Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant, Mike Conley. Don't lose focus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A short video of Cady Lalanne. Shows his ability to rebound, block shots, shoot 3's, pass, drive, and low post moves.

Shot 46% and blocked 1.3 a game. Not exactly ground breaking numbers either.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad though either in 26 minutes either? I'm not saying he is a starter or an All star. But as a 4th or 5th big he could have some use.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guarantee you all that Whiteside's agent isn't getting a call from the Spurs. Just stop already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Simmons only costs $300k on the cap, so likely he's kept unless needed to help facilitate another deal or they're absolutely desperate for his space (if it's for KD or the like, you do it without thinking twice).

Don't forget that players can be added in trades so long as the Spurs don't bust through the cap in the trade. The FA pool may be shallow, but the FO is certainly putting out feelers on players on teams that are looking to shed bodies.

Bertans would likely be at the league minimum so the roster holds account for him.
    Bertans already makes more than the minimum in EUrope. There were rumors of a 2 year 4 mill deal that's why I asked about him. I also still see Simmons in the team, unless he's part of a trade or they need his roster spot for someone else. He doesn't become guaranteed until 7/30 and he's showing up in SL. I think he's still being evaluated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can SIMMONS play defensive point????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol expected to join the San Antonio Spurs after leaving the Chicago Bulls (Photo: @swapcenter Instagram)

Just three days after announcing his participation on the Spanish National Basketball team in the upcoming 2016 Olympics, Chicago power forward Pau Gasol opted out of his contract with the Bulls to become an unrestricted free agent as expected by most pundits around the league. Gasol will by 36 next week, yet his dynamic play and increased numbers provide an interesting free agency period for the two-time NBA champion.

Despite his growing age, Gasol has not only remained at an all-star caliber level during his two-year stint with the Chicago Bulls but also increased his efficiency and overall play. The six-time NBA all-star earned career-highs in both assists and rebounds per game during the 2015-16 season, and his free agent status will definitely entice good teams around the NBA who look to elevate to the championship level.

Gasol’s free agency thus far has remained relatively quiet in comparison to the other all-stars in the NBA free agency. Gasol is most likely expected to leave the Chicago organization, who is going through a major restructuring of their own after trading away 2010-11 MVP Derrick Rose as well as being in the process of losing 2014 defensive player of the year Joakim Noah to free agency. Instead, the Spanish four time All-NBA selection has been solely interested in the San Antonio Spurs, where Gasol can take a very important 6th man role for the championship-chasing Spurs.

Gasol’s move to the five-time NBA champions is not completely finalized, however. San Antonio also remains deeply in the hunt for superstar forward Kevin Durant, as the Western Conference heavyweight were one of three teams to get the first round of face-to-face meetings with the 2013-14 regular season MVP. While Gasol seems to be a lock for the Spurs, the capturing of KD could provide a wrench for Gasol’s San Antonio relocation.

All things being the same, nonetheless, Pau Gasol seems tobe fairly certain of his move to the Spurs, according to his younger brother and star center for the Memphis Grizzlies Marc Gasol. Marc Gasol went on to further say that, “If I had to guess – not that I’ve talked to him about it – would be San Antonio.”
    What Gasol’s likely departure from the Chicago Bulls indicates for the changing Bulls roster will remain to be seen. Although Gasol played a significant role in the Bulls offense, averaging 16.5 points per game and 4.1 assists per game, the restructuring Bulls seemed subtly ready for Gasol’s exit, while shifting the Bulls focus to superstar guard Jimmy Butler and head coach Fred Hoidberg’s true offensive technique.

With more mediocre role players gaining max contract salaries in recent free agency frenzies, the Spanish forward’s contract situation interests pundits throughout the league, as many expect Gasol to take a lower salary in order to play for a championship level organization. Gasol should be expected to make his decision soon, and Gasol’s addition to any good squad could prove to be one of the bigger offseason pickups this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong but our roster is looking crowded.

Pau (or Tim, not both)/Boban/Milutinov
    LMA/Diaw/LJC
    Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans
    Danny/Manu/Simmons
    Tony/Mills/Murray

That's a full roster. It includes Tim and Manu and all the rookies who are projected or rumored to be added. Good sign for those who want Bonner retired bc they can't spare a spot for him. I think they spared him last season but now there are no roster spots. An addition of any FA means one of the big 2 is retiring or one of these rookies is cut or stay stashed (it could only happen with Milutinov and he has to agree to stay stashed. It's a huge risk bc big men are in high demand and if he shows signs that he can play with a bit of development his agent might just wait this out and push to be signed later outside the rookie scale contract. Milutinov has choices).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the other team doesn't set picks, then probably yes.

Maybe he'll improve on that this off season. He sure seemed to get hung up on them pretty hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Durant. Don't lose focus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he has ever played pg. He has a decent size for a sg, and in minor compe ion, I assumed he played sg. In saying that, he dribble is far to high to a competent pg. He 'may' but unlikely, be able to run a half court offense, but with some back court pressure he will struggle at an NBA level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol expected to join the San Antonio Spurs after leaving the Chicago Bulls (Photo: @swapcenter Instagram)

Just three days after announcing his participation on the Spanish National Basketball team in the upcoming 2016 Olympics, Chicago power forward Pau Gasol opted out of his contract with the Bulls to become an unrestricted free agent as expected by most pundits around the league. Gasol will by 36 next week, yet his dynamic play and increased numbers provide an interesting free agency period for the two-time NBA champion.

Despite his growing age, Gasol has not only remained at an all-star caliber level during his two-year stint with the Chicago Bulls but also increased his efficiency and overall play. The six-time NBA all-star earned career-highs in both assists and rebounds per game during the 2015-16 season, and his free agent status will definitely entice good teams around the NBA who look to elevate to the championship level.

Gasol’s free agency thus far has remained relatively quiet in comparison to the other all-stars in the NBA free agency. Gasol is most likely expected to leave the Chicago organization, who is going through a major restructuring of their own after trading away 2010-11 MVP Derrick Rose as well as being in the process of losing 2014 defensive player of the year Joakim Noah to free agency. Instead, the Spanish four time All-NBA selection has been solely interested in the San Antonio Spurs, where Gasol can take a very important 6th man role for the championship-chasing Spurs.

Gasol’s move to the five-time NBA champions is not completely finalized, however. San Antonio also remains deeply in the hunt for superstar forward Kevin Durant, as the Western Conference heavyweight were one of three teams to get the first round of face-to-face meetings with the 2013-14 regular season MVP. While Gasol seems to be a lock for the Spurs, the capturing of KD could provide a wrench for Gasol’s San Antonio relocation.

All things being the same, nonetheless, Pau Gasol seems tobe fairly certain of his move to the Spurs, according to his younger brother and star center for the Memphis Grizzlies Marc Gasol. Marc Gasol went on to further say that, “If I had to guess – not that I’ve talked to him about it – would be San Antonio.”
    What Gasol’s likely departure from the Chicago Bulls indicates for the changing Bulls roster will remain to be seen. Although Gasol played a significant role in the Bulls offense, averaging 16.5 points per game and 4.1 assists per game, the restructuring Bulls seemed subtly ready for Gasol’s exit, while shifting the Bulls focus to superstar guard Jimmy Butler and head coach Fred Hoidberg’s true offensive technique.

With more mediocre role players gaining max contract salaries in recent free agency frenzies, the Spanish forward’s contract situation interests pundits throughout the league, as many expect Gasol to take a lower salary in order to play for a championship level organization. Gasol should be expected to make his decision soon, and Gasol’s addition to any good squad could prove to be one of the bigger offseason pickups this summer.
    Gasol could very well be coming here, but I think that article is bull . Seems like it's really just using Marc's quote from a while back as evidence that he's coming to SA.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While I question the article cause it seems based off of assumptions, I do think signing Pau to a nice deal for one year so that way we can keep financial flexibility for next off season would be a good fallback plan if we miss out on Durant.
    Last edited by raybies; 06-28-2016 at 09:38 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wonder what the market will be for him.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Beat me to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If it's for the minimum, why not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Correct me if I am wrong but our roster is looking crowded.

Pau (or Tim, not both)/Boban/Milutinov
    LMA/Diaw/LJC
    Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans
    Danny/Manu/Simmons
    Tony/Mills/Murray

That's a full roster. It includes Tim and Manu and all the rookies who are projected or rumored to be added. Good sign for those who want Bonner retired bc they can't spare a spot for him. I think they spared him last season but now there are no roster spots. An addition of any FA means one of the big 2 is retiring or one of these rookies is cut or stay stashed (it could only happen with Milutinov and he has to agree to stay stashed. It's a huge risk bc big men are in high demand and if he shows signs that he can play with a bit of development his agent might just wait this out and push to be signed later outside the rookie scale contract. Milutinov has choices).
    I thought Multinov had signed a 3 year contract in Europe when he was drafted. I don't think he'll be in the incoming roster.

Yes, even despite that, it looks like Spurs don't have room unless the unload players.

Pau/Tim/Boban
    LMA/Diaw/LJC
    Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans
    Danny/Manu/Simmons
    Tony/Mills/Murray

I seriously doubt that Spurs can persuade Durant to come over. OKC and GSW are in the lead in that horse race.

LJC is going to be a problem because despite being cheap and athletic, I just can't see him being close to ready for the NBA game.

Also, is Bertans really joining the team this year or is it still one more year off?

The real concern is that Spurs need to win now, unfortunately they need an all-star scorer to play with Leonard and Aldridge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he has ever played pg. He has a decent size for a sg, and in minor compe ion, I assumed he played sg. In saying that, he dribble is far to high to a competent pg. He 'may' but unlikely, be able to run a half court offense, but with some back court pressure he will struggle at an NBA level.
    Outside of Parker, the only two other players that can play point are Manu and Anderson!

Spurs need a quality PG that can defend. I don't know where they can find that player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Multinov had signed a 3 year contract in Europe when he was drafted. I don't think he'll be in the incoming roster.

Yes, even despite that, it looks like Spurs don't have room unless the unload players.

Pau/Tim/Boban
    LMA/Diaw/LJC
    Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans
    Danny/Manu/Simmons
    Tony/Mills/Murray

I seriously doubt that Spurs can persuade Durant to come over. OKC and GSW are in the lead in that horse race.

LJC is going to be a problem because despite being cheap and athletic, I just can't see him being close to ready for the NBA game.

Also, is Bertans really joining the team this year or is it still one more year off?

The real concern is that Spurs need to win now, unfortunately they need an all-star scorer to play with Leonard and Aldridge.
    I definitely do no like that center rotation. Very flawed. Can Pau roll? I've always thought of him as a pop guy. If he can roll that might work. But I'd much rather see a more mobile Milutinov make the team than Boban. Already have the size with Pau and Tim should he come back for one more, so don't need another slow big albeit size. I think holding onto boban and trying to extract some kind of pick with a sign and trade would be best in this scenario.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lance Stephenson declined option by Memphis. For some reason not letting me cut paste the Bleacher Report link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching this! Best show.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Parker, the only two other players that can play point are Manu and Anderson!

Spurs need a quality PG that can defend. I don't know where they can find that player.
    and, now, Murray...I like the idea of Anderson starting as the main pg(option possible, imho, wuth two very good and young defending wings like Green and KA), but we all have to remember that Parker started in his first year at 19 year old age surpassing, after just 4 games, Daniels for a place in the starting five...

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol could very well be coming here, but I think that article is bull . Seems like it's really just using Marc's quote from a while back as evidence that he's coming to SA.
    I felt the same about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not feeling too positive about this free agency window. The free agent class for the most part is horrible, serviceable players are going to cost an arm and a leg and the chances of Durant coming here is low. On top of that, the Spurs have so-so cap space and sure they can do some crazy cap gymnastics to get a max slot but that slot should only be for Durant. It doesn't help that a lot of the same dead weight is probably still going to be on the team. Feels a little deflating if you put all of these things together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not feeling too positive about this free agency window. The free agent class for the most part is horrible, serviceable players are going to cost an arm and a leg and the chances of Durant coming here is low. On top of that, the Spurs have so-so cap space and sure they can do some crazy cap gymnastics to get a max slot but that slot should only be for Durant. It doesn't help that a lot of the same dead weight is probably still going to be on the team. Feels a little deflating if you put all of these things together.
    idk man it feels like RC has a plan in place.

Thread Information