My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Tony Parker has to make the three or four shots he gets per game."

He is averaging 8.3 shots per game.
    Per 100 possessions the little got is shooting just as many times as last years Clippers series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he could make them at a respectable rate he would be able to shoot more, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head of the snake

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head of the snake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9.0 APG in this series. A lot of his shots are coming near the end of the shot clock when he gets the ball back with 6 seconds left on the clock and he's out past the 3 point line. He backs up, gets free and shoots. Not going to make a high percentage that way. He's shooting 40% for these playoffs.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Four shots too many.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen when he's turning down fastbreak layups b/c he suffers from PTSD induced by the presence of Ibaka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By design, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is having a horrible playoff run, so far, although it's better than what he showed last year

#9 in PER in the rotation(only ahead of Kyle Anderson), 44.8 TS% which is 9th in the rotation(only ahead of Kyle Anderson), .103 WS/48(#9 in the rotation, only ahead of Kyle Anderson), -3.1 BPM(by far the worst among Spurs playoff rotation players) and a 0.0 VORP, which is also last among rotation players..

There's just no way they can keep relying on him in a league where PG play has become vital..he no longer has a role on this team, unfortunately..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about those assists. Thought that was made clear already.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head of the snake

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Tony need to switch roles

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I conccur, at least to give manu the chance to go down fighting, last game Manu was having a good game and didnt come back up to the final 13 seconds, the purs couldnt buy a bucet for like 4 minutes before the last 2 posessions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is having a horrible playoff run, so far, although it's better than what he showed last year

#9 in PER in the rotation(only ahead of Kyle Anderson), 44.8 TS% which is 9th in the rotation(only ahead of Kyle Anderson), .103 WS/48(#9 in the rotation, only ahead of Kyle Anderson), -3.1 BPM(by far the worst among Spurs playoff rotation players) and a 0.0 VORP, which is also last among rotation players..

There's just no way they can keep relying on him in a league where PG play has become vital..he no longer has a role on this team, unfortunately..
    9 assists per game playing only 26 minutes and still shooting better than Mills for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu's averaging 2.8 APG. We need someone who can distribute the ball.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome hot take, using 90s era statistics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has played 1/3rd less minutes then Parker.
    Per 100 possessions, the dif is only 13 to 8 assists. Helps when LMA is shooting 80%.

Absolutely great that Parker is passing the ball more. But he is still having some Kobme possessions.
    9 rebounds for Manu, 3 for Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome hot take, using 90s era statistics.
    theyre not called assists anymore?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Dude is essentially 2008 Finley status except his backup is 2009 Udoka status.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Head of the snake
    More like head of the chode.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs had a decent scoring backcourt, they wouldn't have to rely on LMA to score like crazy. They could survive a bad Kawhi game but no, Parker is complaining about touches per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Mills

but in all seriousness I am curious about how dominant this team could be on offense with the spacing that Mills provides. Teams couldn't afford to leave anyone but Duncan open outside the paint.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stupid all around. Win shares, BPM and VORP have no meaning at this sample size. If you don't understand the math and cannot recreate it, stop using these stats. PER is a volume stats aggregation. It's going to be low when points are low.

TP has had an efficient playoffs due to his high assists. The starters are performing well when he is out there. If we are going on small sample sizes, Milss in Game 2 was awful by comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is complaining about touches per game.
    Damn...I can see him next game, Parker taking a lot of shots and missing them...because..."I get only 4 shots this series, Pop"

A game when the Spurs really need to give the ball to Kawhi to get his rhythm back...but no, Parker will have those shots. Depressing

Thread Information