Page 273 of 293 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,825 of 7307
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a big variable is the bench. With Gasol being 36 I can't see him playing more than 30 minutes a game. With Manu's age and Jean-Charles inexperience competing at a high level Anderson will definitely have a big workload of 20+ minutes a game. I would anticipate Anderson will get most of his minutes at the 4. I also anticipate Bertans playing a very sizable role as well, maybe 15+ minutes a game and Dedmon at about 17+ minutes a game. Based on the current structure of the team I could see them winning 53 games this season.
    You are right with this... with Gasol, Manu and even Parker sitting out many games, Anderson needs to step up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as we liked Tiago and Boris, .........Gasol and Lamarcus are definitely an upgrade over Splitter and Diaw!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like Spurs have their roster full but can still add training camp/vet min. contracts at this point:

Starters: Gasol/Aldridge/Leonard/Green/Parker
    Rotation players: Anderson/Ginobili/Mills
    Other rotation players: Dedmon/Simmons/Bertans
    Benchwarmers: LJC/Murray
    Current training camp/make good contracts: Forbes/Arcidiacono

That is 15 players. Only Forbes and Arci are not guaranteed, with Simmons expected to become guaranteed on 7/30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not proactive with trades yet have done the following:

Traded for Richard Jefferson
    Traded away Richard Jefferson
    Traded away Hill for Kawhi
    Traded Tiago
    Traded Diaw

That's just the big ones over the last couple years. Not including stuff like when the Spurs tried to trade for JR Smith back in the day, etc.

Someone who has followed basketball for 2-3 years talking about the history of the Spurs and their front office

They have always been about improving the team and being a le contender. They've consistently changed and done what they've needed to do to keep the team in the mix. They haven't always made the splashy move, but that doesn't mean they haven't been proactive.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Gasol and Lamarcus are definitely an upgrade over Splitter and Diaw!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not proactive with trades yet have done the following:

Traded for Richard Jefferson
    Traded away Richard Jefferson
    Traded away Hill for Kawhi
    Traded Tiago
    Traded Diaw

That's just the big ones over the last couple years. Not including stuff like when the Spurs tried to trade for JR Smith back in the day, etc.

Someone who has followed basketball for 2-3 years talking about the history of the Spurs and their front office

They have always been about improving the team and being a le contender. They've consistently changed and done what they've needed to do to keep the team in the mix. They haven't always made the splashy move, but that doesn't mean they haven't been proactive.
    I have really gotten on your nerves. You are mine now.

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That trade is kind of what I think it might come down to. Presti will also have to prime their fans to accept that haul, which won't be easy.
    No.

A one year rental of Westbrook is

ING USELESS.

Unless he agrees to ext,

which he is won't, just no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio will NOT lose 29 games next year....... get real! The over think this one people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ernest quoting the tiago n boris trades were not really trades. They were salary dumps where they got nothing back in return then used that salary to sign free agents...how we got rj way back i cant recall

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still expecting Damien Inglis to be signed.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ernest quoting the tiago n boris trades were not really trades. They were salary dumps where they got nothing back in return then used that salary to sign free agents...how we got rj way back i cant recall
    RJ was a salary dump for the *ucks. Spurs traded Bowen, Kurt Thomas, Oberto iirc. I don't think any of them ever played a game in a *ucks uniform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They may have been salary dumps but they were still trades and trades that were made that involved players that were key rotational players. The idea that SAgirl is saying the Spurs don't make those kinds of moves is just flat wrong.

The fact is that it is not common for top 5-10 players to be traded in their prime. So in turn it would not be common for the Spurs to be involved in trades for top 5-10 talent. But that does not mean the Spurs are not proactive and do not make trades to improve the team, including sending out rotational players. Doesn't matter if the trades netted rotational players in return or the savings were used to sign a FA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id say more active for free agents than pulling off great trades...so basically they sit back plotting for years then strike when their targets are available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For an organization that values stability it is amazing the turnover we've had. From that 2014 championship team 2 years and a month later only Manu, Tony, Patty, Danny, Kawhi and maybe Bonner remain.

Still, I like our new youth.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For an organization that values stability it is amazing the turnover we've had. From that 2014 championship team 2 years and a month later only Manu, Tony, Patty, Danny, Kawhi and maybe Bonner remain.

Still, I like our new youth.
    Imagine if we didn't sign Aldridge... It would've been a rebuild instead of a retool. But we knew this was gonna happen when Duncan hung them up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And Kawhi getting paid like a Mozgov for the next 3/4 prime/peak years

Also I don't waant to hear anything disparaging about us "tying our future" to Aldridge with that contract in this market ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine if we didn't sign Aldridge... It would've been a rebuild instead of a retool. But we knew this was gonna happen when Duncan hung them up.
    Truth. That LMA sighing (and Kawhi an Danny re-signing) were huge.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dion waiters to the heat on a one year deal worth 2.9 million

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pat Riley is truly the GOAT.

Being real and telling his washed up shooting guard to hit the curve if he wants more money. Then went on and signed Manure killer, Dion Waiters, for only 2.9M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters and his agent really overestimated his value

Could have accepted the QO and stayed in OKC for 6.8m.

Maybe he thinks he will be the starting SG in Miami and get a bigger check next season. I don't think he is a starting material player, so we'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Waiters and his agent really overestimated his value

Could have accepted the QO and stayed in OKC for 6.8m.

Maybe he thinks he will be the starting SG in Miami and get a bigger check next season. I don't think he is a starting material player, so we'll see.
    With the next cap e looming, this is a good year to bet on yourself. But you're right that he could have done essentially the same and made $4M more by just doing what you said and accepting the QO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the next cap e looming, this is a good year to bet on yourself. But you're right that he could have done essentially the same and made $4M more by just doing what you said and accepting the QO.
    Yeah, I definitively see this kind of bet working for some players (like T.Jones playing for the minimum to play in better situation with his former college teammate AD in NOLA) or Sulliger choosing to the Raptors for MLE money. But for some reason I don't see Riley overpaying to keep a delusional scrub like Waiters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I definitively see this kind of bet working for some players (like T.Jones playing for the minimum to play in better situation with his former college teammate AD in NOLA) or Sulliger choosing to the Raptors for MLE money. But for some reason I don't see Riley overpaying to keep a delusional scrub like Waiters.
    Waiters could've stat-padded all year in OC and potentially gotten a huge contract with 7.5% raises once Westbrook leaves. Riley won't matter too much, Waiters is only chasing the money here and it'll only take one dumb GM to give it to him. The deals next summer will be even crazier than what we've seen this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information