Page 292 of 293 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293 LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 7307
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad season for Denmon to be pressuring the Spurs. They had committed strong partial guarantees to Arci, Forbes and Garino and probably like each of them better for different reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ray McCallum Verified account ‏@RayMac3

Would I have a chance if he slapped me?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want that shirt Manu is wearing

Manu Ginobili Verified account ‏@manuginobili

Great to see my guys @Patty_Mills, @theborisdiaw and #Harvey for coffee yesterday! We'll miss you Bobo!

Patty's bicep looks quite big. Looks ripped in that picture.

Boris, well, as much as I liked him as a person, looks big (not in a good way).

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    used to think belichick and popovich were on the same level.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    used to think belichick and popovich were on the same level.
    What do you think now? Who's a level below and why?

If Patty's been working out like a madman, looks like Boris being gone is a good thing as there's no chance of him being a bad influence (in regards to working out and staying in shape) anymore.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    What do you think now? Who's a level below and why?
    belichick is much more prepared and willing to make adjustments.

pop is better at adjusting when it's too late.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you know who played in the second half of game 6 against okc?

parker started the second half, was subbed after a few minutes.

timmy, manu, kawhi were playing while tp was on the bench. and that's when we were the most compe ive in that game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude (ST poster? ) thinks Kawhi has the best chance to win MVP this year.

Last edited by BillMc; 09-26-2016 at 08:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally don't think he'll get the minutes/touches. If he didn't put up the numbers last season, he may not be in a better position this season with LMA being more comfortable and Gasol needing the ball. Only way he's the front-runner is if the Spurs get the one-seed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude (ST poster? ) thinks Kawhi has the best chance to win MVP this year.

He doesn't.

But I like enthusiastic and optimistic people, those guys who think the best possible thing will happen, and hopes for it even if it's not likely...Thanks for the video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally don't think he'll get the minutes/touches. If he didn't put up the numbers last season, he may not be in a better position this season with LMA being more comfortable and Gasol needing the ball. Only way he's the front-runner is if the Spurs get the one-seed.
    All good points. On the PRO side of the ledger, I could see the media hooking onto a Duncan retired but Kawhi still lead them to 60 wins and/or #1 seed narrative. The press loves a story... On the NEG, I wonder if Kawhi can shoot 44% from 3 again this year. A return to the mean plus Pau and LMA shot attempts could mean a drop in points.

He doesn't.

But I like enthusiastic and optimistic people, those guys who think the best possible thing will happen, and hopes for it even if it's not likely...Thanks for the video.
    I definitely hope he will and will be surprised if Kawhi doesn't get at least 1 in the next 5 years or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Less than a week for preseason games! Thank you baby Jesus we are almost there!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WAs anyone interested in Norris Cole?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing how well Dwight fits with the Hawks, I wonder whether we tried ti get him or not. Do we have any rumors about it? Seems like a better fit than Gasol next to LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing how well Dwight fits with the Hawks, I wonder whether we tried ti get him or not. Do we have any rumors about it? Seems like a better fit than Gasol next to LMA.
    No authentic rumors, but we roasted him here on ST. The guy has always been a head case, and his intangibles are off the charts (that is, beneath). Just wait until after the All-Star break and see if Dwight doesn't go Dwert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...igning-New-CBA

Team can protect eight. Who would you protect if the draft were happening this season as opposed to possibly in five years? Would you expose Parker to get out of that contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmm who I would protect?
    Bc if it is who Pop would protect, he will protect both Tony and Manu if that was this season and I might not protect either.

For me:
    Pau, LMA, Kawhi, Danny, only one of Tony or Mills, then Dijon, Kyle, Bertans. The latter 3 are the Spurs best prospects for young players, and under potential team control on cheap contracts for 2-4 years at least and able to be resigned if they develop. Since the team doesn't have much of a bench, I would keep them. One cannot keep a team moving forward that doesn't have some young talent somewhere under cheap team control.

The decision between Mills and Tony is the tougher one. I think Tony can mentor Dijon and thus I'd like to keep him, they could also exchange spots if Dijon grows as a player and can start, allowing Tony to be the bench scorer. I think that is a very workable 8 group. Playing Tony and Mills together is not workable for me, thus why for me it's one or the other. Mills could work out well too, in my scenario, but it requires that Dijon be pushed to the front lines sooner with no mentor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope league doesn't expand. It would really water down teams. Though I guess there are a bunch of players that wish it would expand so they could make it in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...igning-New-CBA

Team can protect eight. Who would you protect if the draft were happening this season as opposed to possibly in five years? Would you expose Parker to get out of that contract?
    I would expose him for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth its own thread and may have been posted elsewhere but it's interesting to hear that Pop told Boban to leave. Apparently, Boban might have stayed but Pop told him it would be better for him to make serious money. (And as a first major contract, it was the correct call, much as I hated to lose Boban). Just an example of Pop being a good human being, tbh.

"He's such a good kid, at some point I had to work to get him to understand that $21 million was different than $3 million," Popovich said. "I said, 'Get your ass out of here. Go. You've got to do it.' But he felt bad."
    http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/...-detroit-spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth its own thread and may have been posted elsewhere but it's interesting to hear that Pop told Boban to leave. Appartently, Boban might have stayed but Pop told him it would be better for him to make serious money. (And as a first major contract, it was the correct call, much as I hated to lose Boban). Just an example of Pop being a good human being, tbh.

Yup was posted elsewhere, but here is as good as any spot to dump the link about it for reference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worth its own thread and may have been posted elsewhere but it's interesting to hear that Pop told Boban to leave. Apparently, Boban might have stayed but Pop told him it would be better for him to make serious money. (And as a first major contract, it was the correct call, much as I hated to lose Boban). Just an example of Pop being a good human being, tbh.

That dude... like a man-child. Like Lennie... Probably going to Frankenstein some poor kid by a lake before it's all over, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah when I read that it made total sense. Boban is a great guy and probably felt a sense of loyalty to Pop and the Spurs. Good on Pop for encouraging him to move on and take the once in a lifetime shot at making that kind of money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mmm who I would protect?
    Bc if it is who Pop would protect, he will protect both Tony and Manu if that was this season and I might not protect either.

For me:
    Pau, LMA, Kawhi, Danny, only one of Tony or Mills, then Dijon, Kyle, Bertans. The latter 3 are the Spurs best prospects for young players, and under potential team control on cheap contracts for 2-4 years at least and able to be resigned if they develop. Since the team doesn't have much of a bench, I would keep them. One cannot keep a team moving forward that doesn't have some young talent somewhere under cheap team control.

The decision between Mills and Tony is the tougher one. I think Tony can mentor Dijon and thus I'd like to keep him, they could also exchange spots if Dijon grows as a player and can start, allowing Tony to be the bench scorer. I think that is a very workable 8 group. Playing Tony and Mills together is not workable for me, thus why for me it's one or the other. Mills could work out well too, in my scenario, but it requires that Dijon be pushed to the front lines sooner with no mentor.
    I don't think it wold be good strategy to try and protect players with expiring or opt outs on their contracts such as Mills or Pau. They ultimately control their own destiny anyway. Protect your main guys under longer contracts and young players. The goal for us is status quo while other teams hopefully get downgraded by this process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it wold be good strategy to try and protect players with expiring or opt outs on their contracts such as Mills or Pau. They ultimately control their own destiny anyway. Protect your main guys under longer contracts and young players. The goal for us is status quo while other teams hopefully get downgraded by this process.
    Eh, the Spurs would only lose one player in an expansion draft. You don't want anyone in your main rotation taken, even if they're expiring. The team can find another Bertans or Murray by the team they'd need those guys. Replacing Pau or Mills so close to the season would be horrible.

Thread Information