handoffs w/ Kawhi. (Ian doesn't do anything on offense besides dunking & still has trouble boxing out centers although he has become a very good rim protector)
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-05-2016 at 03:34 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    People have mentioned him before and I'm still intrigued by him but Jordan Clarkson would be a nice get.
    The Lakers have a TON of cap space & have not been able to attract free agents so there is no reason why they wouldn't match offer for Clarkson especially when you factor in the Gilbert Arenas clause.

He isn't close to being a max player, he's a step-up from Jeremy Lin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matt Barnes (backup Kawhi), Pau Gasol (replace Duncan), Bertans (shooter), another perimeter player really athletic, ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on the PG, who would you target? Wouldn't mind someone like Conley. Tbh I would love to add Barnes to the roster as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree on the PG, who would you target? Wouldn't mind someone like Conley. Tbh I would love to add Barnes to the roster as well.
    in b4 playoff choker comment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will win it all... but i will comment here anyway. We need to get Facundo Campazzo, with the retirement of 2 or more players there is space to include him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in b4 playoff choker comment
    Not many free agents this summer in the PG spot though tbh. Unless CP3 bounces and wants to be in SA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not many free agents this summer in the PG spot though tbh. Unless CP3 bounces and wants to be in SA
    no i know it was a shot at HH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually have wanted Conley for sometime now

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Again, there won't be an all-star caliber PG on the roster as long as Porker is on the roster.

The only realistic option as far as getting a starting PG is trading Porker to the Hawks for Jeff Teague b/c of Bud. Otherwise, Conley is going to be get close to 20 mill per thus you would have 34 mill tied up amongst the PGs (not including Patty) while the starting PF is washed up D-West. (We all saw how ty the Spurs defense was w/o Tim & how terrible of a rim protector/rebounder D-Worst is at this point of his career)

Who the is going to replace Manu? Simmons:
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 05-05-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the two point guards under contract will more than likely be retained. Obviously, it's a need and I suspect they've been looking for a Joseph replacement from the moment they relinquished him. But unless Ginobili retires and said replacement has the size to defend shooting guards, there won't be a path to a rotation spot anyway.

If Duncan retires, starting center becomes an immediate void in the rotation.

It's also about what's realistic and quality restricted free agents almost never are.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Toronto
    2. Curryless Warriors
    3. Spurs
    4. Hawks
    5. Heat

Teams with Good PG play
    1. Cleveland - but they have Le Deuce
    2. Thunder - but they have rant

Blazers are really the only PG star led team, and they suck.

Spurs wouldn't be as lost if they had someone to attack the paint. Doesn't have to be a pg. None of the Spurs are players who attack, they are all jump shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know why people are mentioning big men, tbh..I understand Duncan might retire and all, but they desperately need a PG..look around, you can survive and thrive with limited wing players/role players(like Danny Green), but you'll have a very difficult time making it far without competent PG play
    Trying to sign that player doesn't make sense when Pop isn't willing to bench Parker or trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Toronto
    2. Curryless Warriors
    3. Spurs
    4. Hawks
    5. Heat

Teams with Good PG play
    1. Cleveland - but they have Le Deuce
    2. Thunder - but they have rant
    Teague, Dragic -even Lowry most times-, Livingston are decent PGs....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re:big men

I've started watching Olympiakos games to see Milutinov, and I really like what I've seen. Guy could play for the spurs right now. Wouldn't come close to Duncan on rim protection or defensive rebounding, but he would be fine on pick & roll defense in comparison and would have finished those missed layups, plus can execute the same passes in the offense nearly as well, which can't be expected from any of the bigs around their late first round pick or someone like LJC who isn't a center and can't really play NBA level basketball skill-wise.

Hopefully his buyout is manageable with Bertans as well.

Thread Information